Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What equipment to buy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xdeath View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What equipment to buy
    Posted: 06/03/2021 at 7:15pm
I am having trouble on deciding what equipment to buy because of the many options.
My playstyle generally can be described as all round +. 
I would like control and spin on my fh because my top spin is the main way i get offensive.
With my bh i generally chop and play defensively. 
My strongest characteristic is my blocks. Is there any combination of blades and rubbers that fit my criteria? 
Thanks for reading! Sorry for my english I am not a native speaker

Edited by Xdeath - 06/03/2021 at 7:19pm
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2021 at 8:51pm
If your style is Allround+ get an Alround+ setup. Don´t go to ALC or ZLC blades.
There are many options, for example, Korbel blade and Rakza 7 Soft rubbers.
But since you have a good block, you could try a short pips BH.
Xdeath View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2021 at 5:25am
Thanks a lot! Ill keep that in mind
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2021 at 5:51pm
What equipment to buy?  Simple.   All of it.  

Remember, the correct number of blades to own is N + 1 where N is the number you have now.   And every one of those blades will require testing of the best alternative to whatever rubber you use now.

Ba'al has spoken.

Edited by Baal - 06/04/2021 at 5:53pm
Xdeath View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 9:02am
Hahaha thanks for the tip. Sadly i do not have the budget to buy a lot of different rubbers and blades so i had to decide on one. 
I chose the Donic Appelgren Allplay with the yasaka rakza 7 soft 2.0 on the fh and the 1.8 option on the bh.
I wanted to focus more on spin, control and feel rather than power and speed, is this a good choice?

mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 11:39am
Simply buy the most expensive blade and rubber combo. Because when you join a club, everyone will tell you that his SZLC/D09c blade made them a better player. And always remember: in table tennis, the newer generation of a blade and rubber is improving your game, no matter if you exercise more or not.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Xdeath Xdeath wrote:

Hahaha thanks for the tip. Sadly i do not have the budget to buy a lot of different rubbers and blades so i had to decide on one. 
I chose the Donic Appelgren Allplay with the yasaka rakza 7 soft 2.0 on the fh and the 1.8 option on the bh.
I wanted to focus more on spin, control and feel rather than power and speed, is this a good choice
In my opinion it´s an excellent setup. I´ve had an Appelgren Allplay before and could exchange loops all day long. But it lacks power, and since I´m not so patient, quickly sold it and went to Persson Powerplay, and later to Persson Power Carbon.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Xdeath Xdeath wrote:

I wanted to focus more on spin, control and feel rather than power and speed, is this a good choice?

Actually you made an excellent choice.
plazm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plazm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 5:23pm
Appelgren Allplay is good choice but I'd suggest little bit faster blades such as Stiga Infinity VPS or Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive.

Edited by plazm - 06/05/2021 at 5:23pm
Xdeath View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 6:07pm
Oh okay. I am thinking of improving my strokes first and then going into something faster. Besides, im not that aggresive of a player, thanks for the advice though!!
Xdeath View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 6:11pm
Thanks! Another thing, is this a good rubber for chopping?
 Because i would like quite a bit of control when chopping due to my playstyle.
 I usually dont create opportunities, rather i wait for them to come to me. 
I am wondering, due to the rubber being tensor, if it reacts a lot to oncoming backspin.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 9:58am
it's certainly not the intended use of any of the parts of that set-up but it will be sufficiently controlled that you ought to be able to chop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic