FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adam Bobrov vs World no.8 Cheng I-Ching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Yeah. That has been quoted around quite a lot. I suspect Adam's YouTube channel generates a lot more income than most pro players. I personally really like all of his videos :)
He before all respects a social contract where he is all 100% clean. He surfs a wave in the most respectable way, he has the right to do so as any human being but I have a hard time when I see superstars submitting to his level for exposure and he brags about it, it is just not fun, it's all about him and I want more from the people he is with, that's where his stance is sick and a waste of time.

You've nailed why I found quite a few of his videos to be cringe.....just comes off as a self centred showoff....

they would be even more "cringe" if he put some of these pro players front and center and gave them the stage...trust me on that

Hmm I don't think so, if you look at Dan from TableTennisDaily who interviews and plays the pros, he comes off as a lot more genuine and way less cringe. Same for the Pongfinity guys who's probably raking in even more than Adam. Both are also much better players than Adam lol... 

What videos have Dan or Pongfinity done in which they are featuring the personalities of pro players center stage? I am not aware of any. Sponsored equipment reviews do not count. When Adam's niche seems to be the Asian pros that do not speak English or have much to offer entertainment-wise outside of table tennis, the options are limited. 

How much Adam makes or his playing level is kind of a random mention here, not sure what that has to do with anything I said. Clearly you have your mind made up and I'm not going to try to change it but I just find it odd that nobody ever expresses concerns for how pros are compensated for appearing in TTDaily equipment reviews, or calls pongfinity showoffs or self-promoters when the entire purpose of their channel is to go viral on social media by trying an over-the-top trickshot until it works and gets caught on video..makes you think.

Edited by idk - 10/20/2020 at 4:38pm
Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2020 at 5:30pm

Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Yeah. That has been quoted around quite a lot. I suspect Adam's YouTube channel generates a lot more income than most pro players. I personally really like all of his videos :)
He before all respects a social contract where he is all 100% clean. He surfs a wave in the most respectable way, he has the right to do so as any human being but I have a hard time when I see superstars submitting to his level for exposure and he brags about it, it is just not fun, it's all about him and I want more from the people he is with, that's where his stance is sick and a waste of time.

You've nailed why I found quite a few of his videos to be cringe.....just comes off as a self centred showoff....

they would be even more "cringe" if he put some of these pro players front and center and gave them the stage...trust me on that

Hmm I don't think so, if you look at Dan from TableTennisDaily who interviews and plays the pros, he comes off as a lot more genuine and way less cringe. Same for the Pongfinity guys who's probably raking in even more than Adam. Both are also much better players than Adam lol... 

What videos have Dan or Pongfinity done in which they are featuring the personalities of pro players center stage? I am not aware of any. Sponsored equipment reviews do not count. When Adam's niche seems to be the Asian pros that do not speak English or have much to offer entertainment-wise outside of table tennis, the options are limited. 

How much Adam makes or his playing level is kind of a random mention here, not sure what that has to do with anything I said. Clearly you have your mind made up and I'm not going to try to change it but I just find it odd that nobody ever expresses concerns for how pros are compensated for appearing in TTDaily equipment reviews, or calls pongfinity showoffs or self-promoters when the entire purpose of their channel is to go viral on social media by trying an over-the-top trickshot until it works and gets caught on video..makes you think.

I'm fairly sure that TTD equipment reviews are sponsored hence the pros doing the reviewing will get a cut, like when they wear their sponsored T-shirts and use sponsored equipment....

Pongfinity with their trick shots, they're not showoffs at the expense of other people, but rather doing them just by themselves which is way cooler compared to Adam who wants to show how cool he is at the expense of other people aka "lul fooled you again with my snake" while editing out all the misses he did and points he lost... 

Adam just comes off as a lot cringier than the other 2 imo (but it's just my personal opinion).... 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2020 at 8:45pm
I don't  personally like his videos at all but some people do and it's not worth having a flame war about it.  I'm not a big fan of how he called matches either but somebody has to do it.  If pro players agree to be part of his act that's their business.   Maybe some politely decline?
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2020 at 9:16pm
I personally like his videos, so my response is likely bias. But he is doing what's needed in his own way to help table tennis grow. He has a really extravagant personality and I don't think that's bad at all. Being able to bring out the personalities of a lot of the pro players, many of whom can't speak much English at all is a skill that he excels at. Put many other people in his position to try and make a better video and I think 99% will fail. His videos are made to appeal to the masses, while still exposing them to the top players, how well they can play, and what table tennis is about: having fun!

Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I do not want to play in a club where you play because you are carrying so much negative energy.
Good luck to you and go to hell too, we shall meet over there, you are such a loser Vince, please, loose yourself! :)

How is this an acceptable post from an assistant admin?

Sorry about this. I will work to resolve this.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2020 at 2:01pm
A fresh one Smile

Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Simas Simas wrote:

A fresh one Smile

"I called Jiaqi less than a day before this match asking her to play...she was feeling low energy and a bit unwell that day, but she still played with me because she's super nice and a good friend. She already asked to play again"

Sounds like another one got taken hostage by Adam!
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I don't  personally like his videos at all but some people do and it's not worth having a flame war about it.  I'm not a big fan of how he called matches either but somebody has to do it.  If pro players agree to be part of his act that's their business.   Maybe some politely decline?

Apart from one post on this thread I don't think anything qualified as a flame war? Perhaps just some difference in opinion on what defines showing off or making a fool out of guests in your videos, or fake concerns for the financial compensation that pro players receive for taking part in his videos. I am sure there is a mix of Adam reaching out and being accepted or declined, and some mix of pro players reaching out as well. Why people want to jump up to "protect" the pro players who appear in his videos by their own choice, I don't know. 
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 1:01am
Mytt lessons
 try to argue about imaginary wages
just say pie in the sky dollar amounts then argue about that
learn how to copy and paste the other copied and pasted quotes...............etc
bring up old sh/t to get revenge and stir old feuds
forget about the fun game on YouTube
forget seeing some different cultures
Don't look at the high level players having fun

Everyone knows Adam is going far back and does his thing, 
don't watch if don't like it
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 1:32am

Sounds like another one got taken hostage by Adam!

Stockholm Syndrome.  You're coming around.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 8:02pm

Just to be clear, vince is a buddy forever, we just have sparks for various reasons and one of them is I think both of us think they are better at tt than the other, come on!!! what planet does he live on?

This being said, I reacted partially because we had a tofu (vegan joke) with him a while ago when he reminded everybody my mistake with heavyspin, he didn't have to do it, he did, we had a clash.

Fast forward a few weeks and he quotes from his email a number of minutes after I edited my inappropriate way to qualify Bobrow, he knew what he was doing and his excuse to write his post unbeknownst of my edit does not stand given his experience on the tt forums. 

So I went off again. Should I have controlled myself because I am an assistant admin and I need to respect the spirit of the forum? sure! should I do so even if a buddy pokes at me again and again? I am not so sure and you people know it can go off pretty quickly when something unfair happens in between tt buddies, why would anybody take a side here? "he does a lot for table tennis." WHAAAAT? is that a passport to come here and nibble my ass again and again? I answer no. What do you answer?

I renew my friendship to vince here, he is indeed good for tt and I don't care if he is only to get a free membership at the club and plays his little king role at the league (a lot of good people including myself could be just like that in the same position), it's good for him and the club because it's sustainable and produces good results, people play more and get better, he is a part of it and mts is right (even if I think he is an hyppocrite or just took a side without thinking much, I forgive him because his advancing age LOL).

My role here is not much other than supporting alexli and the members in any way I can, hopefully bringing new ideas every once in a while and above all killing the scum, chasing the rot away, keeping the bullshit factor as low as possible. I want to count without walking on anybody's head but I will not let anybody walk on my head for the sake of my job here.

We have a new policy where no mod, no 1/2 admin can delete anything, we can hide that's it and that's a plus that haggisv, baal and nl brought a few weeks ago so somehow vince brought a plus to the forum, good for him.

My mistake may have been to not have proposed vince as a mod when 2 spots opened and I was not a good friend to him then and I am sorry about that, I just thought nl and mickd were overdue for a long time but vince was next on my list; yes, he is that good and I trust him.

I'll respond to the first subject. I live on planet earth and based off of factual verified evidence I'm obviously the far superior player between the 2 middle aged players. LOL

https://usatt.simplycompete.com/t/hh?p1=5294&p2=12818

ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 8:50pm

Where is the match where you broke your paddle on your lap out of rage and you threw away the 2 pieces in the garbage? I still have a picture of that handle somewhere. And what about the match where tommyzai taped us and at the end you pointed your index finger at me saying "DON'T YOU POST THAT ON THE FORUM!", which I never did. I also remember a 3-0 win an afternoon where I took you down and a couple 2000 in row and you said "He is on fire today." LOL

ALL GOOD!

I expect to lose you more often because you play every day and I don't but my intelligence of the game remains so vastly superior. OK I am getting full of it now j/k of course Big smile.
Lol. I’ve broken more than one paddle in the last years. I even had one break in mid swing during a rally
ustabletennisresults.com
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 10:40pm

Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Lol. I’ve broken more than one paddle in the last years. I even had one break in mid swing during a rally
What do you think it says about you when you break a paddle out of rage after losing somebody you think inferior? what does it say about you when you openly share that it happened multiple times?
We are very similar in many ways, we just let go of our steam differently.
Actually I don’t know if I thought of a player as inferior. I think the times I’ve broken a blade after the match was because I just played bad didn’t matter who the opponent was. It’s been a while since I’ve intentionally broke one. Last break was when handle broke on a swing.
ustabletennisresults.com
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2020 at 9:24am

What do you think it says about you when you break a paddle out of rage after losing somebody you think inferior? what does it say about you when you openly share that it happened multiple times?
We are very similar in many ways, we just let go of our steam differently.
Actually I don’t know if I thought of a player as inferior. I think the times I’ve broken a blade after the match was because I just played bad didn’t matter who the opponent was. It’s been a while since I’ve intentionally broke one. Last break was when handle broke on a swing.

There's obviously only one way to resolve this:

TOURNAMENT

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2020 at 9:54pm

I meant not to answer but I will anyway. The fact she is your friend possibly encourages you to support anybody she likes, fine.

I am not sure about that scene in the middle of a world pandemic... your friends are unsafe and subliminally encourage other to be the same. I do not go to the club because I have a family and coworkers and I can't afford to take a risk for myself as by doing so I make other people take it as well.

With so many listeners and so much experience exposing themselves and time to edit and review the video before publishing, what degree of awareness do we observe here? If Bobrow lets such silly mistakes happen as a high level ITTF figure, how many ordinary people will do the same or worst? Silly mistakes that could end up with people dying btw but we'll never know.

Yes, he took more people hostage, I am not talking about Jiaqi but all the people who will spread covid spiting their oral mucus on their paddle at the club when it has been said again and again that it's a blowing no-no.

It always gives me the cringe when people do that so I thought I would feed 2 birds with one scone (vegan joke LOL).

The "friend" quote was from Adam, he said it in the video. Not me.

Anyways,  before you had said that Adam takes the pro players hostage to get attention from their fame, and now that that was thoroughly disproven you are saying that he is taking people in his path hostage by putting them at risk for COVID? I've never seen goalposts shift like that lol

They are playing in a massive private playing hall, and it is just them. This is also filmed not in the US but in Taiwan, where COVID has essentially been eradicated. So how are "my friends" being unsafe and encouraging others to do so? You are reaching so hard here to hate, man, for no reason.

Edited by idk - 10/24/2020 at 9:54pm
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2020 at 10:20pm

We are global today, people watching these videos will think that's the way to do things, do I really have to explain that? I am not THAT unaware but I can at least see that and you can't, sorry, I am done with you, thanks for helping me being good again with vince, you were a good bridge for that, I owe you a beer or 2 when you stop by Seattle.

Can't say I did much there but cheers Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic