Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Primorac Carbon, Mazunov and Timo Boll W7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Primorac Carbon, Mazunov and Timo Boll W7
    Posted: 12/15/2020 at 3:58pm
How do they compare in speed, dwell time and blocking?
As they have different composition, may be is like comparing apples to oranges, but anyway...
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

How do they compare in speed, dwell time and blocking?
As they have different composition, may be is like comparing apples to oranges, but anyway...

Primorac Carbon by far the fastest.  Almost unplayable for me but it actually has good feeling for s blade its speed you just won't be playing much short short. 

W7 is good blade especially if you like Boll handles.  A bit too stuff for me for the speed but it is a good blade and I suspect many high level players will like it best.

Mazunov my favorite.  Probably a bit too head heavy but it has more arc than Primorac Carbon and let's you loop from all distances with plastic ball.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 6:59pm

Thanks, Next Level.

I haven't have a chance yet to find a friend that can let me use any of them, due to my auto imposed playing restraint because of the pandemia.

Seems to me that the Primorac Carbon is one of Butterfly’s flagships lately, in part because it's not so expensive (and Denmark star, Jonathan Groth changing his Mizutani SZLC for a Primorac must have add some sales, by the way). Timo has used it in a recent video on his channel in a comparison with another blade (not very fair video in my opinion, as the rubbers were different).

In a very simplistic (yes, simplistic indeed) way, I can imagine that a backhand loop with the Primorac goes very well with Darko Jorgic’s style, favouring power, and that the Mazunov goes very well with someone like Timo’s style of backhand, favouring spin.

Concerning Timo Boll W7, I guess is a sort of Clipper reloaded.

windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Thanks, Next Level.

I haven't have a chance yet to find a friend that can let me use any of them, due to my auto imposed playing restraint because of the pandemia.

Seems to me that the Primorac Carbon is one of Butterfly’s flagships lately, in part because it's not so expensive (and Denmark star, Jonathan Groth changing his Mizutani SZLC for a Primorac must have add some sales, by the way). Timo has used it in a recent video on his channel in a comparison with another blade (not very fair video in my opinion, as the rubbers were different).

In a very simplistic (yes, simplistic indeed) way, I can imagine that a backhand loop with the Primorac goes very well with Darko Jorgic’s style, favouring power, and that the Mazunov goes very well with someone like Timo’s style of backhand, favouring spin.

Concerning Timo Boll W7, I guess is a sort of Clipper reloaded.

BTY should produce a Schlager Carbon Replica in Darko Jorgic's name.
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2021 at 1:53pm
But first Butterfly should sponsor him...
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 6:30am
Primorac Carbon is the fastest, no doubt.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 10:12am
I used to play JM SZLC and PC at about the same time, and indeed the two feel quite similar in some aspects. It is a little odd considering how different the two blades are.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 2:53pm
I have not used W7, but I play with a Mazunov and I used to use Primorac Carbon.

Primorac Carbon is more bouncy, but I can loop harder with the Mazunov because it makes more spin in my hands.  

Both block very well.  

On slower loops, Mazunov is definitely more manageable since it holds the ball longer.

Neither is very forgiving in short game, but Primorac Carbon is bouncier, so it is harder for me to play short with it.

I knew several people who favoured speed over spin and loved driving the ball with Primorac Carbon.  I favour very heavy spin, so Mazunov works better for me.

Mazunov is a notably heavier blade, especially with rubbers on it, so if you are not comfortable with heavier rackets, it will not be for you.  Primorac Carbon is not a light blade, but the head size is smaller, so overall the racket weighs less.

With Dignics on both sides, my two Mazunov blades weigh 203gr and 204gr, which is my preferred racket weight.  Many people prefer to be in the 185gr range though.  You can't really get there with the Mazunov and inverted on both sides.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic