Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALC Vs Viscaria w/T05 Hard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALC Vs Viscaria w/T05 Hard
    Posted: 06/28/2020 at 2:31pm
Has anyone tried a Timo Boll ALC and Viscaria with T05 Hard? If so, how was it? Which blade would T05 Hard play better on? 
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2020 at 4:09am
although they are similar blades with different handles, there are times the tb alc felt a little more stiff. Viscaria is a safer choice. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2020 at 5:02pm
I prefer Viscaria to TB ALC and the former plus T05H is perfect. 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 4:03pm
They are quite similar, so which ever blade is your normal preference (due to handle shape mainly) will be better for you with any rubber.  If you have no particular preference, go with Viscaria for the reason Yogi gave, as Viscaria is SOMETIMES a bit more forgiving.  The thing to keep in mind is that individual variations between one Viscaria and another are sometimes as large as the difference between a Viscaria and a TB-ALC.  One difference is that the TB-ALC has something about the top surface of the blade, perhaps UV light treatment, that makes it a bit shinier and harder. 
Shiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2020 at 4:10pm
Thanks for the info. I currently use the Timo Boll ALC but was wondering if anyone has played with both blades using that rubber to see if there is much difference in feeling. 
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 12:51pm
to most players, viscaria feels just a little bit softer than tbalc. I am currently having t05 h on FH with a viscaria and I love the combination. I have tried it on several butterfly blades, including a 90 g TB spirit and an 87 gram thalc. I did not like 05h on those blades as much.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic