Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Ping Pong Paddle under 100?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Ping Pong Paddle under 100?
    Posted: 10/28/2020 at 4:48pm
Talk to Cole at colestt.com or Tom at zeropong.com.  
Sponsored Links

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Talk to Cole at colestt.com or Tom at zeropong.com.  

ditto

Edited by tuco - 10/28/2020 at 6:29pm
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2020 at 9:59am
it's quite easy, actually... Go to tabletennis11, select Clearance.  

Rubbers (30-35 dollars each): 
   Xiom Omega V Pro
   Xiom Omega IV Euro
   Stiga Genesis S
   Stiga Genesis M

Now blades (pick something in the 25-35 dollar range, sort by price):
  Too many to list.

Have them assemble.

Done.
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2020 at 12:35pm
at tt11. there is stiga clipper for 46 . then get 2 dhs hurricane neo 20$ each
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2020 at 1:51pm
I think that finding out the players style is important prior to recommending equipment.  That's why I suggested he talk to Cole or Tom before making a purchase.
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2020 at 4:52pm
Check-out the Sanwei M8 blade... This'll cost you less than $8 ... Then you can select any of the following rubbers

• Friendship/729 Focus II Snipe
  • Palio AK-47 Blue
  • Palio AK-47 Yellow
  • Sanwei Target T88 iii (Infact you may get the above blade with this rubber as a pre-assembled)
The total cost of this setup would be less than $30. So, you could buy 2 Sanwei M8 blades, with different combination of rubbers, and you'd still have around $40 to spare.. 

Don't just take my word on the above recommendations .... read-up on blade & rubbers...

Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2020 at 8:05pm
lf you are a beginner, get something even cheaper, and save the money towards a setup that'll actually fit your style..once you find out what that is, if money is an issue.

YoranMazer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoranMazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 10:56am
I don't even know KMart even exists, but they used to have what is called Blue Light Specials and I have seen paddles for like 50 cents.

If you have proper technique, you can basically play with any paddle. In fact a professional player can beat even a 2000  player using a shoe or book. 

In fact I know of a 2400 player who used to play with a very small paddle to improve his accuracy against even 1900 players and beat them.

If you are good, what paddle you use absolutely does not matter at all.  Don't worry about most of the posters in this forum who are crazy obsessed with what a professional player uses and truly believe the only reason the are not very good players yet is because they cannot find the exact replica of the racket the professional uses.    

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoranMazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

lf you are a beginner, get something even cheaper, and save the money towards a setup that'll actually fit your style..once you find out what that is, if money is an issue.

This is icorrect. If you are a good player you can play any style. That is what hardbat and sandpaper players do. All these expensive rackets etc are just a conspiracy by manufacturers to rob you blind.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by YoranMazer YoranMazer wrote:

I don't even know KMart even exists, but they used to have what is called Blue Light Specials and I have seen paddles for like 50 cents.

If you have proper technique, you can basically play with any paddle. In fact a professional player can beat even a 2000  player using a shoe or book. 

In fact I know of a 2400 player who used to play with a very small paddle to improve his accuracy against even 1900 players and beat them.

If you are good, what paddle you use absolutely does not matter at all.  Don't worry about most of the posters in this forum who are crazy obsessed with what a professional player uses and truly believe the only reason the are not very good players yet is because they cannot find the exact replica of the racket the professional uses.      

What do YOU play with?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 11:59am
In addition to Cole at colestt.com or Tom at zeropong.com I would research tabletennis11.com and princett.com. tt11 (located in Estonia) ships in about 1 week, while princett (HongKong) takes about 2-3 weeks. tt11 also has a blog with some good articles on things. I would start with a no carbon 5-ply or 7-ply blade. 5-ply is for looping, 7-ply is a bit stiffer for at the table play. The blades reviewed at
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/some-new-2015-yinhe-blades_topic73121.html
are available at princett for $29 (Yinhe Pro 5W, 5-ply walnut top) and $26 (Yinhe 437 7-ply Limba top). As for rubbers, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (sticky surface) is $17.50, and Yinhe Sun or Moon are around $12/sheet (they are non-sticky so more like a Nittaku FastArc G-1). For short pips I just tried the Yinhe Uranus Pro and it is actually very good (I tried medium 2.15mm, it's also available thinner at 1.8mm). Comparable to Yasaka Rakza PO or Nittaku Moristo SP (AX or non-AX). Also you can get carbon-containing blades at princett for anywhere from $30-$50 but you really need to know what you are ordering, there are so many options. I would say the "external structure" blades are too fast for beginners, and the "innerforce" structures (with Koto outer which seems to be the rage these days) are also too fast.
Note that the Sanwei Fextra for $20 (princett) or $35-faster delivery (Megaspin) is also a very good 7-ply blade but faster than the Yinhe 437 due to 2x Limba instead of Limba/Ayous top layers. It has a thicker handle than the usual Yinhe blades.

Edited by ejprinz - 11/02/2020 at 12:14pm
Yinhe 980XX, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Nittaku Wallest 1.0mm sponge.
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 12:09pm

that's a bit too much LOL
I'm sure a 2000 player can beat ma long if he was using a book or a shoe.
but yeah... ma long with a primorac and 2 sriver will beat any 2000 player.

you can get the same equipment used by many pros with 100 usd.
tt is a cheap sport.
for example:
2x donic bluefire m1
dhs pg7
total = 85 USD

not sure why people are suggesting friendship, palio, sanwei.
that's more for a total budget of 50$

Edited by astaroyd - 11/02/2020 at 12:23pm
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoranMazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

What do YOU play with?

I played in few tournaments then I got frustrated because players kept asking me to see my racket. I think it  is private and again if you are a good player you should not have to obsess about what your opponents uses.  
Then I also had some players started to say the ball was coming funny & so I have to be using pimples. 
  Also in many tournaments players were boosting & regluing right in the hall & I started to get sick from the smell.   Many of these same players also started to complain that I was using a racket with red rubber both sides. But I tried to explain to them that this is not a professional tournament or something but they complained to referee & I left 
So I quit playing in tournaments years ag as I was sick of all  this drama. I don't play even in clubs anymore

Edited by YoranMazer - 11/02/2020 at 4:49pm
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2020 at 4:58pm
Guess who's back?
Aman1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2020 at 12:32am

PRO SPECIAL SHAKEHAND: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Mark V from Paddle Palace for $104.95

BTY TBS
FH Tibhar Evolution FX-P
BH Donic Bluefire M3

Aman1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2020 at 12:34am
But you can't go wrong with :
Cole at colestt.com or Tom at zeropong.com.  
You'll get a great setup for about $50.
BTY TBS
FH Tibhar Evolution FX-P
BH Donic Bluefire M3

Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2020 at 8:44pm

Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

This is icorrect. If you are a good player you can play any style. That is what hardbat and sandpaper players do. All these expensive rackets etc are just a conspiracy by manufacturers to rob you blind.

You could play any style...but do you want to?

I want to enjoy my play, and play a certain style..and win with that style. Some equipment and choices can influence the success in implementing this, immensely.

Not everything is a conspiracy. That's just simple marketing. I agree for people that don't know what they want, or don't know what they are buying, marketing is immensely effective as it will result in people experimenting.

I am going to keep playing with what I've got, because I think it's definitely good enough, and the limiting factor in how well the set up plays, is now definitely on me.

At certain times in the past, my level has jumped considerably upon changing equipment, because it did not suit how i hit the ball. 

Of course, Ma Long would be able to adjust to any equipment more easily, but technical issues take time to address, and whilst almost all equipment suit good technique, some equipment suits good technique + certain types of decent technique / different shot making.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2020 at 11:11pm
In my day, when a bot posted an advertisement for their click-bait disguised as a website, we removed the post and banned the bot account.

Have the bots gotten smarter, or have posters here started to mistake bots for people?

Here's a big clue- it's an affiliate marketing link - if you look at the site that he hotlinked to, you'll notice this at the bottom:
"© 2020 Ping Pong Buzz is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com."
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2020 at 4:56am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

In my day, when a bot posted an advertisement for their click-bait disguised as a website, we removed the post and banned the bot account.

Yep, and we still do, thanks icontek! Wink

Edited by haggisv - 11/08/2020 at 4:57am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Johncker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johncker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2023 at 2:28am
There are many great ping pong paddles available under $100, but here are three options that are highly rated by players:
STIGA Pro Carbon Table Tennis Racket - This paddle features a carbon technology that provides a high level of control and speed, and it's great for players who want to improve their game. It's priced at around $75.
Killerspin Jet200 Table Tennis Paddle - This is a great option for beginners and intermediate players who want a paddle with good speed and spin. It's priced at around $35.
Butterfly 401 Table Tennis Racket - This paddle is designed for recreational players and provides good control and spin. It's priced at around $36.
Overall, it's important to consider your skill level and playing style when choosing a ping pong paddle, as well as the materials and construction of the paddle.

Edited by Johncker - 05/01/2023 at 9:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic