Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading to heavier blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading to heavier blade
    Posted: 10/22/2020 at 5:15am
Hi all,

I'm currently using a 92g TB Spirit with Tenergy 05 and fairly light short pips.
Sometimes I feel I could do with more head heaviness to support my looping/aggressive forehands.

Would getting a faster TBS, let's say 96-97g, be perhaps more useful? Would the difference in momentum, power and stability be increased to any reasonably significant extent?
Sponsored Links

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2020 at 3:26pm
Probably not. 92g is already quite heavy. A few more grams isn't going to make a big difference unless your technique is perfect and you are already optimally transferring power to the ball.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 2:50am
Heavier blades will make you slower....the extra power is sometimes not worth getting slow hands...you gotta strike a decent balance.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 7:32am
92g is a good weight and TBS is a fine blade TBH Thumbs Up might be better maybe working on transfering your weight better on shots to get that extra zip so you can keep recovery to a nice level. Did you have an overall weight for the blade with the rubbers on btw?

I don't know too many people who can play with a super heavy setup close to the table because of recovery issues. Like Blah says keeping a good blade balance is key. Having said that you are using a lighter pip....

Edited by ghostzen - 10/23/2020 at 9:59am
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 8:45am
I agree 92g is heavy enough. Maybe you should change the ALC blade for a ZLC one.
I used to play with a 88g Viscaria and decided to get a heavier blade. But I also changed to ZLC, now I use a 93g ZLC, it´s more powerful than ALC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic