Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how can I improve????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redknight15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redknight15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can I improve????
    Posted: 12/20/2006 at 6:08am
Iam having a difficulty on my top spin and looping backspin...... iam not consisitent on it can some one tell me how to be consistent in every shot???? pls......
Sponsored Links

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2006 at 8:05am
Get a good coach and work hard.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
ttplayer05 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2006 at 8:12am
yes, there is no substitute for practise. a coach could refine your technique.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2006 at 10:36am
hi Rednight,
     Dont feel bad. Of all the people I coach, they have more trouble looping chops than anything else.
     So much so that i took up choping to them to help. I think it took longer to teach them that shot than any other.
     Funny thing is, My game was ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. Now I am getting so good at chopping, I am adding in chops in my games for varity. 
     I'm not new to chopping, started playing in the 50s with hard bats and it was a standard shot. With sponge, I changed my style. Looks like it will be a useful skill again.
     If you dont have a good chopper to help you, use multiball. Have someone drop a ball on the table, chop it hard to you, try to return it. Use a big bag of balls one after the other. Dont try to put the ball in play, just return and try the next one till they are all gone. Then go pick them up. The reason is your shot memory is much better than if you volley. You can adjust your shot till you know how it should feel much quicker this way.
     Have fun.
redknight15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redknight15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2006 at 9:49pm

thanks to all.... i think ill start practicing.... and also I want to improve my footwork...I noticed that Iam having a difficulty on positioning my self when my opponent attacks....

stiga clipper cr

skyline3-fh

globe999-bh

zerowings007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerowings007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2006 at 12:10am
get a coach and do multiball.
kmh888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmh888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2006 at 12:57pm

get a robot to give u chop balls to ur forehand, concentrate on technique. Once you can get 10 on consistently , choose a different spot to topspin to.

Once you can do that, make the chop harder and then make it random so your footwork improves.

Or if you dont have a robot, do multiball

Gatien Extra
FH: Hurricane Provincial
BH: Palio CJ800 Speed

Special thick glue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic