Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experiences switching from T05 to Fastarc G1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experiences switching from T05 to Fastarc G1
    Posted: 08/30/2020 at 10:35am
So I have recently made the above mentioned change from T05 on my FH and Acuda S2 on my BH to Fastarc G1 on both sides. Blade is a Violin.

These are my observations so far: 
-G1 seems to be easier to control in the short game on both sides.
-G1 is easier to block with albeit, especially with a slightly more open bat angle.
-G1 is amazing for flat hitting early from the bounce. So long as I go forward it feels like the rubber just wants to put the ball on the table.
-Opponents top spin is much easier to control with G1.
-Lifting backspin with a brushing stroke also work well. 
-Only mid- to far-distance looping and 'proper' aggressive opening shots are better with T05.

In short, at the moment (after having played with G1 for about 8 sessions) it feels like G1 is a very big improvement for me.

One worry is, of course, durability. I did notice that the rubbers were clearly factory boosted because of the domed shape, something that I didn't use to see with new Tenergy. Is there a significant drop off in performance with G1 after a couple of months once the booster wears off? And is the rubber suited to just being reboosted every 2 or 3 months?
Sponsored Links

Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 11:32pm
Hello Simon_plays,

As for me G1 seems at least of a same durability as T05.

Seems it has no booster inside as I bought 4 in 2015 and opened one in 2019 - you should have noticed - it has no vacuum package - and still quality is really good and reduces not so drastically. 

I like it more than T05 as T05 requires much more skill - I think that on my level and slightly above (and of course lower) G1 for FH (and C1 for BH comparatively to T05FX) suits more.

I do not reboost it - just if drastically reduces grip - clean and set bit of Johnson baby oil for 20 minutes - after that remove it and clean it again.

Of course just IMHO
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 8:17am
To clarify, you put the Johnson baby oil on the top surface of the rubber, not the back surface before glueing, correct? 
Yinhe 980XX, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Nittaku Wallest 1.0mm sponge.
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 8:34am
Originally posted by ejprinz ejprinz wrote:

To clarify, you put the Johnson baby oil on the top surface of the rubber, not the back surface before glueing, correct? 
Yeah - put that to the topsheet, not to the sponge.
Sponge in G1 is much more durable and it's less thick than in t05 so lives pretty longer than it's topsheet (just my own note) 

Oil on the topsheet surface for 20 minutes makes it grippier even though topsheet is really thick in G1 and it is really grippy because of mechanics of pretty long pips under it.

If you apply oil for more than 20 minutes  - it can ruin the surface and if much more time (like couple of hours), then even can lead to bubbles.

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Valiantsin Valiantsin wrote:

Hello Simon_plays,

As for me G1 seems at least of a same durability as T05.

Seems it has no booster inside as I bought 4 in 2015 and opened one in 2019 - you should have noticed - it has no vacuum package - and still quality is really good and reduces not so drastically. 

I like it more than T05 as T05 requires much more skill - I think that on my level and slightly above (and of course lower) G1 for FH (and C1 for BH comparatively to T05FX) suits more.

I do not reboost it - just if drastically reduces grip - clean and set bit of Johnson baby oil for 20 minutes - after that remove it and clean it again.

Of course just IMHO

Thank you for the reply :) 

Yeah, I do agree that it basically just seems to be a rubber that is suited to a lower skill level than T05.

Interesting what you said about the baby oil. I did buy some Falco Life Extender to try out, will use that before I go down the baby oil route.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 7:50pm
I used G1 and C1 for a long time and I think they are great value for money. I have said a few times that with the plastic ball, the profile of the rubbers that were made in the ESN generation of Barracuda, Hexer, Genius, Vega Pro, Xplode, Fastarc G1 etc.  all went up, and I would find it hard to recommend a more expensive rubber to someone who doesn't have an advanced loop and even to someone who does unless they play quite a bit off the table. That is where some of the effort required to spin with G1 begins to tell.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I used G1 and C1 for a long time and I think they are great value for money. I have said a few times that with the plastic ball, the profile of the rubbers that were made in the ESN generation of Barracuda, Hexer, Genius, Vega Pro, Xplode, Fastarc G1 etc.  all went up, and I would find it hard to recommend a more expensive rubber to someone who doesn't have an advanced loop and even to someone who does unless they play quite a bit off the table. That is where some of the effort required to spin with G1 begins to tell.

Have you used Fastarc P1?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 12:09am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Have you used Fastarc P1?

Profile of the rubbers ... all went up?

Do you mean that the playing public (EJ's?) noticed that certain ESN rubbers "bite" the ABS balls more than other topsheet formulations?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 12:36am
I pretty much agree with whatever Nextlevel mentioned there. With the cell ball and even the initial hard pballs like xushaofa etc, the rubbers from that gen were a bit too grabby and kinda tough to control in passive play (unless you had a really fast stiff ply to balance it out). But since the abs balls don't bite into the rubber as much and play quite a bit flatter, these gen rubbers feel really good to use for any intermediate  and even for advanced players to some degree. The best thing abt these rubbers to me is that I find their properties don't change a whole lot or as drastically or most of the higher end rubbers like the mxp, rasanter and t05 as well, though to a smaller degree, so works quite well for the recreational player that changes rubbers after 6months+ or maybe even run em for a year. 

They might lack power a few steps off the tables, so may not work for the highest level, and they don't really work well with boosters. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2020 at 7:18pm
In my club there's a running joke about Tenergy players coz they generally have poor control of serve receive and blocks and can only attack well haha...so you tend to get a lot of free points against them LOL

Edited by blahness - 09/06/2020 at 7:18pm
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2020 at 11:09am

Well said. I went to Tenergy 05 both sides after using Vega Pro and the like for a couple of years (Waldner WC89 blade). It's fun to play with but I don't notice a major difference that justifies such extra $$ per rubber change. I plan to try G1 next time.

Out of interest, what do you use now if not G1/C1?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

Well said. I went to Tenergy 05 both sides after using Vega Pro and the like for a couple of years (Waldner WC89 blade). It's fun to play with but I don't notice a major difference that justifies such extra $$ per rubber change. I plan to try G1 next time.

I used Tenergy 05H and then Dignics 09C. It is funny.  I couldn't use Butterfly rubbers because I found them too bouncy but when I tried those ones, I found them usable.   I also noticed some extra spin for how I play, but whether it justifies the price... I don't change rubbers often so I guess it doesn't really matter. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2020 at 6:32pm

Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

I used Tenergy 05H and then Dignics 09C. It is funny.  I couldn't use Butterfly rubbers because I found them too bouncy but when I tried those ones, I found them usable.   I also noticed some extra spin for how I play, but whether it justifies the price... I don't change rubbers often so I guess it doesn't really matter. 

Thanks. I just noticed that your setup is in your signature.....
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 10:28am
 Dignics 09C - almost $100 for rubber Censored 

Its like 2 hours training with personal coach. What gives you more benefits? I am so much biased against that dic*nicks rubber ... Can't stop bashing it every time I see :)
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Its like 2 hours training with personal coach. What gives you more benefits? I am so much biased against that dic*nicks rubber ... Can't stop bashing it every time I see :)
To be quite fair, it depends on the coach.

It is atrocious though, especially when you consider how many rubbers one goes through over a 5 year period, and likely wanting 2 sheets at a time.

I think the Vietnamese have it right by frankensteining different unused cuttings of a sheet in order to make say 1.2 or 1.3 sheets of rubber per sheet purchased!

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2020 at 1:10am

Tbh it's probably the best rubber on the market now, and butterfly is pricing it accordingly.... The only equivalent is a boosted H3 blue sponge national which is also around the same price range Tongue
-------
Viscaria

fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 9:25am
Not so long ago I saw so many messages about how remarkable T05 is and also so many questions to find alternative (cheaper?) tensor but as close as possible to T05. What aspects of T05 were fixed by di*knics? I see your current setup suggests that in the past you might had T05 on your BH :))
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 10:46pm

Not so long ago I saw so many messages about how remarkable T05 is and also so many questions to find alternative (cheaper?) tensor but as close as possible to T05. What aspects of T05 were fixed by di*knics? I see your current setup suggests that in the past you might had T05 on your BH :))

I never liked the bounciness of Tenergy. Dignics 09c is a semi tacky rubber which makes it super different to all other Dignics rubbers... If you drop a ball onto the rubber the bounce will die off in 3 bounces or so. So this means it's also super controllable in serve receive with huge spin in opening loops especially if you use proper technique powered by body rotation. 
-------
Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic