Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Powerful Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerful Short Pips
    Posted: 09/11/2020 at 12:09am
I'm currently using TSP Spectol Blue on my FH. I've liked every vertically-aligned SP I've tried and hated every horizontally-aligned SP.

Here are some on my radar:

Andro Hexer Pips Force
Dr Neubauer Tornado Extreme
Nittaku Sonic AR
Victas VO>101
Victas VO>103
Xiom Vega SPO

What's new in the world of powerful, hitting SP for FH? What are the best SP on my list? What are the worst SP on my list? Vertical pip alignment is preferred.
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
Sponsored Links

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 5:15am
If you can master Victas 101, nobody is going to enjoy playing with you.  A little bit easier to master (but a wee bit less funky) is Killer by the Doc.

btw, pips on the Tornado Ultra are horizontally aligned and it plays almost like inverted.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by alexuganski alexuganski wrote:

I'm currently using TSP Spectol Blue on my FH. I've liked every vertically-aligned SP I've tried and hated every horizontally-aligned SP.

Here are some on my radar:

Andro Hexer Pips Force
Dr Neubauer Tornado Extreme
Nittaku Sonic AR
Victas VO>101
Victas VO>103
Xiom Vega SPO

What's new in the world of powerful, hitting SP for FH? What are the best SP on my list? What are the worst SP on my list? Vertical pip alignment is preferred.

Hp Force  but they have made it too bouncy even in 1.7mm
Current hexer pips are more faster than 5 years ago.
Victas 103 takes some high skill but the disturbance/ control ratio is great.the best I ve tried is nittaku beautry very stable you can return easily heavy loops,this rubber allowed  me to beat several 2300 players.

The SP I wouldnt use is xiom SPO  ,moristo is good but current versions are not  having the same quality, hammond Fa is used by top players despite being old tech.

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/10/2023 at 4:17am
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 3:58pm
I am quite the opposite: never liked vertical pips. The only vertical I could play with was Yasaka Xtend PO, but it´s discontinued.
If it helps anyone, the best horizontal SP in my opinion is Friendship 802 Mystery III with 35° sponge.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 4:34pm
What is it you are looking to change/improve on from your TSP Spectol Blue?

What others have you tried and what did you like/dislike about them?

Of the ones on your list I have tried Hexer Pips Force, which is a fairly typical ESN spinny type pips, softer feeling with shorter conical pips. For what it's worth, I have tried it in both horizontal and vertical pip alignment and there was not really any discernible difference.

The Nittaku Sonic AR is fairly similar to Spectol Blue, slightly harder top sheet and very slightly harder sponge on the sheet I had. Possibly a bit better for hitting, but I found it harder to control in the short game and not as good at varying spin, but if you are looking for something for powerful hitting it could work.

Edited by Sedis - 09/12/2020 at 3:36am
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 9:47pm
Nittaku Beautry
Butterfly Impartial XB

Edited by nathanso - 09/11/2020 at 9:53pm
BBC, SP, LP
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I am quite the opposite: never liked vertical pips. The only vertical I could play with was Yasaka Xtend PO, but it´s discontinued.
If it helps anyone, the best horizontal SP in my opinion is Friendship 802 Mystery III with 35° sponge.

Where do.you get 35 sponge?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 3:01pm

How do  you get 35dg sponge?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2020 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Aliexpress has it.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 12:35am

Aliexpress has it.

Do you  mean gold palm trading 35deg? I havent found any site that sells, Do you assemble your pips?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2020 at 7:37am

Aliexpress has it.

Do you  mean gold palm trading 35deg? I havent found any site that sells, Do you assemble your pips?

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2020 at 1:32am

Aliexpress has it.

I have that version but its hard and dead
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

What is it you are looking to change/improve on from your TSP Spectol Blue?

What others have you tried and what did you like/dislike about them?

Of the ones on your list I have tried Hexer Pips Force, which is a fairly typical ESN spinny type pips, softer feeling with shorter conical pips. For what it's worth, I have tried it in both horizontal and vertical pip alignment and there was not really any discernible difference.

The Nittaku Sonic AR is fairly similar to Spectol Blue, slightly harder top sheet and very slightly harder sponge on the sheet I had. Possibly a bit better for hitting, but I found it harder to control in the short game and not as good at varying spin, but if you are looking for something for powerful hitting it could work.

I think I'm interested in better counter hitting. I'm looking for harder and bouncier sponge.

I've tried and liked 729 Legend. My SP FH for a long time was Andro Blowfish+.
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 2:34am
If you want a harder sponge then Chinese rubbers ar probably the way to go, I'm not sure many are necessarily going to be bouncier though.

One that I have tried that might work is Spinlord Wyvern, which is a made in China rubber from a German company. The sponge is typically 2 or 3 degrees harder than Spectol Blue by my measurements (Shore O), although the pips are horizontal. 
I found it really good for hitting on a harder, stiffer blade.

Edited by Sedis - 09/26/2020 at 3:12am
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 1:15pm

I think I'm interested in better counter hitting. I'm looking for harder and bouncier sponge.
Butterfly has some hard-sponged and very bouncy short pips.
Flarestorm II is one of them. Impartial XB is also very bouncy but has a softer sponge.
However, every BTY SP I´ve tried had a big issue: durability. They all play wonderfully for 2 months then become dead. The decrease of performance is very noticeable. 
This is why I prefer chinese SP like F´ship 802. It´s not bouncy at all but lasts a lifetime and gives much better control overall. Of course it´s not as fast as tensioned SP but it´s not necessary for a penhold style with SP. I still play it for fun sometimes.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 10:52pm

Butterfly has some hard-sponged and very bouncy short pips.
Flarestorm II is one of them. Impartial XB is also very bouncy but has a softer sponge.
However, every BTY SP I´ve tried had a big issue: durability. They all play wonderfully for 2 months then become dead. The decrease of performance is very noticeable. 
This is why I prefer chinese SP like F´ship 802. It´s not bouncy at all but lasts a lifetime and gives much better control overall. Of course it´s not as fast as tensioned SP but it´s not necessary for a penhold style with SP. I still play it for fun sometimes.

I agree my first flare2 sheet was second hand and boosted played great for  4 months more  some pips broke but the last sheet I bought went dead after 2 months unplayable even boosted..very unlikely I will buy another bty pip..

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/26/2020 at 10:54pm
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2020 at 12:20am
Hi guys - made a slice of last part of my 4  minutes training session with short pips (Traditional Chinese Penhold) and seems to me that pimples Yinhe Uranus Poly are really powerful:

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 1:16pm
Ok...here are 2 things about your list and preference:

Victas 103 is not a powerful short pips at all.  This is an all-around SP that is ok for an all-around game, but is definitely not a powerful SP for the FH.  I should know, I've tried many SPs including 103.  Victas 101 is not a good SP for the FH.  It's definitely more of a sinking effect rubber for your opponents, but it's also more difficult to attack with.  
Vertically aligned SPs are definitely more weird and more difficult for your opponents, but they are also more difficult to attack with and control.  Victas 102 was one of my favorite SPs.  It's fast, spinny for a SP, and has a crack-like sound when you hit with it.  My friend uses Firestorm and really likes this SP.  I believe the pips are horizontally aligned.  He used to play with it in 1.8, but he has a slower blade now and uses Firestorm in 2.1 and loves it.
BTY Impartial XS is a spinny SP, but the sponge is a little softer and it doesn't have that sound like Victas 102.  I tried playing with it but it was nothing special IMO.
I'm guessing the Tornado Extreme might be a good SP but I haven't used it. Might be worth a try.  Firestorm and 102 are definitely powerful SPs that are worth a try.
Best of luck
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic