Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

last 3 blades u bought

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: last 3 blades u bought
    Posted: 11/27/2020 at 10:34am
-when was it
-what lead you to it
-are you still using the blade

Edited by astaroyd - 11/27/2020 at 10:38am
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2020 at 11:02am
Many years ago...can't remember...
1) These are the 3.
- Dr Neubauer Hercule, Anatomic.
- Donic Waldner Offensive 40, Anatomic.
- Darker Speed 90 Jpen w/bonus - sheet of new Butterfly T80.
2) What led me to buy these 3?
- Always curious about Dr. NeuBauer Hercules - so beautiful & excellent quality.
- Affordability & discontinuity of Donic Waldner Off 40. It is high quality to me & also its comfortable handle
- Always wanna own/play w/ DS 90 Jpen & its high quality is just astonishing.
3) Do I still play w/ these 3?
- Nah....no chance or never get around to play any of the above...
Doh, why so, bxtch?
Because OSP Virtuoso - & Virtuoso Plus Anatomic have been winning my heart & keeping me stunned, happy & busy.
These are just my honest thoughts.
LOL?

Edited by tiehwen - 11/28/2020 at 11:34am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2020 at 2:42pm
Violin ST 92gr, MJ old model ST 93gr, Apolonia FL 88gr. The 3 that I will never sell (I think).
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2020 at 11:29pm
Avalox P500 
1 Year Ago
I missed my Virtuoso but wanted something that had a harder top ply for the plastic ball. This blade does not disappoint. I have to be on my game to play this blade well, but it rewards aggressive play. If you want to try and flick and loop everything early, this does not disappoint. Unless your footwork fails.
I play with this every week

OSP Ultimate2
3 Years ago
I wanted the power of the C555 with a better handle and a more woody feel. It has a low gear and a high gear. It is a very, very good blade. Touch shots, hitting from close and looping from mid distance are what it does well.
I play with this every week. 

Avalox C555
4 Years ago
I wanted a blade for the plastic ball and wasn't happy with my Virtuoso or the Virtuoso+ as an OFF- blade for looping and touch shots. I was told that C555 carbon was perfect for the plastic ball. They were right. It was very linear and stable. It blocked and hit better than anything I had played with, but still looped well and had good touch.
I am not using it anymore because I did not like the handle wings; uncomfortable.

Edited by icontek - 11/28/2020 at 12:50am
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 5:55am
Innerforce layer ALC 98g 4/19: purchased from amazon.jp because with import fees it was still £20 cheaper than teessport. It was between this and a HL5 as I wanted an inner ALC but was worried about the HL5 splintering. My main blade ever since. Love this boy but sometimes a bit fast. I was worried about blocks and punches and backhand control coming from an acoustic but there was never a need to worry. It's amazing

Nittaku Miyabi Jan/Feb: wanted a hinoki blade since forever as shakehand as for a penhold I never want anything else when I used to play penholder and also love my hinoki outer blades. Amazing spin, good blocks but too thick on the short game for me.

Loki red flame (7ply with rosewood outer): bought as an experiment and also to see my play with Chinese equipment again (used to only use Chinese rubber, even once h3 FH tg3 by) worked really well, good speed and controlz was paired with battle 2 blue sponge and focus snipe 3 bh. 
Worked really well, backhand was very competitive with the control of focus snipe and the powerful punches from rosewood. Forehand was powerful as hell but the difficulty of producing spin compared to inneracl and tensors made it harder to open up and place the ball wider while the power was nice actually people found blocking easier. 

Next equipment to buy: I want to try the HL5 or 5x but probably not. As apparently it's a little slower and also I want to get a blade that supports the best player ever! I suspect it will make no difference at all to my game.

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 9:02am
Last 3...
- Tibhar Fortino Pro
- Butterfly Harimoto ALC
- W968 National 2016 Edition
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Last 3...
- Tibhar Fortino Pro
- Butterfly Harimoto ALC

- What are the reasons or what led you to buy these 3?
- Do you still play with these?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 11:22am
Butterfly Hadraw SR 100 grams FL - because I like the craftsmanship. It is also solid blade.

STIGA DynaPower Master 102 grams - I was curious about this model and I found it, at least.
It is 9 (nine) ply blade, one of the rarest and hard to find editions among the old STIGA blades.
Very spiny, very hard and good catapult offensive blade. I will probably like more the LEGEND handle, which is slightly bigger, but today is very hard to find this old model. Many people think that Dynapower is something like STIGA Clipper - no, it's not. Dynapower is more harder and with completely different playing skills and sense.

Cor Du Buy Hinoki 9mm 100 grams - because I am in love with Cor Du Buy blades and it is always happiness to find a blade by the forgotten master of the old handmade blades. Each blade made by this person is a kind of art. Only people with passion to old blades could understand that. I usually know very well the model Bert van der Helm which handles are on this hinoki wood, but never supposed there is a chance this model to have also 9mm hinoki wood version. Unbelievable. And that blade has cool catapult, control and wonderful sense. Combined with the huge playing surface I think there is not any possibility for replacement. 1 of million is that blade. I am not sure if it is made by request or just some experimental piece, but it is fact that hinoki blade is made by the greatest masters of the individual professional blades all time and now it is in my hands!
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 2:51pm
 Viscaria in 2017
Just because you can never have enough viscarias 
Never used it

Carbonado 90 in 2018
Wanted to have something with more dwell time than the viscaria I was using at that time. And I got it for a really cheap price.
Not using it anymore

Innerforce ALC in 2019
I liked the feeling of the Carbonado, but was afraid it would splinter like many stiga blades. Since it costs 150 new and I didn’t think it was worth that much, I decided to buy an alternative with better quality. And I also didn’t like the throw angle of the Carbonado 90

Still using it.

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 9:12pm
I'll make it short: first, I tried to go carbon yet again with dhs 301, but that blade was a bit too fast and not powerful with the low weight it had. Next I wanted to try another thin 7ply koto outer, found fang no b1, was quite good but a bit too soft, not as controlled at high impact as my Powerplay. Lastly I did the sensible thing and bought another Powerplay as a spare. Playing it for almost 2 years and haven't found anything better yet.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Butterfly Hadraw SR 100 grams FL - because I like the craftsmanship. It is also solid blade.

STIGA DynaPower Master 102 grams - I was curious about this model and I found it, at least.
It is 9 (nine) ply blade, one of the rarest and hard to find editions among the old STIGA blades.
Very spiny, very hard and good catapult offensive blade. I will probably like more the LEGEND handle, which is slightly bigger, but today is very hard to find this old model. Many people think that Dynapower is something like STIGA Clipper - no, it's not. Dynapower is more harder and with completely different playing skills and sense.

Cor Du Buy Hinoki 9mm 100 grams - because I am in love with Cor Du Buy blades and it is always happiness to find a blade by the forgotten master of the old handmade blades. Each blade made by this person is a kind of art. Only people with passion to old blades could understand that. I usually know very well the model Bert van der Helm which handles are on this hinoki wood, but never supposed there is a chance this model to have also 9mm hinoki wood version. Unbelievable. And that blade has cool catapult, control and wonderful sense. Combined with the huge playing surface I think there is not any possibility for replacement. 1 of million is that blade. I am not sure if it is made by request or just some experimental piece, but it is fact that hinoki blade is made by the greatest masters of the individual professional blades all time and now it is in my hands!

Cue dubuy blades? Never heard that brand? French company?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 3:55am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Cue dubuy blades? Never heard that brand? French company?

No, he is from Netherlands and died several years ago. All his life he made custom bats for professional players. I still have some of them. This B.v.d.Helm hinoki is just amazing!

Edited by kolevtt - 11/29/2020 at 4:00am
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 4:19am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Last 3...
- Tibhar Fortino Pro
- Butterfly Harimoto ALC

The Fortino Pro: I collect all blades that Samsonov plays/has played with. Kind of a hobby. I was also interested in testing the Dyneema carbon fabric. It is a VERY fast blade but great for block and drive. Unless you are very high level (2400+) it does not pair well with very fast rubbers IMO. I tried it with MX-P and Joola AGR and with the AGR it become a rocket launcher.

Butterfly Harimoto ALC: I always liked inner-fiber blades but the IF ALC was too slow for me. The Harimoto ALC is IMO the best IF blade that Butterfly has made today and its fantastic for a two-winged looping play style. Lots of spin, lots of control without being slow. 

W968: Always wanted the Ma Long setup. Had the opportunity to buy it from a trusted source and got the H3N Nationals on both sides, boosted with Seamon. It's ultimately not for me coz I don't work hard enough to utilize chinese rubbers effectively but it was great to compare the W968 to the HL5 and see just how different they are. Literally don't play like the same blade.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 4:44am

Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Last 3...
- Tibhar Fortino Pro
- Butterfly Harimoto ALC

W968: Always wanted the Ma Long setup. Had the opportunity to buy it from a trusted source and got the H3N Nationals on both sides, boosted with Seamon. It's ultimately not for me coz I don't work hard enough to utilize chinese rubbers effectively but it was great to compare the W968 to the HL5 and see just how different they are. Literally don't play like the same blade.

Can you elaborate on the difference?

Edited by Fabian1890 - 11/29/2020 at 4:44am
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 5:43am
The HL5 has quite a distinct "hollow" feel to it. A lot of people liken this to a "cheap" feel. Regardless of that, the sound and feedback is quite different. The biggest difference is how the blade responds while playing. One of the worst attributes for me with the HL5 was the lack of predictability - the blade had another, entirely different, gear on hard hits which - for me - led to a lot of balls in rallys going long because i couldnt control them. 

Overall the W968 is significantly more linear in its speed/power, has a more solid, dwelly feel to it and obviously the balance point is different due to the headsize (larger). For me, it excelled in loops and is probably the best mid-distance looping blade that I've tried. Great speed, really good spin production and superb feel. In addition, there's certainly also the intangible of looking at the W968 serial number, remembering that this blade won more World Championships and Olympic title than any other in recent years.

Is it worth the price difference? I don't know, depends how you look at it.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 6:30am
Viscaria in 2017
This above statement shows just how smart our forum members are!

Lastly I did the sensible thing and . . .
I'm sorry but this sentiment is not available and not allowed.

Thanks.

Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 7:58am
The last 4 blades I bought were all Viscaria blades from China. 
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 10:41am
A new Kreanga ULC FL for the collection
A DHS 968 national n°1 for testing
A custom goriki from Gerry Yu as back up blade

Edited by kakapo - 11/29/2020 at 10:42am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2020 at 10:42am
[I also bought a Nittaku rutis, first series FL 

Edited by kakapo - 11/29/2020 at 10:44am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2020 at 9:07am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Viscaria in 2017
This above statement shows just how smart our forum members are!

Lastly I did the sensible thing and . . .
I'm sorry but this sentiment is not available and not allowed.

Thanks.

LOL take the statement with a grain of saltWink
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2020 at 1:14am
1: another custom made zlc  to test rubbers and train with the robot
2: harimoto super zlc never played with and traded for a golden tag Viscaria 
3: Nittaku Mima Ito carbon st 

Edited by Robin.w - 12/03/2020 at 12:01pm
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 2:13am
Haven't bought any in 2020, but the last three blades I tested were the Tibhar Shang Kun Hybrid ZC, the Yasaka Falck Carbon, and the Andro Kanter CO OFF.

The three blades I tested in 2020 and liked the best were the Andro Gauzy SL, Stiga Legacy Carbon, and Stiga Carbonado 45. 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
trumpet_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trumpet_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 2:32am
Nittaku Septear (Blade feels heavier than I hoped it would).
Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC (Beautiful)
SDC zlc inner blade — the one the scammer didn’t buy (Beautiful workmanship)

windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2020 at 7:08am
BTY Omar Assad FL Exlarge Handle, 99 grams
Stiga Legacy Carbon FL, not sure about weight yet and it was one sale from Dandoy
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
wiktor145 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiktor145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2020 at 3:45pm
* Yinhe V14 Pro
I wanted a Viscaria, but it was a bit too expensive and I concluded that I would probably could not feel the difference.
I played it twice, it is great blade.
* Yinhe J1 JPEN
I wanted JPEN blade so much :D 
It is probably the most fun to play blade that I have.
* XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm
I wanted cheap good blade for Superblock, and I think it is :)

Edited by wiktor145 - 12/06/2020 at 3:54pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2020 at 7:24pm
1. Harimoto Innerforce Super ZLC!

Looking forward to buying another one.  The blade is so good with Dignics 05
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2020 at 10:35pm
The friend bought my harimoto Szlc like it a lot.  Boosted H3 Neo blue sponge make a 1800 beat up bunch of 2100s easily!  I will buy one with St handle too

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

1. Harimoto Innerforce Super ZLC!

Looking forward to buying another one.  The blade is so good with Dignics 05
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 9:03am
1. Butterfly Apolonia - Curious about the ZLC, bought the Harimoto sZLC quickly after, so not using this one. 
2. Harimoto sZLC - Heard good stories, amazing blade, still using this as my main blade
3. Donic Waldner Dotec Carbon - Just for the comfort of the grip. 
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2020 at 3:37am
1. Sanwei Fextra 85gr. straight. Reason - EJ, cheap. Amazing blade for its price. Pros - the best handle my hand ever hold. After 2-3 sessions won in doubles over players we never did. The nasty very heavy spin of one of the opponents suddenly become nothing. Smash and win. Immense control. Thoughts about ordering something from OSP with the same handle dimensions. Still using it, especially against better players . Cons - low quality of upper plies.
2. Nittaku Ludeack 86gr. straight. Reason - better quality blade than Fextra. Totally disappointed with this one. Thin handle. Extremely head heavy balance with two T05. My wrist started to hurt from the first session. Got better after a whole month not using it. With two soft light rubbers is good. 
3. Stuor special blade two-sided heterogeneous Long 5. Reason - EJ. In transit. 
LOL
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by windysummer1 windysummer1 wrote:

BTY Omar Assad FL Exlarge Handle, 99 grams
Stiga Legacy Carbon FL, not sure about weight yet and it was one sale from Dandoy
Stiga Legacy Carbon reminds me of Donic Black Devil but with a standard size while Black Devil is 153*150
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic