FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dignics 09c club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2020 at 1:01am
The topsheet of 09C feels softer compared to Hurricane, and as others have mentioned, the sponge of the 09C is a lot more lively compared to Hurricane.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2020 at 5:35am
i just love dignics 09C on forehand, it’s close to a perfect rubber for me...flicks are absurd, lot of control and spin during topspins and good on serve...only weakness is that like any other hard rubber you need energy from the body. 
I dont consider it as a real weakness, i think i play with more confidence than tenergy that is just too bouncy.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2020 at 6:59am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

i just love dignics 09C on forehand, it’s close to a perfect rubber for me...flicks are absurd, lot of control and spin during topspins and good on serve...only weakness is that like any other hard rubber you need energy from the body. 
I dont consider it as a real weakness, i think i play with more confidence than tenergy that is just too bouncy.

Yes you need to engage the body when you loop with Dignics 09c or the ball is gonna be weak af... But it's kinda good in terms of honing your skills coz it punishes you when you play strokes in a bad way, so you can quickly iterate to find the best strokes. In particular if you don't engage the hips and legs properly you're gonna struggle, if you engaged them properly (and moved towards the ball and stay low), it's gonna reward you with the spinniest and most powerful loops you can ever generate. 

But when you're not feeling 100% physically it's gonna place a toll on you. 

Edited by blahness - 12/30/2020 at 8:31am
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2020 at 3:06pm
would you say D09C works better with a harder blade ? 

Edited by Chopper88 - 12/30/2020 at 6:31pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

would you say D09C works better with a header blade ? 

Don't see why it wouldn't work...

-------
Viscaria

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 12:06am
I switched to 09C on the FH, but my play time has been limited due to the whole COVID-19 situation.  So far I like it quite a bit.  I brush the ball a lot, so the topsheet grip is really helpful for me.  Blocking is not my strong suit, but it feels controllable there.  Serving and pushing are very good.  

The biggest thing is the spin.  It never tops out and the harder I swing the more spin I get.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 6:19am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I switched to 09C on the FH, but my play time has been limited due to the whole COVID-19 situation.  So far I like it quite a bit.  I brush the ball a lot, so the topsheet grip is really helpful for me.  Blocking is not my strong suit, but it feels controllable there.  Serving and pushing are very good.  

The biggest thing is the spin.  It never tops out and the harder I swing the more spin I get.

ILya

Yep the spin is what really got my hooked Wink it really never tops out and is so linear, you can feel so comfortable using almost 100% of your strength and be confident that it's gonna land onto the table thanks to the spin. 
-------
Viscaria

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 1:08pm
Forgot to add: I used to be the world foremost equipment junkie, but eventually gave that up and went back to Butterfly.  I could play just fine with hard and spinny ESN rubbers, but I did not like the lifetime (Butterfly rubbers actually cost me less in the long term and I have to mess with them less), so I went T05 BH and T05H FH, then D05 both sides when it came out.  D05 was close to perfect, but one thing I could not do as well with Butterfly rubbers that I could do with spinny ESN rubbers was service.  Not sure why, probably something to do with my contact.  D09C gave me my serve back, which in turn made my third ball attack more effective.  FH is generally a less consistent side for me, so all I need is spin.  I either push heavy or loop heavy on the FH.  There is not much else happening there.
I play with a fast and heavy blade and I generally have no issues generating power, so D09C seems to work well for me.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2021 at 5:00pm
Hi guys,

Being a current user of T05 (on a TB Spirit), I'm considering stepping up to either T05 hard or Dignics 09c.
Can you share your experience if you've had an opportunity to try both?
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2021 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Rollko Rollko wrote:

Hi guys,

Being a current user of T05 (on a TB Spirit), I'm considering stepping up to either T05 hard or Dignics 09c.
Can you share your experience if you've had an opportunity to try both?

Hi,

Having recently watched the skyrocketing Anton Kallberg, methinks he will promote the selling of a very large number of sheets of Tenergy 05.

Perhaps in the Butterfly rubber product spectrum there remains a viable position for Tenergy 05 Hard, however it now appears that Tenergy 05 Hard was an excellent stepping stone into the future, not a flagship entry.  The superiority of the Dignics top sheet, coupled with the nearly-as-hard sponge of Dignics 09c when compared to Tenergy 05 Hard, makes the selection of Dignics 09c supported by a very compelling argument when considering the Butterfly options in the harder-sponge category.

Everything listed here - Tenergy 05 Hard, Dignics 05, and Dignics 09c - possess very distinct playing characteristics from Tenergy 05, of such a variance as to require an accompanying desire to have a different feel and playing experience as to that which Tenergy 05 presents.

Thanks.  
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2021 at 4:26pm
Finally got a change play with D09C max, I can say it’s easy to play with, open loop is effortless, but for those who think it’s spinner the H3 it’s not , since I play a all around game with P1 on my BH , I think I’m going back to H3 just because of the cost factor.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2021 at 9:39pm

Finally got a change play with D09C max, I can say it’s easy to play with, open loop is effortless, but for those who think it’s spinner the H3 it’s not , since I play a all around game with P1 on my BH , I think I’m going back to H3 just because of the cost factor.

Edit: yeah you're comparing it to boosted H3, I agree that D09c is not as good as boosted H3, but it comes quite close imo....

And I feel it has advantages in mid distance even compared to boosted H3 thanks to the spring sponge. 

Edited by blahness - 01/03/2021 at 11:32pm
-------
Viscaria

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2021 at 12:22am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Edit: yeah you're comparing it to boosted H3, I agree that D09c is not as good as boosted H3, but it comes quite close imo....

And I feel it has advantages in mid distance even compared to boosted H3 thanks to the spring sponge. 

it's usually pretty safe to say that when any competent player is talking about playing with H3 they are talking about it being boosted 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2021 at 6:43am
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

it's usually pretty safe to say that when any competent player is talking about playing with H3 they are talking about it being boosted 

Yeah that's true in general...
-------
Viscaria

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2021 at 7:14am

H3 etc type rubbers are pretty well designed to be boosted/old style speed glued to get good performance out of them otherwise they are a bit brick like.... Cry .

09C gives a nice feel and also I guess when boosted is pretty quick as well. That's why the more serious players are using it boosted I would hazzard a guess.  Good rubber but $$$$'s or ££££'s depending where you are in the world! Big smile

Edited by ghostzen - 01/04/2021 at 7:15am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

H3 etc type rubbers are pretty well designed to be boosted/old style speed glued to get good performance out of them otherwise they are a bit brick like.... Cry .

09C gives a nice feel and also I guess when boosted is pretty quick as well. That's why the more serious players are using it boosted I would hazzard a guess.  Good rubber but $$$$'s or ££££'s depending where you are in the world! Big smile

Ovtcharov seems to be a fan LOL

-------
Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic