FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

JOOLA Vyzaryz Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JOOLA Vyzaryz Blades
    Posted: 06/27/2020 at 8:47pm
Sponsored Links

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2020 at 8:48pm
Bold pricing strategy by JOOLA.
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2020 at 2:15am
handles come from italy, the company is located near my house.
It’s the same company stiga uses for their handles
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

handles come from italy, the company is located near my house.
It’s the same company stiga uses for their handles

A company makes handles only?
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Yes, and perhaps more bold is the dual/two-sided construction specifying forehand and backhand distinctions.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 12:30pm
Hi,

I know not who is making these decisions nor what are all the influences, however I hold great confidence in Richard Lee's business acumen.  JOOLA will demonstrate an assertive nature surpassing its past disposition.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 1:20pm
It's an interesting problem for sure.  If you are 10th or 15th worldwide in market share and brand recognition, how do you climb up the table.

Xiom has focused on their home market and trying to leverage Hugo to become a top brand in South America.  

Joola could try to do the same in the US.  If they could peel Kanak away from Bty they would have our two best players.  And maybe if they start sponsoring all the clubs/coaches/juniors they will strike gold.

If america is the target then a set of high end expensive blades is the way to go.  We have few players but much money.  You don't want to be competing with yinhe here.   

Good luck to them. The more businesses with a stake in the growth of TT here the better.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

It's an interesting problem for sure.  If you are 10th or 15th worldwide in market share and brand recognition, how do you climb up the table.

Xiom has focused on their home market and trying to leverage Hugo to become a top brand in South America.  

Joola could try to do the same in the US.  If they could peel Kanak away from Bty they would have our two best players.  And maybe if they start sponsoring all the clubs/coaches/juniors they will strike gold.

If america is the target then a set of high end expensive blades is the way to go.  We have few players but much money.  You don't want to be competing with yinhe here.   

Good luck to them. The more businesses with a stake in the growth of TT here the better.

JOOLA seems to have presence in North America mostly, Brazil, and a little bit in Germany.

Missing out on Hugo was a big loss - they are trying to grow in Brazil, and when his sponsorship with Cornilleau ran out, that was a golden opportunity to gain traction in Brazil and worldwide. However, they do sponsor many clubs/coaches/junior programs in the USA which you mentioned as a good strategy.

I doubt they can lure Kanak away from Butterfly. They actually previously sponsored him when he was a kid, but I don't see why Kanak would switch unless he were de-sponsored by Butterfly. He also doesn't seem prone to changing equipment often.

It is fair that they want to be seen as an elite brand and price their products as such, however, I can't see why someone would pay more to try a new ALC blade in the Vyzaryz Freeze, when they could get a known quantity with the TBALC/Viscaria/ZJK ALC for cheaper. Why not set a more mid grade price and then change your pricing structure if you prove yourself? Apart from the Rossi Emotion, JOOLA hasn't been known for putting out great blades as far as I know. And let's say I buy the Vyzaryz Freeze and it turns out to be good, is it going to be even better to justify the higher price than TBALC/Viscaria/ZJK ALC? Maybe they think so...

Edited by idk - 06/30/2020 at 1:43pm
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Xiom and Nexy tried with more or less success. I think strategic thinking at Joola is on the same path and just go with their guts: "We have the same know-how and the same sources for procurement to build the best blades so we'll price them as such, aligning with what is practiced at the top." 

Now marketing and related sponsorship must follow and they do pretty well. Between Lily Zhang embracing the Joola brand and with documentation like the "innovative low temperature curing technique brings extra feeling and touch to the blade", they sure up their game fast. 

I notice their technical staff must have spent a lot of time on the tt forums and they know how we think that's for sure, that inspires trust ClapClapClap.

Some thoughts about this in my post above.

Lily is a good sponsorship for the North American market, but especially after losing Quadri, JOOLA doesn't have many world class players. Next best is Pistej I believe.

Xiom and Nexy had success in only Korea, which may be what JOOLA is going for.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 2:01pm
Instead of releasing those new blades with ridiculous prices Joola should bring back the old Kool blade.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 2:16pm
My club (SpinBlock), is sponsored by Joola and I now have these 3 new blades setup as demos with Dynaryz AGR and ACC rubbers.  I was quite excited to get these 3 new blades and set them up for players to hit with.
The build quality is very good, and the handles are very nice, and I like the direction Joola is going with their new logo and new high-quality rubbers and blades.  I've hit with all 3 of these blades and really like the Freeze blade.  Most players that have hit with them have either preferred the Trinity or Freeze blade.  I haven't really hit with the Hybrid blade so I can't say much about that one yet.
The Freeze blade is fast, but it has good feel and control.  The Trinity blade is a little more firm or stiff and has a little more speed.  I let a 2400 player hit with the Freeze blade with Dynaryz AGR on the forehand and he really liked how crisp it felt but with still good control.  He had just bought a new Victas blade that he paid about $170, but after hitting with the Freeze with the AGR he said he didn't want to go back to playing with his Victas blade and rubber.  
The Rossi Emotion PBO-C came out a few months ago and I have been playing with that since.  I really like how solid this blade felt coupled with the control it has.  The Freeze blade is similar but just a little faster.  
I really think these are excellent blades and think they are worth the money.  They have the Italian-made handles and are manufactured in Korea, and the quality is top-notch.  Some of the players at the club use the Butterfly Viscaria, so I've played with both the Freeze and Viscaria and prefer the Freeze.  I like the direction that Joola is going and am looking forward to the other new blades that will come out soon.  If you like a fast and fairly stiff blade that still has good control then you will like the Trinity blade.  If you like something just a bit slower with more feel then the Freeze is the way to go.  I will also give the Hybrid a try to see what my impressions are.  
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

What I see Joola doing with great success is maintaining an honorable presence in Europe to keep brand recognition worldwide while intensely focusing on its real goal: the conquest of its new home, America.

Whatever happened to the Joola Tour? there were a driving force around that concept for a while. I strongly believe Joola should go for gold in a blitzkrieg style: a USA tour they sponsor by giving the "Joola Tour stamp" to local applicants, partially fund them with material and maybe money prize and maintaining a personal rating system, much like the ATP/WTA does, where local tourneys may be locally owned but operate within a common framework. We might end up with the shadow of a NBA/NHL like private organization in a typical American way but who cares as long as it produces top players in a game that will still follow ITTF rules?

Their presence in Europe is not huge, conquering the Americas makes sense, and again missing on Calderano was a big loss as Brazil is one of their big markets.

I believe they run the major tournaments in the USA still however the "tour" has gone away as tournaments have shifted towards being hosted by private clubs or groups.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

My club (SpinBlock), is sponsored by Joola and I now have these 3 new blades setup as demos with Dynaryz AGR and ACC rubbers.  I was quite excited to get these 3 new blades and set them up for players to hit with.
The build quality is very good, and the handles are very nice, and I like the direction Joola is going with their new logo and new high-quality rubbers and blades.  I've hit with all 3 of these blades and really like the Freeze blade.  Most players that have hit with them have either preferred the Trinity or Freeze blade.  I haven't really hit with the Hybrid blade so I can't say much about that one yet.
The Freeze blade is fast, but it has good feel and control.  The Trinity blade is a little more firm or stiff and has a little more speed.  I let a 2400 player hit with the Freeze blade with Dynaryz AGR on the forehand and he really liked how crisp it felt but with still good control.  He had just bought a new Victas blade that he paid about $170, but after hitting with the Freeze with the AGR he said he didn't want to go back to playing with his Victas blade and rubber.  
The Rossi Emotion PBO-C came out a few months ago and I have been playing with that since.  I really like how solid this blade felt coupled with the control it has.  The Freeze blade is similar but just a little faster.  
I really think these are excellent blades and think they are worth the money.  They have the Italian-made handles and are manufactured in Korea, and the quality is top-notch.  Some of the players at the club use the Butterfly Viscaria, so I've played with both the Freeze and Viscaria and prefer the Freeze.  I like the direction that Joola is going and am looking forward to the other new blades that will come out soon.  If you like a fast and fairly stiff blade that still has good control then you will like the Trinity blade.  If you like something just a bit slower with more feel then the Freeze is the way to go.  I will also give the Hybrid a try to see what my impressions are.  

Thanks for sharing. It is interesting to hear that some qualified experiences differ from JOOLA's stated speed ratings of the Freeze being faster than the Trinity. Of course those things are not typically accurate.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 2:48pm

Their presence in Europe is not huge, conquering the Americas makes sense, and again missing on Calderano was a big loss as Brazil is one of their big markets.

I believe they run the major tournaments in the USA still however the "tour" has gone away as tournaments have shifted towards being hosted by private clubs or groups.
yes and it is good that locals tourneys are owned and operated independently, like the tennis US Open. 

Joola should just have a process to integrate local tourneys to their "Joola Neo Tour" Tongue, they would give spots to local clubs who in exchange get balls, clipboards, trophies, swag, banners. Everybody wins. Joola organizing them all would force too heavy a structure while licensing away is just office work, project management,  shipping stuff  and going to lunch Sleepy

If at the same time Joola is good enough to integrate a reliable process to live stream their "Joola Neo Tour" events based on an easy to use paid account, we have a potential winner. Nowadays it can be done with a laptop so ONE paid account per streamed table(s) would be good enough for the whole thing and the Joola guy who comes and sells stuff in a booth at the tourney would be in charge of that.

At this time in my beautiful life, it is more than ever recommended to make a living doing what I really enjoy and - what a coincidence - I need a job! Do you want me to do it Joola? I am qualified Star and I'll do it off a travelling bus in which I'll live and transport the Joola booth (mount, dismount, carry on and off the bus...) and stuff for sale from tourney to tourney, material that gets shipped to me to the places where they happen depending the sales at the last event so I always have a fresh stock. mjamja will counsel me about surviving on the road. OH SHOOT! I should not have mentioned him, he will want the job for himself now. Actually he would be maybe better at it so I'd just submit to the traveling ping pong monk since...HEY! now that I think about it, it's a 2 persons job. I am very clean in a shared mobile home bus so no worries mjamja: are you in? we won't be rich but we'll be happy.

Edited by stiltt - 06/30/2020 at 2:52pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 8:47pm
Hi,

One major JOOLA strategy in the U.S. is the "conversion" of clubs to JOOLA sponsored.  I know some of the big table tennis centers changing to JOOLA include ICC, Maryland Table Tennis Center, and Triangle.  These are major successes for the brand.

In addition, JOOLA has a program that is attractive for our great set of medium-sized U.S. clubs to be JOOLA sponsored, including the Northern Virginia Table Tennis Center.  

I am not privileged as to the details of these arrangements.  That said, they must be appealing indeed to see this acceptance by these very fine table tennis centers.

Thanks.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 11:37pm
JOOLA has done well by me, and the fact that they have changed their logo and are producing more higher end products has me much more excited. They also have some robots coming out later this year and I’m looking forward to them. 

qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

JOOLA has done well by me, and the fact that they have changed their logo and are producing more higher end products has me much more excited. They also have some robots coming out later this year and I’m looking forward to them. 

You have done reviews of several of Charlie's BBC blades in the past. How would you compare the Joola blades to Charlie's.

I have been thinking about getting another BBC blade like the Nine or Hinoki Ghost.

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 12:56am
Hmmm...good question. Charlie makes great blades, and his handles are second to none, but I don’t think he has access to these new carbon weaves that Butterfly, JOOLA, and some other manufacturers use. These new JOOLA blades with the PBO-C are really superb as far as speed and control. The handles on these new blades are very comfortable as well, so I prefer these new blades over the BBC Nine and Ghost, but you can’t hardly go wrong with his blades either. The other thing to consider is his blades are custom made and if he ever decides to stop making them you’re out of luck. 
Out of the new Vinaryz blades I prefer the Freeze. It is not quite as fast or stiff as the Trinity or Hybrid. I was told it would be similar to the Butterfly Viscaria. My practice partner tonight had a Viscaria with Dynaryz ACC on it, the same as mine, and we both preferred the Freeze to it. The overall weight of both rackets was just a couple grams different, but the balance of the Freeze was better. He actually thought the Freeze was lighter, but it turned out the Freeze was about 3 grams heavier. The Freeze’s handle was also slightly larger and more comfortable, and the Freeze was slightly faster and more solid. 
He also had Dignics 05 on the FH, while I had Dynaryz AGR, and the AGR was much better IMO. It was faster and easier to play with. 
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 3:13pm
Thanks AcudaDave - any comparison between the Super PBOC and Super ZLC blades i.e ZJK or Mizutani from Butterfly?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 3:17pm
hmmm still waiting for the new blades to come. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 9:43pm
Your reviews are biased to maximum so this is the worst way to promote blades.

Okay I had  chance to hold xiom blades and new joola blades.
This is the same Korean company and Italian handles.  Handles are the most important part of every blade so this is good choice.

This type of blade dont get attention like butterfly but in my opinion this is the best way to spend money. No biased reviews, no expectations.
Butterfly ups the price but quality looks worse than 2-3 years ago
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2020 at 11:57pm
Ive hit with Jim Mizutani blade and liked it very much. It had a good feel and still had plenty of power.  I would say the Mizutani blade and Rossi Emotion PBO-C are fairly similar in speed and feel. Neither one of them are really all that fast IMO. 
The Butterfly Viscaria blade and Freeze are fairly similar in speed but the Freeze has a little more feel. I’ve let a couple of players that use the Viscaria blade hit with the Freeze and they both thought the blades were similar in speed with the Freeze having a little more feel. The Butterfly blades are very nice but the handles are a little thin for me. You’ll just have to try one out for yourself. All I can say is that the quality is very good, the handles are great, and they have a good feel even though they are fast. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2020 at 2:32am
i would honestly say the quality of Joola blades improved vastly starting with their PBO blades. The new Joola owner seems to be taking quality and performance with high regard. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 4:32am
The one who will spend 200-300 usd on a Joola blade has to be confident at 100%, otherwise the capital loss will be huge....
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i would honestly say the quality of Joola blades improved vastly starting with their PBO blades. The new Joola owner seems to be taking quality and performance with high regard. 

I have to disagree. Joola blades have been very good for decades. At least on par with Donic, tibhar and Andro. Rossi fire, Rosskopf emotion, Viva, fever, force, Zolli light are classics and I wish to their new blades as much success as their ancestors. The new blades are indeed looking good but I fear the price will make some potential customers a bit reluctant.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Jolan Jolan wrote:

I have to disagree. Joola blades have been very good for decades. At least on par with Donic, tibhar and Andro. Rossi fire, Rosskopf emotion, Viva, fever, force, Zolli light are classics and I wish to their new blades as much success as their ancestors. The new blades are indeed looking good but I fear the price will make some potential customers a bit reluctant.

Maybe the Rosskopf Emotion or Viva but even that would be a stretch to call a "classic". It enjoyed mild popularity several years back I'd say. I think people would consider blades like the Viscaria, Clipper, TB ALC, Ma Lin Extra, Acoustic, etc. classics.

Neither Donic, TIBHAR, nor Andro have any blades from the top of their line coming in at 275 or 250 USD like these new JOOLA offerings. At that price point, JOOLA is competing with top of the line blades with good reputations such as the Jun Mizutani, and this price point is firmly higher than classics such as the TB ALC etc. It is a bold move for a company that is not one of the leaders in the blade market hence why I expected them to come in at a lower price point, and then raise it if it becomes successful (much like Butterfly did with Tenergy).

Edited by idk - 07/10/2020 at 1:45pm
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 3:20am
the other cheaper blades are still in their range eh...rossi emotion, fever and some others are really good
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 4:03am

Originally posted by Jolan Jolan wrote:

Maybe the Rosskopf Emotion or Viva but even that would be a stretch to call a "classic". It enjoyed mild popularity several years back I'd say. I think people would consider blades like the Viscaria, Clipper, TB ALC, Ma Lin Extra, Acoustic, etc. classics.

Neither Donic, TIBHAR, nor Andro have any blades from the top of their line coming in at 275 or 250 USD like these new JOOLA offerings. At that price point, JOOLA is competing with top of the line blades with good reputations such as the Jun Mizutani, and this price point is firmly higher than classics such as the TB ALC etc. It is a bold move for a company that is not one of the leaders in the blade market hence why I expected them to come in at a lower price point, and then raise it if it becomes successful (much like Butterfly did with Tenergy).

I completely disagree. If what you say is true then there would be no reports of the joola kool breaking off. They might be good but tjey are never in the level of quality starting with the pbo blades. 

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 12:29pm
Yogi, was that reply directed at me or Jolan? I don't understand your reply in reference to my post.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 4:08pm

Yogi, was that reply directed at me or Jolan? I don't understand your reply in reference to my post.

Sorry, it was for Jolan. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic