Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upping speed - Primorac Carbon?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Rollko Rollko wrote:

Stiffness and less dwell makes the pips less spin sensitive, which is indeed preferred. Please note that I use them for blocking/hitting through spin/driving, not chopping away from the table.
Then you'd better use frictionless LP or fast antispin rubber like 729 804. As far as I remember, Spectol on PC behaved much like fast anti, but with more speed and longer trajectory.
Sponsored Links

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 5:01am

Does the speed of Primorac Carbon come from a quick rebound and very little dwell time, or the flexibility adding a kick onto the ball? Providing it seems to be stiff and soft, I assume the former?
Right. On softer, brushy strokes hinoki behaves like a soft wood and gives you some dwell to control. That is why PC is very good for slow spinny loops if you have the right timing and technique. But the problem is that you never brush the ball with SP, you either hit with power, block or drive through the ball. These shots make hinoki behave like a very hard wood, and even more hard with the t5000 carbon underneath. It's like playing with a frying pan: very fast rebound, no arc at all, and no time to control the shot direction.
With a Clipper you have much more options to speed up or slow down the rally, redirect your blocks and even loop with your SP.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 5:45am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Does the speed of Primorac Carbon come from a quick rebound and very little dwell time, or the flexibility adding a kick onto the ball? Providing it seems to be stiff and soft, I assume the former?
Right. On softer, brushy strokes hinoki behaves like a soft wood and gives you some dwell to control. That is why PC is very good for slow spinny loops if you have the right timing and technique. But the problem is that you never brush the ball with SP, you either hit with power, block or drive through the ball. These shots make hinoki behave like a very hard wood, and even more hard with the t5000 carbon underneath. It's like playing with a frying pan: very fast rebound, no arc at all, and no time to control the shot direction.
With a Clipper you have much more options to speed up or slow down the rally, redirect your blocks and even loop with your SP.

That's not the experience that I have. After using T05 and T64 for a long time I switched to short pips both sides and they are great with primorac carbon because primorac has thick hinoki outerplies. Great control and very nice to play with unlike the ovtcharov carbospeed which has much thinner hinoki outerplies and plays like you describe.
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 7:28am
What is the maximum weight range of PC? Do 95g pieces exist?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

That's not the experience that I have. After using T05 and T64 for a long time I switched to short pips both sides and they are great with primorac carbon because primorac has thick hinoki outerplies. Great control and very nice to play with unlike the ovtcharov carbospeed which has much thinner hinoki outerplies and plays like you describe.

Lol Primorac Carbon with short pips both sides, I would hate to play against you haha... 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Lol Primorac Carbon with short pips both sides, I would hate to play against you haha... 

I am a nightmare to play against for most yes
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2020 at 10:21pm

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I am a nightmare to play against for most yes

Damn, which short pips are you using? Maybe I'll buy one setup like that just for fun to experience some bang bang bang table tennis hahaha
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2020 at 12:12am
Rakza po and speedy soft dtrcs
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2021 at 1:49am
Goodness, if you use TBS with T05 and still can't generate speed, the equipment is the last thing you need to worry about. 
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2021 at 7:57am
-andro treiber fo/s
-donic persson world champion 89
-donic crest off
-yinhe t8s
-andro treiber q
-butterfly zhang jike super zlc
-butterfly zhang jike t5000
could be some alternatives that are similar to viscaria but a bit faster.
there's so many different blades LOL

or just start using some booster to liven up the rubbers.

Edited by astaroyd - 01/01/2021 at 11:27am
ludo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ludo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2021 at 12:13am

What is the maximum weight range of PC? Do 95g pieces exist?

BTY rates it at 88g but it's easy to find a 90+ grams.
95g would make it an absolute beast Tongue
Mine is 85g with two G1 on it and it's really fast already but has enough dwell for slow loops. 
High throw inverted rubbers are recommended.

Btw, the ST handle is really thick.... a great surprise coming from TB ALC.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic