FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

tennirobo robot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tennirobo robot
    Posted: 06/28/2020 at 5:22pm
There is nothing about tennirobo on mytt so I thought I'd put a quick review up.  Basic info at these links so I don't have to say here --

This is my fourth robot.  I had a Newgy 2040, then PP H2W pro, then Bty Amicus Pro.  I sold them all because training a lot with them made me worse.  It killed my timing and ball feeling, because the ball was always the same.  

But with Covid I needed a way to exercise, so I started searching for a new and improved robot. Tennirobo is half the price of my PP and Bty robots, and it is controlled via app.  It looked really too good to be true, but after using it almost every day for 2.5 months, I have not been disappointed at all. 

The best thing about the tennirobo for me is the two random modes.  Auto random just puts a box around the location you chose and sends the ball anywhere in that box.  Pro random lets you draw a shape and the robot head fires from anywhere in the shape you drew.  That means you can select any range of locations.  Pro random also lets you set a range form the ball speed, spin, and interval between balls.  That also means the robot misses sometimes, or gets nets and edges, depending on how the various settings come up.  But so does a real training partner. 

That last one is what makes it not seem as robotic as my other robots.  If you set the interval to .9 - 1.3 seconds, and a variable speed, you get balls that land short or long, and you have to wait for the timing of the ball.  No more swinging like a metronome and always making perfect contact. 

The tennirobo can also serve pretty realistically.  And I like that you can see the next ball because the throw wheels are outside the ball hopper.  It's not at all like reading an opponent's body, but no robot is.  At least there is something useful to watch, and if you are playing random, to listen for the speed of the motors too.  So you don't completely lose those habits. 

It is the invention of one guy, Sergey, from Ukraine.  I needed a little tech support and he was super available and helpful. Much more so than Bty NA when I needed support on my Amicus.  

Tennirobo is designed to be mounted on a tripod.  There is no catch-net, which I know is a deal-breaker for some people.  Personally I can't get through the full 180 ball capacity on any exercise with footwork, and picking up is a nice break for me.  SO no catch-net makes no difference to me. I do like that the ball can come from anywhere on or behind the table, high, or low. The other three robots I had were all designed to play from the same spot.  
Sponsored Links

maurice101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maurice101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2020 at 4:54am
I got this robot too after owning 2 other makes.

I agree with BRS's above points. In my experiences, support is excellent from Sergey.

Just for fun I set it up for double the spin revolutions that a top pro can produce on a sidespin serve and I watched my ex pro coach miss the table on 8 out of 10.

I also do not find the lack of a catch net a big issue and the advantage is that you can easily place the robot in any position, and not just in the center like most robots.

Just like a Tesla car, Sergey updates the app free of charge with new features and the robot has greatly improved over the time I have owned it.

The robot is also very portable that could be a big advantage for coaches if they move around.

Edited by maurice101 - 06/29/2020 at 5:04am
YV13 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YV13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 12:10am
Do you still own this robot? Is it still working well? Would you recommend to buy it? Thanks
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 1:34am
How much is it? I can't find the price anywhere on the site.
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by YV13 YV13 wrote:

Do you still own this robot? Is it still working well? Would you recommend to buy it? Thanks

I bought my TenniRobo about two years ago. Long story short: I would only recommend it to people who have a permanent training setup.

Pros:
  • Cheap (appr. 700 EUR for the large version including shipment as far as I can remember)
  • Portable
  • Lightweight
  • Customizable features
  • Can fit up to 180 38/40 mm balls (large version)
  • Can be placed anywhere (with a tripod)
  • Three-wheel motor head (can produce any spin variation)
  • Android & iOS
  • Fast support (Skype, WhatsApp, etc.) on problems or questions by Sergey
Cons:
  • Pretty noisy
  • The App's GUI is not user-friendly
  • Ball ejection is often inconsistent.
  • It takes a lot of trial-and-error to get the right drills/settings.
  • No ball catch net
  • If you don't have a tripod, it can only be placed on the table.

If you're on a budget, having a permanent setup at your place and willing to spend quite some time to get to know the App, TenniRobo is right for you. If you're expecting a Butterfly Amicus Prime on a budget, I must disappoint you. If I had to chose again, I'd spend more money on a Butterfly robot.
YV13 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YV13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 2:37pm
Thank you for the info!
RDV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2021 at 7:59am
TenniRobo has another important plus - fast rotation change. TenniRobo is the only robot manufacturer to specify this parameter in the datasheet. Change of direction of rotation about 0.5 sec. With the included reverse option 1.5-2.5 sec.
In Butterfly Amicus Prime, with a strong rotation change, the time between shots reaches 4 seconds. Motors have a lot of inertia.
DHS Long 5, H3 BS, Skyline 3-60
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by RDV RDV wrote:

TenniRobo has another important plus - fast rotation change. TenniRobo is the only robot manufacturer to specify this parameter in the datasheet. Change of direction of rotation about 0.5 sec. With the included reverse option 1.5-2.5 sec.
In Butterfly Amicus Prime, with a strong rotation change, the time between shots reaches 4 seconds. Motors have a lot of inertia.

In theory and practically yes, but as I said before, the motor head is often inconsistent. It‘s far away from a commercial grade built.

Edited by mischasln - 08/15/2021 at 9:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic