FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

LOKI Table Tennis Mfg.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOKI Table Tennis Mfg.
    Posted: 09/09/2020 at 6:07pm

Does anyone know anything about this company? They appeared on my LinkedIn.

Edited by AcudaDave - 09/09/2020 at 6:08pm
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2020 at 7:00pm
They have a store on AliExpress:
and princett has some of their blades:
I've been tempted to buy a Yinhe Pro Feeling-like blade but I have to figure out first what outer wood I want, they have Limba, Hinoki, and now also Koto (the Arthur Pro Super ZL, see princett). Maybe one of the EJ's should sacrifice and buy one and then report back. I am not quite there yet.
Yinhe 980XX, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Nittaku Wallest 1.0mm sponge.
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 8:02am
I bought a Loki red flame several months ago but have to wait until next week for any game time. Probably a few sessions needed to shake down the rust and adjust
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 8:16am
I read it’s a company in which Wang Hao is involved; not sure whether he is a partner or he just endorses the brand in exchange for a check.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 10:02am
the loki 5 rubbers are like a softer h3. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 1:35pm
Their professional line of rubbers sell for $36. Not sure how much their blades cost.  Once someone plays with their blade/rubbers please post a review about the performance and quality.

Thanks
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2020 at 2:57pm
The blades go all the way from ~$20 to ~$100, see:
I have ordered other blades & rubbers from princett and they always delivered to my satisfaction. I think Airmail is back so typically a couple of weeks.
The confusing thing for me was that the Chinese suppliers (Yinhe, DHS, Loki) sell most every combination of wood, carbon/synthetic, so one has to pretty much know the makeup of the blade before buying. Also the handles are different, from very thick (FL) like Fextra (which I like) to way too thin (for me). So it's best to play a blade before actually buying it.

As an example, go to princett and look at the Yinhe T series - 11 combinations of Cypress top, carbon, etc. (except the T11+ which doesn't fit as it has Limba top). And the clones (PD-437 = Clipper, etc.).
I do have to say, the quality of the Yinhe blades I bought (and Sanwei) was top notch as far as I can tell.

As far as LOKI is concerned, I like their handle design (the Arthur K series)...
Yinhe 980XX, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Nittaku Wallest 1.0mm sponge.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 10:07am
I had bad experience with Loki shop at Aliexpress. Prior to purchasing I re-confirmed with seller whther they have weight which I need. I was assured about that 100%. Guess, what - they sent me blade 3 grams lighter. The funny thing about the whole situation was that seller would go above and beyond denying the fact that we had an agreement (even when presented with screenshot). They tried to blame my scales, which is a fair assumption, scales can be off on both sides, but I bought many blades from other sellers and somehow my scale and their scales always were in agreement, except for Loki store.

The reason why they sent me blade with the wrong weight was a silly human error. They weighted wrapped WITH thick protective film on it. Can you believe that? And then they claimed that that was what I asked for, denying the fact that I sort of don't intend to play with protective film LOL.

Anyway, good luck ordering :) I personally staying away from the Loki shop on aliexpress.

And quite opposite - keen to recommend an alternative blade maker/seller - Stour. Very good quality blades. I wanted to try how wenge and walnut plays without paying $100 USD for each. Wenge is still in progress but Walnut arrived not so long ago. Totally love:
- the communication with seller
- the accuracy of blade weight he set me
- blade quality and playing performance
- and price is a joke

This is my third blade from no-name maker. Well, I dont know ... quality is no less than BTY or Nittaku and better than Stiga (even though Stiga is my favourite brand for the last year or so ...) Stour, Yinhe and Sanwei certainly know how to make blades!

729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
SpiritualEnigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpiritualEnigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2020 at 9:25pm
Where does stour sell his blades?
CpenTwiddle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CpenTwiddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 5:57am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by CpenTwiddle CpenTwiddle wrote:

Stuor also on AliExpress:
A lot of very interesting blades.

That the one I mentioned.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2020 at 9:16pm
3grams difference is really not that much. I used to order some blades from BBC out in California and many times the weight would be off 2-3 grams from what he weighed to the time I received it. He said the humidity difference would probably cause a difference in the weight. 
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 12:25am
Well, I sent Loki his silly blade back and ordered from Stour. Got exact weight without any "humidity differences" caused by him putting blade on the scale with packaging :)
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2020 at 2:33am

Edited by BeaverMD - 11/02/2021 at 7:57am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2020 at 3:06am
Not sure if "counterfeits" is the ethical term here. I am not Eng speaker but Google tells me "made in exact imitation of something valuable with the intention to deceive or defraud". It is obvious to me that there is no intention to deceive or fraud. Stour price is fair. 

In fact, when it comes to price, then the "fraud" is on DHS or BTY side, because piece of wood just cannot cost that much as their ask. 

Okay, now I sounded like I am Stour fan, but I am not.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2020 at 3:29am

Edited by BeaverMD - 11/02/2021 at 7:57am
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2020 at 7:45am
Walnut

and 

Wenge
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32823217399.html

Don't have much to compare with. I wanted to get Stiga Intensity NCT V, but ended up confused whether it is fast or slow racket. My coach has advised me to move on to one step faster setup. I know spruce as 2nd ply would be exactly what I need for speed but top ply is very important factor. So I decided to try out three blades with virtually identical structures, the same weight but only different top plys - Wenge, Koto and Walnut.

Based on how walnut from Stour plays, I don't need to buy Stiga, this blade is good enough already.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 5:40pm
Thanks for the info! I really would like to try one of these Stuor blade. I really would like to try Harimoto version or the Revoldia... I always thought it was a crappy cheaper version of the original, but if you state it's a quality one, it might deserve to give it a try...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I really would like to try one of these Stuor blade. I really would like to try Harimoto version or the Revoldia... I always thought it was a crappy cheaper version of the original, but if you state it's a quality one, it might deserve to give it a try...

For shits and giggles I ordered ST of Harimoto ALC and Harimoto SZLC, they were willing to make me ST handles, which is nice.
The good:
Shipping was fast, came with gifts Clap
Quality was very good. I've seen bad ones in the past, it's not even funny lol
They are willing to make custom ST for me
Cheap!

The bad:
The ALC and SZLC have different head size.
Bouncing the ball on them, they sound the same LOL
They play exactly the same, very fast, minimal dwell time. Very bouncy.
Compared to the originals, not even close LOL

Edited by dual700 - 11/03/2020 at 1:14pm
M.Hoang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2020 at 9:31pm
seem like clone blades in china are harder than the original ver. I played some yinhe blades and all off thêm are harder - what i dont like. I still find the closest clone of butterfly blade because of the high price of them.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2020 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by M.Hoang M.Hoang wrote:

seem like clone blades in china are harder than the original ver. I played some yinhe blades and all off thêm are harder - what i dont like. I still find the closest clone of butterfly blade because of the high price of them.
I believe because when we compare to the original, the clones usually have much much thinner top ply, which make them all harder and much less dwell time.
M.Hoang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2020 at 12:32am
why? They can made the top ply thinner but... 
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2020 at 11:32am
Because it's cheaper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic