Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

rate guess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rate guess
    Posted: 08/04/2020 at 5:03pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf1PooZspJ4

What is the rating for the long pip guy?

Edited by lgxb - 08/04/2020 at 5:12pm
Sponsored Links

wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 5:41pm
Semi pro? Guy is a monster.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
sunila View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by lgxb lgxb wrote:

First of all ratings are NOT based on just head-to-results or how graceful you look (this is not gymnastics or  figure-skating) or who is using long-pips etc

Even otherwise it is very difficult to reasonably estimate ratings since ratings are based on how well you perform against many many many individual styles. You may be way off 300 to 500 points even with a ballpark number.

I know many coaches who lower their level in training just slightly bit above the trainees  to make the trainee look good in their mind ( so they will keep taking lessons..............it is like a psychiatrist never cures you for years so (s)he can keep collecting easy insurance money. )

When I first started I knew a 2100 plus club owner who will always beat me 11-9 (or deuce)  in the 5th, while many 1500 players beat me in 3 games. Many 1600+  players would avoid playing me at any cost.  He did this so I won't give up & quit & stop generating revenue for him 

This is basically like what I may have to do at US Nationals, lower my level just be a touch above my opponent, so I won't hurt their feelings.

Edited by sunila - 08/04/2020 at 5:49pm
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

Semi pro? Guy is a monster.

As far as I know, he's not. He may have coach but definitely just amateur.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 6:48pm
2300+
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 7:20pm
Wow, that's definitely one of the more unique styles I've seen recently. For all I know this guy could be as high as top 300 in the world or just a decent provincial player in China.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by sunila sunila wrote:

When I first started I knew a 2100 plus club owner who will always beat me 11-9 (or deuce)  in the 5th, while many 1500 players beat me in 3 games. Many 1600+  players would avoid playing me at any cost.  He did this so I won't give up & quit & stop generating revenue for him 

Just a slightly different way to see it, but some people I know lower their level to just above mine when we play. They do it because it's the best for me to learn. They make the match challenging but not impossible.
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 8:23pm
Based on the spin variation, foot work and quality of the loops, he’s easily 2300-2400.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Originally posted by sunila sunila wrote:

Just a slightly different way to see it, but some people I know lower their level to just above mine when we play. They do it because it's the best for me to learn. They make the match challenging but not impossible.

Both you two are very considerate people.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 2:46am
Dude's serves are WAY over 2300 hidden and blatant illegal toss, never removes hand/arm...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 5:58am
Hi,

There was an Asian player in the 1970's that played in a similar way at the international level.  I don't remember his name.  As I recall, he was not mainland Chinese.

Due to some limitations in his approach to play, this player is susceptible to certain strategies by players with powerful games that are able to exploit these limitations.

He is very skillful within his feature set.

Thanks.

Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 7:04am
I've seen videos of 2500+'s players posted, and this guy seems like he'll give those guys a huge run for their money....

For reference, he seems to have way better control and court coverage than pushblocker who's reached 2300 without even attacking... He attacks as well as he defends (look at all those very heavy powerloops he defended with perfect height). But of course this is a highlight and he might not be that consistent but tbh that's unlikely...

FFS he loops with long pips as hard as some do using inverted lol....

Edited by blahness - 08/05/2020 at 7:13am
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 7:40am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I've seen videos of 2500+'s players posted, and this guy seems like he'll give those guys a huge run for their money....

For reference, he seems to have way better control and court coverage than pushblocker who's reached 2300 without even attacking... He attacks as well as he defends (look at all those very heavy powerloops he defended with perfect height). But of course this is a highlight and he might not be that consistent but tbh that's unlikely...

He loops with inverted black.  He twiddle occasionally. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 7:50am

A whole lot higher than any of us. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

You're right, I thought it was unreal that he could powerloop like that with pips... This makes a lot more sense. Still the speed of twiddling is so fast and smooth that I had to watch it in slowmo to actually see it happening, this guy has some insane skills...
-------
Viscaria

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 9:11am
Hi,

An advancement to the solution to this question would be found in conjuring up a match between him and Sunila of Los Angeles, a contributor to this forum, who is projected to win the next World's Veterans 40+ event, which, in the past, has been won by professional players.

Thanks. 
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
sunila View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

An advancement to the solution to this question would be found in conjuring up a match between him and Sunila of Los Angeles, a contributor to this forum, who is projected to win the next World's Veterans 40+ event, which, in the past, has been won by professional players.

Thanks. 

I heard there was some Polish immigrant who won US Nationals when he was 47 

I know Waldner won Swedish when he was well over 40

There may be others.

Please define a "professional" player in table-tennis >  because every immigrant to US or Canada claims he or she was National (or at least State) Champion in their old country and every born American claims he or she was the champion of their sub-division or neighborhood bar.

I never said I am "projected" to win 40+
I said I "guarantee"  to win BOTH 40+ as well as (all age) US National Championships

Sunila  "Joe Namath"  "ShowTime Pat Riley"   JayaWardhaneVikramasinghe 

Edited by sunila - 08/05/2020 at 2:56pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 5:52pm

Hi,

Thanks. 
========================
To win those Over-40 events in both tournaments on women's side,
the woman player needs to have a USATT rating of 2400+.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 5:58pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

You're right, I thought it was unreal that he could powerloop like that with pips... This makes a lot more sense. Still the speed of twiddling is so fast and smooth that I had to watch it in slowmo to actually see it happening, this guy has some insane skills...

He is 2400+ for sure (and while that may be way too low, people should realize that 2400+ is nothing to sniff at and is semi-pro or professional in just about every country on earth and national champion in many countries with no real TT culture).
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 6:02pm

Scary good.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks. 
========================
To win those Over-40 events in both tournaments on women's side,
the woman player needs to have a USATT rating of 2400+.
On the men's 40+ side is not only Jimmy Butler but Mingwei Ju (age 45, rated 2665)

Edited by heavyspin - 08/05/2020 at 7:51pm
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 10:28pm
He wins every point so he must be good

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

The crazy RPB penholder guy won a couple points against him in the video haha...
-------
Viscaria

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

The crazy RPB penholder guy won a couple points against him in the video haha...

That crazy RPB penholder is acutally pro -- he's former  CNT team 2 player. But this long pip guy is just amateur AFAIK.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Wow, that's definitely one of the more unique styles I've seen recently. For all I know this guy could be as high as top 300 in the world or just a decent provincial player in China.

That other RPB penholder is acutally pro -- he's former  CNT team 2 player. But this long pip guy is just amateur AFAIK.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 3:19pm

That other RPB penholder is acutally pro -- he's former  CNT team 2 player. But this long pip guy is just amateur AFAIK.

If you can hang with CNT B, I reckon you can also hang with WR 300. Smile
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 7:32pm
I think it's safe to say he plays like a pro, even if he doesn't play for a living. He is going head to head with a CNT B team player after all. Amazing LP play.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2020 at 7:44pm

If you can hang with CNT B, I reckon you can also hang with WR 300. Smile

lol, I can't argue with that
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2020 at 10:46pm
Im not sure of which one is the long pimple player as the penholder does the blocking and hitting and the other guy had real problems
if the shake hander was the long pips player he only won a few points, so he was not hanging out in the pen holders high lighted winners
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2020 at 3:24pm
I would put him around 2350 +/- 50 pts.  He's very fast on his feet and he plays very well with the long pips. His FH drive is also very good.  
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic