Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victas V11 Extra review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2020 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

I tried a sheet of V11 Extra in 2.0mm on a spare blade last night, as the lighter weight is very attractive to me.

I can make some comparisons to the Andro Hexer Powergrip I had on my regular set up and Tibhar MXP which I was using previously.

Speed wise, it is still fairly fast despite the lighter weight, ≥ Andro Hexer Powergrip in 2.1mm. Initially I found shots going a little long, but I think this was more to do with the trajectory than a significant increase in speed

I measured the sponge hardness at 48° Shore O, which is just a touch harder than the result I got for Andro Hexer Powergrip, unsurprisingly they feel very similar to play with in that regard. Both feel very slightly softer than MXP.

In terms of the bite or grab of the topsheet, it sort of sits halfway between the recent thinner type top sheets and more traditional ones. It was certainly very easy to generate my own spin with, I didn't find it quite as easy to lift backspin with compared to Hexer PG, but that could just be down to adjusting to the rubber.

Overall I think this rubber has an enormous amount of potential for people wanting high performance but lightweight rubbers, it will be interesting to see how well it lasts, but recent ESN rubbers seem to have been quite good in that regard, so hopefully this will be the same.

Thank you for this nice write-up. Just out of curiosity, assuming you played with the V>15 Extra too, what are your thoughts on the two compared to each other? 
Sponsored Links

Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Thank you for this nice write-up. Just out of curiosity, assuming you played with the V>15 Extra too, what are your thoughts on the two compared to each other? 

Sorry, I haven't tried V>15 Extra.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2020 at 8:05pm
An update on its durability: unfortunately it is poor. Two of my teammates who are regular users of Donic Bluestorm Z1 and Z2 and Victas V15 Extra have found the V11's durability to be half of a Z1 / Z2 / V15E or even less. One of them used it on his FH and the sheet softened up and lost so much power that it requires a huge stroke to  produce a shot of medium quality. They boost all their rubbers btw.

He is planning to go back to V15 on his FH.

Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2020 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

An update on its durability: unfortunately it is poor. Two of my teammates who are regular users of Donic Bluestorm Z1 and Z2 and Victas V15 Extra have found the V11's durability to be half of a Z1 / Z2 / V15E or even less. One of them used it on his FH and the sheet softened up and lost so much power that it requires a huge stroke to  produce a shot of medium quality. They boost all their rubbers btw.

He is planning to go back to V15 on his FH.

I wouldn't say I have found it to be as bad as you describe, but the performance does seem to drop a bit after a few weeks. I don't boost, so perhaps that is why it is more extreme for your team mates?

If the performance doesn't deteriorate any further, then perhaps a MAX, rather than a 2.0mm would have been a better choice for me. 

Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2020 at 6:26pm
I haven't noticed that either. Sounds like they ruined it by boosting a rubber that doesn't need boosting. V11 is nice by the way. People will especially like it on BH but I find it good on FH too. Easy to recommend if you want something modern but light.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2020 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

I haven't noticed that either. Sounds like they ruined it by boosting a rubber that doesn't need boosting. V11 is nice by the way. People will especially like it on BH but I find it good on FH too. Easy to recommend if you want something modern but light.
HI Eric, were you on a long vacation or what? is everything alright in Portland? I hope you stay away from trouble; hummmm let me correct myself: I hope you are ok that's it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Agree... Victas rubbers don't boost well. I have gone through a ton of V15s over the past few years and the sponge usually goes before the topsheet. I try to boost it just to revive it back to life but it brings it back for maybe another week or so and then the sponge goes dead again.

For comparison, if you boost a dead MXP, it again plays like a decent rubber for weeks.

Jachym Aberle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jachym Aberle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 5:14am

In the sharpened state to 152x160 mm, both covers weigh the same 43.5 g. That is, about 4-5 g less than the Nittaku Fastarc G1, which I tested in the summer.
Speed:Luckily, what I was most afraid of didn't take place on my boards. V > 11 played on grubba all+ and spark off boards- controllable with slightly higher speed. Personally, I would put it in the category OFF i.e. fast spin rubber.
SPIN:This was a real good for the manufacturer, the ball bites into V > 11 like a pit bull and does not let go.The first topspin to the chope is the strongest side of V > 11 Extra.Big rotation, I can play it freely or push it at will. The flight curve is similar to that of the Fastarc G1, only slightly flatter.Thanks to the higher catapult and counterspins with V > 11 Extra played further away from the table, they have the necessary punch. So contraspin is another domain of this cover.
Control:Thanks to the harder sponge makes the V> 11 extra lower arc than the Fastarc G1, but it's not as significant a difference as I expected.Another prima feature of V > 11 is slightly different behavior in passive and active balls.
Katapult:It's not as different as hybrid covers, but it's nice when service and reception don't pop up.
Block/Conter:weaker side V > 11 Extra,because of the resoup top and the little catapult, you need to watch these strokes and you can't play them so automatically.
Coming soon I will add a review of the rubber victas V>03
All the blades and  rubbers I'm testing are provided by an online store www.tabletennisshop.eu
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2020 at 4:16pm
Could not resist the sale at TT11 and ordered a pair, to try to replace my Vega Europe.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2020 at 3:40am
There is a nice evaluation of V>11 Extra by Kenji Matsudaira
(English subtitles).  He’s an excellent player and demonstrates how he tests a rubber.  The rubber is also compared against V>15 Extra (the red sheet)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by trumpet_guy trumpet_guy wrote:

(English subtitles).  He’s an excellent player and demonstrates how he tests a rubber.  The rubber is also compared against V>15 Extra (the red sheet)

I came across and watched this video months ago... and w/o translation it tells me nothing. His loops are spinny no matter which rubber he uses.  
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

I came across and watched this video months ago... and w/o translation it tells me nothing. His loops are spinny no matter which rubber he uses.  

p.s. just noticed your mention of subtitles.  There weren't there!!! thank you :)
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2020 at 8:27pm
When did you watch the video?
The creator of the video noted that English subtitles were added on 2020/07/28
I see the subtitles (white text in black box at bottom of video).

I'm sorry that the video wasn’t helpful.
All the best in your search.

Edited by trumpet_guy - 10/14/2020 at 9:33pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2020 at 10:58pm

When did you watch the video?
The creator of the video noted that English subtitles were added on 2020/07/28
I see the subtitles (white text in black box at bottom of video).

I'm sorry that the video wasn’t helpful.
All the best in your search.

I watched it back when it first came out and didn't understand a thing.  no subtitles back then. Watched it again today, with subtitles... very nice! My guess is v11 is released to go after Rozena while v15 competes against Tenergy. 
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2020 at 1:11am
I consider myself a lower-level intermediate player.

Victas V11 Extra, black, max. 43g glued to Stiga Allround WRB. Practiced with robot and regular partner, for a total of four hours. On the forehand of my left hand.

I can only compare to Xiom Vega Europe and Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft (about the same weight), and Andro Rasant Grip (5g heavier, discontinued).

Spin on serves: Rasant Grip = Rakza 7 Soft = V11E > Vega Europe
throw: V11E = Rakza 7 Soft > Rasant Grip = Vega Europe
close-to-table counters: all have good control, with speed: Rasant Grip = V11E > Rakza 7 Soft = Vega Europe
pushes: Rasant Grip = V11E, easier to do than the bouncier Vega Europe.
blocks: Here Rasant Grip is the best. The higher throw of V11E makes it harder to deal with topspin. Vega Europe suffers vs fast balls. Rakza 7 Soft is the hardest to use.
Loops vs block: like Rasant Grip, faster than Vega Europe and Rakza 7 Soft and not less spiny.
Loops vs higher long balls. V11E and Rasant Grip allow me to loop more backspin than Vega Europe. I can repeat loop vs medium pips blocks.
Loops vs low low-spin pushes and serves: here I struggled and need much better technique. I could loop better with Vega Europe and Rasant Grip. V11E requires a more forward motion and I am scared of hitting the table.
Mid-distance: about the same as Vega Europe and Rasant Grip.
Smash: no worse than any.
Flicks: I cannot do FH flicks.

For my level, Rasant Grip would be best but too heavy and discontinued. I do plan to keep Victas V11 Extra over Vega Europe for the crispier counters, and easier short game. I do need to adapt to its higher throw.

Also, I see no benefit other than price of Rakza 7 Soft over V11E.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic