Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rating power build.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rating power build.
    Posted: 12/09/2020 at 8:35pm
Hi guys :) 

Recently there was some conversation with my table tennis mates.

I stated that LP give huge advantage on lower level.

So that situation why people take LP is as following:
70 % take LP because it simplifies the serves receive.
25 % it's because they can't keep up with the pace.
5 % it's because of love to LP and other reasons :) 

Of course percents are discussible :) 

But was told that no LP do not give any advantage on serve receive and it's really hard to play with them.

Then I made one assumption how to get rating fast and with less possible efforts involved at the beginning:

The easiest way to start ranking up is to just sharpen two different serves or one serve but with many directions possible.

In reality, I think it is easy to grow from 1400 to 1600 only at the expense of serves 
- 2 hours a day of training some serves and after a month and a half go to the tournament and a 1400 
 can grow to 1600 USATT :)
We were speaking in different rating system so tried to make a correspondence between these 2 systems how I understand approximate level.

Of course, if you stumble upon a LP player - that's all - your 1400 can immediately be returned back :)

Pump up the push/chop to receive 2-3 main serves in a couple of weeks and now it's about 1700.

Sharpen FH topspin and in a month 1800 is done.

Summarize for now from 1400 till 1800 for about 3 months :) 
Of course you need to attend tournaments to get this rating and it can not be enough tournaments
 just to get this rating but overall skill will be right about for that.

And after that imagine take LP on your BH and voila +100 more :) 

So in 3 month spending of equivalent of 2 hours a day training 5 times a week you will have with such a power build + 500 USATT rating starting at 1400!

What do you think of it? 

P.S.
BTW to be able to proof that I told - that as far as I am lefty I can get to this point in the equivalent time with my right hand.

Previously I did not have any training for my right hand and after that conversation had couple of trainings as a righty with robot on FH and just a serve training session :) .
First one I did not record.
But 2-nd and 3-d I have videos.

2nd question
Do you think that I can complete the challenge to get 1900 USATT with such a rating power build being a righty? 

Edited by Valiantsin - 12/09/2020 at 8:43pm
Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2020 at 9:04pm
Haha dude you're too cool... go for it!

I agree that priorities are

1) good serve
2) good receive of common serves (a good push is a big part of this)
3) good loops

The rest is just building up from this point. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2020 at 11:04pm
What was your rating with your main hand? 

I think if you have a good fh loop with decent enough footwork to use it across the table and a consistent bh block or chop with lp, it's fairly doable. Your game plan is to exploit people who are bad against pips first off, and if they can return those then crank up the fh to pressure them. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Haha dude you're too cool... go for it!

I agree that priorities are

1) good serve
2) good receive of common serves (a good push is a big part of this)
3) good loops

The rest is just building up from this point. 
Agree :) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2020 at 9:33am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

What was your rating with your main hand? 

I think if you have a good fh loop with decent enough footwork to use it across the table and a consistent bh block or chop with lp, it's fairly doable. Your game plan is to exploit people who are bad against pips first off, and if they can return those then crank up the fh to pressure them. 
Did not have any USATT rating. 
Had some equivalent like 2150.
Played in US a bit better than used to do previously against people with 2200+ but did not participate in tournaments.

Would say I gonna abuse the fact that serve receive will be much easier and stable.
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2020 at 12:00pm
lp just use no energy to drag you back n forth if youre not a handful better.. it helps going through tournaments

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

lp just use no energy to drag you back n forth if youre not a handful better.. it helps going through tournaments
Agree - LP helps really much.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2020 at 10:39pm
One of the best players in my circle is a penholder with inverted FH and RPB LP backhand. Basically he has a super devastating Ma Lin lite serve (with insane spin and control) and FH loop (bread and butter) for penhold, anything that goes to his FH is punished really badly (guy is also ultra speedy and he definitely recovers much faster than any of us shakehanders) 

But the problem with attacking his BH is that it's impenetrable and full of nasty variations (TPB block + push +  chopblock, RPB LP chopblock + hit + chiquita). The RPB LP chiquita is nasty af, I never seen anything like that and I have no idea what spin is on the ball after he does that shot against my serve.

So when playing against him, I'm not sure which is harder to face, the insane FH powerloop or the nasty BH variations lol.... also due to the LP he doesn't have that many serve receive problems so it neutralizes my biggest advantage :(

It is a very effective playstyle imo (inverted FH + LP BH), especially when the LP is used close-table with attacking possibilities. 

Edited by blahness - 12/10/2020 at 10:42pm
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2020 at 6:49am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

One of the best players in my circle is a penholder with inverted FH and RPB LP backhand. Basically he has a super devastating Ma Lin lite serve (with insane spin and control) and FH loop (bread and butter) for penhold, anything that goes to his FH is punished really badly (guy is also ultra speedy and he definitely recovers much faster than any of us shakehanders) 

But the problem with attacking his BH is that it's impenetrable and full of nasty variations (TPB block + push +  chopblock, RPB LP chopblock + hit + chiquita). The RPB LP chiquita is nasty af, I never seen anything like that and I have no idea what spin is on the ball after he does that shot against my serve.

So when playing against him, I'm not sure which is harder to face, the insane FH powerloop or the nasty BH variations lol.... also due to the LP he doesn't have that many serve receive problems so it neutralizes my biggest advantage :(

It is a very effective playstyle imo (inverted FH + LP BH), especially when the LP is used close-table with attacking possibilities. 
Recently tried to study traditional penhold in He Zhi Wen mannier, it's really difficult to use this grip and to switch to rpb I need to use right hand cause not enough skill in that :) .
Very specific.

Edited by Valiantsin - 12/11/2020 at 9:46am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2020 at 3:57pm
Btw 2 week results:
Fh topspin on second session:
Fh in 10 days:

Serves on second session:
New ones did not record.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic