Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Viscaria in CNT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden Viscaria in CNT
    Posted: 05/13/2021 at 12:13pm
How come all of a sudden, Zhu Yuling, Fan Zhendong and Lin Shidong are all using it now?
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
Sponsored Links

astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2021 at 1:13pm
I think CNT probably has contracts, alliances with different companies.
One of those is butterfly.
So butterfly will make 50, 100 "golden viscaria".
They give it to the CNT.
The CNT gives it to their players to try and keep if they want.
That's why it always seems like many players use similar stuff at the same time.
The same thing also happens with DHS W968.

Other players from other countries it's probably more personalized.
The player receives directly the blades from their sponsor/provider.

Edited by astaroyd - 05/13/2021 at 1:38pm
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2021 at 11:40pm
Depends on what the pros want. GV is unique compared to a regular Viscaria . The weight is very high ,typically over 95 grams but some how doesn’t feel that heavy ( good balance) . It has a softer feel which gives you a feeling of more control but still has the same amount of power. I think with the softer feel it also generates spin a little easier as well.  Depending on the player these might be positives or negatives. The worst part about Golden Viscaria right now is it has an MSRP of $300 but is being sold for $700 . 
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 12:20am
Because all that extra weight comes from...

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6791077807?pn=2

22/6/9: Added link to the Tieba thread

Edited by zeio - 06/09/2022 at 3:02am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 12:21am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Depends on what the pros want. GV is unique compared to a regular Viscaria . The weight is very high ,typically over 95 grams but some how doesn’t feel that heavy ( good balance) . It has a softer feel which gives you a feeling of more control but still has the same amount of power. I think with the softer feel it also generates spin a little easier as well.  Depending on the player these might be positives or negatives. The worst part about Golden Viscaria right now is it has an MSRP of $300 but is being sold for $700 . 

$700 is for a first S series.   The later batches are around $500
Due to the material selection, Butterfly adds several grams to the handle to keep the blade  balance, and all of those bring the weigh to 95 grams up.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 1:54am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Because all that extra weight comes from...

wow, crazy. Even the normal Viscaria is not head heavy. So the golden one must have a weird weight distribution

Edited by Shifu - 05/14/2021 at 1:54am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 3:03am
And here I was, preaching about the benefits of a low balance to all my customers. On how you can get away with a heavier weight, and generate more power, while having a blade that in reality doesn't feel all that heavy. I'm not the first one to do this of course, legend says, that there once was a prophet who stuck nails in this blade as a sacrifice, and spread the good word of Low Balance all around the world.
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 5:01am
With the increasing weight of rubbers I think it's absolutely required to make blades handle heavy. One can have a 70g balsa blade, but glue on 100-105g of rubbers... 170-175g sounds great, but I'm sure it would be rather unwieldy on the backhand.
I also think players with more than decent backhand pick Viscaria over HL5 or something more forehand dominant blade.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2021 at 8:49am
I also think players with more than decent backhand pick Viscaria over HL5 or something more forehand dominant blade.

I have never heard of a "backhand dominant" or "forehand dominant" blade before, except in the historic cases of one side of the blade construction differing from the other side's construction.  This deserves a separate thread for discussion.

I suppose this is understandable for me as I've always also been challenged by the advocated notions of a "backhand rubber" and a "forehand rubber," concepts so clear in the minds of many, but so disconcerting to some.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
MartyC View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2021 at 8:57am
My humble opinion - more weight in the handle is better for backhand , because in backand is not so easy to play power table tennis.
When is whole paddle head heavy , in the backhand side is difficult to make fine operations .
It should be reason , why is Viscaria described as good for backhand - it is less head heavy than for example HL5 with bigger head.
Excuse my poor english.

OSP Expert CRWi FL, Donic Bluegrip S1 max , Spinlord Killer Ex. 1,8mm
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by MartyC MartyC wrote:

My humble opinion - more weight in the handle is better for backhand , because in backand is not so easy to play power table tennis.
When is whole paddle head heavy , in the backhand side is difficult to make fine operations .
It should be reason , why is Viscaria described as good for backhand - it is less head heavy than for example HL5 with bigger head.
Excuse my poor english.

Good point. Also the materials & layer structure in Viscaria make it arguably the best option for BH oriented players.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2021 at 9:21am
My question:

for some Stiga sponsored players like FZD & CM, why are they allowed to use BTY equipment in Olympics?
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

My question:

for some Stiga sponsored players like FZD & CM, why are they allowed to use BTY equipment in Olympics?

I dont think stiga will let FZD get away not using stiga at the most important event ,pics are not enough evidence for me with all PS experts around  , if BTY would give viscarias to FZD I think it would have no printing and serial #. Other players have been sued for not using their sponsored blades.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2021 at 10:31am
FZD's contract with stiga has expired.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

FZD's contract with stiga has expired.

That probably explains. However, Stiga North America site has not updated.

BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Have you tested GV by yourself?. I think FZD  is not used to that blade makes a lot of mistakes and he s been using it enough time.

Edited by mykonos96 - 08/06/2021 at 3:27pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2021 at 6:11am
viscaria handle (customized or not) does not automatically mean...viscaria blade...once again....
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2021 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

I have never heard of a "backhand dominant" or "forehand dominant" blade before, except in the historic cases of one side of the blade construction differing from the other side's construction.  This deserves a separate thread for discussion.

I suppose this is understandable for me as I've always also been challenged by the advocated notions of a "backhand rubber" and a "forehand rubber," concepts so clear in the minds of many, but so disconcerting to some.

Thanks.

I think it's because the FH is more powerful, so it suits a slower blade like HL5 where you can really load up on the quality and spin. For the BH, a slower blade means that you start to lose out on the speed battles, so the Viscaria which is faster is more favoured....

Personally I think both blades are excellent choices.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Thanks.

I think it's because the FH is more powerful, so it suits a slower blade like HL5 where you can really load up on the quality and spin. For the BH, a slower blade means that you start to lose out on the speed battles, so the Viscaria which is faster is more favoured....

Personally I think both blades are excellent choices.

HL5  is not slow, There no solid evidence FZD use viscaria, I read an article in chinese that viscaria is used because you can get in a wide range of diffrent weights.
powerhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2021 at 10:28pm
Where can one buy the later batch for a cheaper price or even slightly used?
Blade: Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c

BH: Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic