Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Most difficult inverted rubber to play with?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most difficult inverted rubber to play with?
    Posted: 01/18/2021 at 2:44am
What is the most difficult inverted rubber you've ever played with?

I'm trying to think of better qualifiers for this question because there are so many variables, but for instance, many players say H2 Neo is difficult to play with unless your technique is perfect, or some rubbers are like bricks, and so on. 

My assumption is that most answers will be variants of traditional Chinese rubbers or ultra-bouncy, uncontrollable rubbers, but I want to hear the forum's experiences.
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 6:40am
sticky Chinese rubbers are easier to me than really soft, bouncy Euro stuff. Right after the glue ban I tried coppa silver. That silver sponge had the worst short game.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

sticky Chinese rubbers are easier to me than really soft, bouncy Euro stuff. Right after the glue ban I tried coppa silver. That silver sponge had the worst short game.

Yeah I think those 2 types have inverse strengths/weaknesses 

Slow tacky stuff is easier for me to control short balls and the like, but tenergy type is easier away from the table to hit a blaster 

Edited by obesechopper - 01/18/2021 at 12:36pm
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 12:42pm
Bluefire M1. I´ve never been able to control it. Too bouncy with moderate spin, it´s not my style.
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 1:15pm
I personally think rubbers that stop you from playing a good game are worse than a rubber with a higher skill ceiling.
I offer Bryce Highspeed, very controllable comparatively but offers litte, the speed is high so it is better at attacking play but has no spin to make the play style work. But if you do a more defensive type play it's too fast to chop and block well. It is litrally a smash and active block only.
If you want to play with this it will hamper your ability to open up, play at the net and block properly. Its fantastically awful and quite expensive still
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 1:54pm
T05 hard. So unforgiving, so hard.

Although I'm basing my assessment on being forced to play a league match with this rubber on a friend's Viscaria when I'd forgotten my bat at home. 
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 4:05pm
The rubber I find is the most difficult to use is

Whatever I have on my blade at the moment.

Mark - Not good, not going to get better, not smart enough to quit trying
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2021 at 4:49pm
Tibhar dang was dang bad imo.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2021 at 10:21pm
Thanks for the responses everyone. Personally I could never get along with soft ESN rubbers. Way too bouncy. 
Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2021 at 6:10am
My nightmare would be a rubber with a huge catapult effect with a very very soft sponge. 
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Rinforzando Rinforzando wrote:

My nightmare would be a rubber with a huge catapult effect with a very very soft sponge. 
But the softest of them all, Donic Desto F3 Bigslam, gives a great control.
Something as Bluefire M1, with big catapult and hard sponge, is much harder to control.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2021 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Rinforzando Rinforzando wrote:

This is my nightmare too. LOL

Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

But the softest of them all, Donic Desto F3 Bigslam, gives a great control.
Something as Bluefire M1, with big catapult and hard sponge, is much harder to control.

This has not been my experience at all. Back in the day I used Narucross GS Super Soft and it was like 29 degrees on the ESN scale (which is basically a sheet of Jello) and it was almost impossible to keep the ball low in the short game no matter how soft my touch was. Hell, I even struggled with Omega V Euro at 45 degrees. Then take MX-P, Bluefire M1, Bluestorm Z1 at 47 degrees. They are somewhat bouncy but I played just fine. Bluestorm Z1 Turbo, Bluefire M1 Turbo, Rhyzer Pro 50 (all 50 degrees) were even easier to use for me. 

Quite literally different strokes for different folks I suppose.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic