Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ventilated mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ventilated mask
    Posted: 07/10/2020 at 11:42am
Maybe table tennis players will enjoy a little help with forced air in.

The marketing goes:

--------------

Ultramasx UltraOneTM is the most advanced electrically ventilated mask on earth. With its active 2-speed built-in electric turbofan it is a true innovation in the world of masks. 

ULTRAPROTECTION

State of the art 4 stage HEPA filter membranes filtering 95% of suspended particles above PM0.3 and 100% above PM1. Certified CE, ROHS and KN95.

ULTRAVENTILATION

Active 2-speed electric turbofan providing optimal air-flow even for sports activities and a refreshing feeling especially in warm climates.

ULTRACOMFORTABLE

Reduced surface at contact with your skin and medical-grade silicon face seal make it more comfortable for hours with no vapour fogging your glasses.

ULTRASUSTAINABLE

Re-chargeable via USB and re-usable with our Ultramasx UltraFilters™ cartridges lasts 3 years minimising environmental impact. Built in eco-friendly materials.

Every box includes one Ultramasx UltraOneTM respirator mask, a pair of silicon straps, two fitting clamps, two Ultramasx UltraFiltersTM, one USB cable and a travel pouch. 

--------------

Edited by stiltt - 07/10/2020 at 11:49am
Sponsored Links

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 8:19pm
I just saw recently of a mask coming out that has silver and zink dots and a small electric current.

Supposedly beneficial against the virus and kills upon contact, still in testing phase.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 8:58pm
I wonder if masks with tiny UV lamps inside where the air passes through would help. I added to my pool such a system in addition of the sand filter and the amount of chlorine I use has decreased dramatically thanks to all those micro organisms that do not get to grow. It is possible that a virus could be killed by UV (without any ray touching the skin, of course). In addition to the "UltraFilters" mentioned above I could see the UV completing a luxurious setup. At some point people will need a belt with batteries tho Tonguehttps://www.instructables.com/id/Stylish-Battery-Belt/
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

I just saw recently of a mask coming out that has silver and zink dots and a small electric current.

Supposedly beneficial against the virus and kills upon contact, still in testing phase.
is this what you are referring to? 1st time I hear about it, thanks.

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2020 at 9:45am
Of course, The UV light is another great idea and already available and may be being used when

patients are intibated to kill the virus.

I already use the Colodial Silver version myself in liquid form but I guess you want to make sure its at a specific ppm. ( parts per million) if you take it internally.

Dr. Cho
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2020 at 10:28am
There are a lot of smart inventive people out there.  I dont know how much of this stuff will actually work but you have to love the creativity and effort. 

I'm still looking for more masks to be developed for sports and that don't have one-way valves. Right now only UnderArmour is marketing one (and backordered for another month).  It needs to be sweat resistant,  allow space between mouth and nose and mask surface (like an N95), reusable,  washable,  and should not rely on ears for attachment. Also adjustable fit (or lots of different sizes).

Edited by Baal - 07/12/2020 at 10:49am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2020 at 10:56am

Of course, The UV light is another great idea and already available and may be being used when

patients are intibated to kill the virus.

I already use the Colodial Silver version myself in liquid form but I guess you want to make sure its at a specific ppm. ( parts per million) if you take it internally.

Dr. Cho

Colloidal silver should not be taken internally!   

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/fda-seeks-injunction-against-company-accused-of-selling-colloidal-silver-as-covid-19-cure/article_05ffe4ee-67ca-58fa-aa48-d0a583c9bcb4.html

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/colloidal-silver

Edited by Baal - 07/12/2020 at 11:00am
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2020 at 3:36pm
Hope you all are kidding
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2020 at 4:09pm
I don't joke about this topic. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

is this what you are referring to? 1st time I hear about it, thanks.

Hey stiltt, just noticed you are a moderator now, does that mean you will watch what you are posting now LOL.  
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2020 at 6:10pm
Yes, that's the one.
Sounds promising.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2020 at 6:48pm
Its a cool idea but the mask will need to be wet so it wont be comfortable or easy to breathe with it.
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2020 at 8:24pm
But it could save your life!... so I'll deal with uncomfortable and hard to breathe thru.
Lol

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2020 at 11:38pm
I remember japan had something similar introduced last year. It turned out that it would be less efficient after few washes
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2020 at 7:37am
I'm using a respro mask. There's a number of models out there. Mine is qintro with powa ventils. All respro mask are n99. Mask shells; filters and ventils are different on each model.

I can use these mask with my heart rate is 165bpm while cycling. I never tried them while playing tt though.  

You can order them every Tuesday 19pm cet. 

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

I'm using a respro mask. There's a number of models out there. Mine is qintro with powa ventils. All respro mask are n99. Mask shells; filters and ventils are different on each model.

I can use these mask with my heart rate is 165bpm while cycling. I never tried them while playing tt though.  

You can order them every Tuesday 19pm cet. 

Is there a link for where to get this?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2020 at 4:43pm
https://respro.com/pollution-masks they are so tempting.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2020 at 6:42pm
OK I see.  I have one basically like that  which I use for cycling.  Just like tsubasa, I think it works fine even at high efforts, even in Houston summer.  It has two one-way valves, so it will protect you, not other people.  I once put a surgical mask over it and it still worked.

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2020 at 2:46am
I recommend ultralight or allergy models for hot weather.  
Techno's metal nose band works great so it might be best for colder climates. 
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

MrLee4ATTC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLee4ATTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2020 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

OK I see.  I have one basically like that  which I use for cycling.  Just like tsubasa, I think it works fine even at high efforts, even in Houston summer.  It has two one-way valves, so it will protect you, not other people.  I once put a surgical mask over it and it still worked.

Can you please send a link to the website that sells the type of mask you use? Thank you!
Lee
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2020 at 7:27am
Originally posted by MrLee4ATTC MrLee4ATTC wrote:

Can you please send a link to the website that sells the type of mask you use? Thank you!

MrLee4ATTC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLee4ATTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2020 at 11:51am
Now I’m researching the masks and have a technical question - any difference between “waterproof” and “medical grade” polypropylene used in the filters?
Lee
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2020 at 12:46pm
Sorry, I don't know. 
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 5:01am

There are a lot of smart inventive people out there.  I dont know how much of this stuff will actually work but you have to love the creativity and effort. 

I'm still looking for more masks to be developed for sports and that don't have one-way valves. Right now only UnderArmour is marketing one (and backordered for another month).  It needs to be sweat resistant,  allow space between mouth and nose and mask surface (like an N95), reusable,  washable,  and should not rely on ears for attachment. Also adjustable fit (or lots of different sizes).

I received my underarmour mask and I'm able to breath onto my bathroom mirror and it fogs up. So I'm guessing its kinda useless. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 7:26am
Thanks for reporting Kenney!  

In my view that MAY not be a good test.  Here is why: 

Water is exhaled in multiple forms.  It comes out as  1-10 micron diameter liquid droplets  (bad if there are virus particles in them).  It also comes out as vapor (because body temperature is 37C).  There will be no virus in the vapor, and it will condense on a cold glass surface, fogging it up.  Remember,  virus particles are orders of magnitude larger than O2 or CO2 or H2O.  That's why you can breathe just fine in an N95 mask (I have worn one for hours at a time at work), and still be largely protected from viruses. In fact, if I have to go to any indoor space these days outside of home I put a surgical mask on top of a KN95 mask. (It's what my physician colleagues do).  No problem breathing (but definitely not comfortable enough for TT,  plus cost of KN95 is high).  Also, masks can work in part by binding virus particles through electric charge. That will have no impact on O2, CO2, or most H2O vapor movement across the mask.   

Can you see light coming through it?  If so, it's definitely worthless, for you and people around you..  

If you can't see light through it, will it protect you?  No way to know from any test you could devise at home.  But probably as good as other cloth msdks.  It will definitely reduce droplets that you emit.  My guess is that if it kept you from fogging a mirror there's no way you would be able to use it for sports.   You wouldn't be able to breathe. 

I wish I could tell you something definitive. 

PS, next time I put on a KN95 mask I'll try the mirror test but don't want to open up the pack just for that.

Edited by Baal - 08/23/2020 at 6:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic