Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fake flick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2020 at 7:07pm
After thinking about it in more detail, I think it is possible to adapt this to a short push as well. So you have the heavy sideunderspin short push which is generated by a downwards wrist movement (cutting down) and the scoop up movement which generates no spin or even sidetopspin. So theoretically you could cut it first, then scoop it up. Depending on which is the true movement and which is the fake movement you could probably trick the opponent if the fake movement is convincing enough.  

Think it would require some serious touch which I don't have tho....
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2020 at 11:43pm
double post deleted

Edited by blahness - 12/20/2020 at 11:44pm
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

After thinking about it in more detail, I think it is possible to adapt this to a short push as well. So you have the heavy sideunderspin short push which is generated by a downwards wrist movement (cutting down) and the scoop up movement which generates no spin or even sidetopspin. So theoretically you could cut it first, then scoop it up. Depending on which is the true movement and which is the fake movement you could probably trick the opponent if the fake movement is convincing enough.  

Think it would require some serious touch which I don't have tho....

Managed to use this movement to do the short push. Unfortunately the sidetopspin version is bad as a short push because it definitely is much easier to attack. The heavy sideunderspin version is a lot more deadly and I think I'm going to use it as a sudden variant to the pushflick and strawberry.

Now, the difficult part is to combine all of them together (along with my serves and attacking strokes) into a coherent gameplan

Edited by blahness - 12/23/2020 at 9:05am
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2020 at 9:15am
Was watching this Gucchy video and he actually already did the sidetopspin version of the pushflick here in no. 25 (3:50 in the video below)

Edit: he also does the sidetopspin version of the short push (using the same pushflick movement) in no.70. Now I'm really impressed....

Edited by blahness - 12/23/2020 at 9:43am
-------
Viscaria

issb1655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issb1655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2020 at 1:37pm
This is another Fake Flip tutorial by a coach from Bowmar Sports

Edited by issb1655 - 12/23/2020 at 1:39pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2020 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by issb1655 issb1655 wrote:

This is another Fake Flip tutorial by a coach from Bowmar Sports

Think this is a completely different concept, it's more directional deception rather than spin deception, but also quite useful (I use it quite often too).
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Was watching this Gucchy video and he actually already did the sidetopspin version of the pushflick here in no. 25 (3:50 in the video below)

Edit: he also does the sidetopspin version of the short push (using the same pushflick movement) in no.70. Now I'm really impressed....

The one in no.69 (torsional flick??!!LOL) at 5:43 is super underrated too....it's basically a windshield wiper action, and with the same movement you can produce both topspin and underspin flicks lol. Just tried it out yesterday and the underspin variant was highly effective against sidetopspin serves, people see the flick movement and assume it's topspin, but in reality it is underspin haha... 
-------
Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic