FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Robo pong 5000 vs. Butterfly amicus prime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Parth shrivastava View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parth shrivastava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robo pong 5000 vs. Butterfly amicus prime
    Posted: 06/26/2020 at 5:31am
hey
I'm thinking to buy a robot ,please tell me which will be better in robo pong 5000. ,or. Amicus prime.
Please share your reviews if you have. Used them .Or tell them more about. Which to buy
.thanks
Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Parth shrivastava Parth shrivastava wrote:

hey
I'm thinking to buy a robot ,please tell me which will be better in robo pong 5000. ,or. Amicus prime.
Please share your reviews if you have. Used them .Or tell them more about. Which to buy
.thanks

See review of both here:

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
dsc13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2020 at 11:44pm
The two robots are functionally identical.  The obvious difference is that the Amicus can only be controlled through the app,which you can run on the included tablet or your own phone/tablet.  The PowerPong uses both an tablet/phone app and the included control box which has the same feature set as the PowerPong 3000/Amicus Professional.

However, there are significant differences  in the current state of software features of each app.  The Butterfly app currently  includes all of the features that the control box does, with the added benefit of more flexibility/ease of use through the app.  Creating/managing drills on PowerPong app is also easy, but at this moment the app does not include the “cluster memory” feature, which allows you to chain existing drills together to create longer drills and/or add a randomness to the series of drills.  However, this feature is still available through the use of the control box.  Currently you can control the PowerPong using the App OR the control box.  That is if you use the app, the control box is disabled, and if you the box, the app control is disabled. This situation may change as the app matures. It is possible to create a drill in the app and then get it loaded into the control box memory, but it’s not intuitive.

If you purchase the PowerPong you are counting on the fact that PowerPong is still actively developing and app and seem quite willing to add/prioritize features based in customer feedback.  So in the long run I think it’s possible that the PowerPong will catch up and surpass the Butterfly app, though it trails the Butterfly app in features now.

I have the PowerPong 5000, and I’m happy with it overall. I am familiar with the Butterfly app as you can download it onto any phone/tablet and run it on your device,  but it won’t connect to a PowerPong robot.  I am a bit disappointed that the PP app  isn’t a complete replacement for the control box now, but I think PowerPong will come through in the long run,.

palguay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palguay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 3:51am
Hi,
  Since you are from India. You can check us out. We have developed PongFox Smart table tennis robot 
  We have sold to 10 customers so far, 

Some of our features are
 - App driven Three head robot
 - We have the ability to record yourself while playing
 - Create your own drill
 - Pre-programmed drill library

Coming in the next couple of weeks
 - Random and semi random drills
 - Session based training
 - Get feedback from within the app

Check out our youtube channel for some videos
 Post Reply Post Reply