Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dimitrij Ovtcharov ALC - Feedback ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dimitrij Ovtcharov ALC - Feedback ?
    Posted: 08/12/2021 at 10:04am
Anyone using this blade? any feedback would like to share?

Also, please compare to innerforce series, other well known butterfly blades

Edited by amitmnagarwal - 08/14/2021 at 10:53am
Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2021 at 12:02pm
I can only give a very short impression: 

although it has the same composition like Innerforce Layer ALC and Harimoto Innerforce ALC, the feeling is noticeable harder (more direct and more linear). It seems, as if the difference between Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC to these blades is bigger than to Viscaria or Boll ALC. OSP Virtuoso AC is also much softer than Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC. But once again: this is only my first impression.

I have to add the information, that my Ovtcharov is one of the lighter blades (83,7g). So the weight is definitely not the reason for this impression. 

I have tested lots of limba-blades in the past, but this is one of the hardest. If I would not know (and see) that the outer veneer is limba, I wood guess, that it is koto or something harder than koto.

Do not misunderstand me. I do not say, that it feels bad or too hard. It simply feels harder than expected and the combination with D05 and this blade feels a bit too hard for me. I think, T05 or D09C will feel better on this blade.

By the way: I love the look of Dima`s new blade. Thumbs Up

Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2021 at 3:07pm
just bought it, a bit faster than timo boll alc, you can make shots more powerful because the weight is more at the top of the blade because the blade is bigger. A bit more flexible than timo boll alc and more wood feeling, control and feeling is incredible. I’ll use this blade for sure from now on
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2021 at 3:32pm
I already play a harimoto ALC and quite like it .
 For my playing the extra weight at the top functions well.
 Any ideas of other larger headsize blades to try? I was thinking about nittaku ma long series but those are too expensive.

I think Dima ALC may be too thick.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2021 at 11:54pm
I picked this blade up as well and so far I like it good bit.  
I have been playing with Harimoto ALC lately, but I think I will switch to the Ovcharov ALC.  It is a notably stiffer and harder blade, but the feel is still quite good.  Blocking seems a little better.  Fast loops are just awesome.  Slow looping naturally requires a little more attention, but still very doable.
BH punch is just glorious.
So far so good.  

BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 2:09am
Can anyone compare it to the No1 Senso? 
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 2:40am
No 1 Senso is similar to HL5, a blade for pure loopers.
It is much softer than Ovtcharov ALC, less direct, with more vibrations.

Edited by Magic_M - 08/14/2021 at 6:39am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 7:19am
fix title
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

fix title

I think Ovtcharov was not spelled correctly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 10:50am
That is really surprising observation.

How does it compare with Jun Mizu ZLC.

What rubbers u played with ?

Will harder rubbers like Mxp, Rasanter 47 go with it?

Amit Agarwal

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by amitmnagarwal amitmnagarwal wrote:

Will harder rubbers like Mxp, Rasanter 47 go with it?
I am sure, they will, because these are actually not really hard rubbers. With the plastic ball 45-47° rubbers are "medium hard" in my eyes and I think, this kind of rubbers should fit very well.

Personally I will test my Ovtcharov next monday with Tenergy 05 on forehand and Karis M on backhand. First impression (with my robot) is really good. Seems to be easier to play with compared to Dignics 05.
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Thanks, seems like there is no reason for me to try a BTY Ovtcharov in that case.
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Static Static wrote:

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Thanks, seems like there is no reason for me to try a BTY Ovtcharov in that case.

Do you have Donic Ovtchrov NO 1 Senso Carbon which is now Donic Original Senso Carbon?

Could you give detailed comparison of senso carbon.? 

can anyone compare in detail it with Dima Ovtchrov ALC ?
which one to select Donic or butterfly ?

Amit Agarwal

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2021 at 12:09pm
I already answered with PM. But for all here I can verify that Ovtcharov ALC is much harder and more direct compared to Hurricane Long 5, Donic NO.1 Senso or Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC. 

For people who prefer a fast and direct game like power-looping or aggressive blocking. the new Ovtcharov blade will make them happy, because it is extremely precise.

For me personally it is harder than I expected. On one side this is a good point, because Innerforce LAyer ALC is too soft and bouncy for me, but the difference to this blade is bigger than I hoped. It is on the other side of the scale, not far away from a Boll ALC or Spirit in point of hardness and I think, it is at least as fast as these blades, much faster than Innerforce Layer ALC.
evilgu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilgu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2021 at 9:36am
"Looking at the speed of this blade, it is very similar to the Timo Boll series. However, the speed has been reduced to give more room for control. The inner carbon layer slows down the speed a little bit and you will need to exert a sufficient amount of power to activate the carbon component."
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2021 at 2:18pm
the blade is thicker, and it’s head heavy, a bit faster than timo boll alc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2021 at 4:57pm
People have suggested it is as hard as timo boll alc, i suspect it takes time to break-in, and may be after 3-6 months , it will show its true colour

any views?

Anyone has any updated reviews ?
Amit Agarwal

andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2021 at 6:37am
im not an expert, DO blade is made for semi professional players, hard- core softer top ply + innerforce alc.
DO is designed for Tenergy 19
comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2021 at 7:58pm
I've seen some videos, and heard the pitch/sound of the bare blade, and getting interested to save up some pocket money to buy one for a spare, or maybe some upgrade from fang bo b2x Embarrassed

Also, waiting for more feedbacks, especially the one using chinese rubber on this blade LOL

Edited by comodoensis - 08/29/2021 at 7:59pm
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2021 at 9:17pm
i have used it with dignics 09c on the forehand and rasanter r53 on the backhand and like it enough to keep in my bag, good weight and balance and performs all shots well.  the main reason i like it better then some of the other innerforce blades is because it handles incoming powerloops better when you block close to the table; due in part to what was already shared:
a bit stiffer,
bigger head shape,
thicker so it deals well with pressure
It also has a good range of gears...i would not recommend it for an allround tyle looper that focuses on spin or counterlooping there are other blades out there much better for that.

Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2021 at 3:51am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

i have used it with dignics 09c on the forehand and rasanter r53 on the backhand and like it enough to keep in my bag, good weight and balance and performs all shots well.  the main reason i like it better then some of the other innerforce blades is because it handles incoming powerloops better when you block close to the table; due in part to what was already shared:
a bit stiffer,
bigger head shape,
It also has a good range of gears...i would not recommend it for an allround tyle looper that focuses on spin or counterlooping there are other blades out there much better for that.

It's my experience as well that thicker and stiffer blades have more stability near the table. They are better for passive defense and they are usually better for timing based lop killing than generating spinny loops. You don't really see Dima go back and engage in topspin rallies. I guess it fits Dima's game and similar style perfectly.

I played with the Fang Bo 2 and 2X and the 2X is much stiffer and faster. Even though DO ALC is about 0.2mm thicker to me it seems that the outer limba is thicker on the DO ALC than on the 2X so I think they have similar stiffness, but maybe the 2X has a harder touch.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2021 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

a bit stiffer,
bigger head shape,

It's my experience as well that thicker and stiffer blades have more stability near the table. They are better for passive defense and they are usually better for timing based lop killing than generating spinny loops. You don't really see Dima go back and engage in topspin rallies. I guess it fits Dima's game and similar style perfectly.

I played with the Fang Bo 2 and 2X and the 2X is much stiffer and faster. Even though DO ALC is about 0.2mm thicker to me it seems that the outer limba is thicker on the DO ALC than on the 2X so I think they have similar stiffness, but maybe the 2X has a harder touch.

Great! Sounds like a solid alternative to b2x, perhaps?
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2021 at 7:23am
Originally posted by comodoensis comodoensis wrote:

a bit stiffer,
bigger head shape,

Yes, but I would put the B2X as a solid alternative to DO ALC. One is ~50USD the other is 150+, 200+? I hope the DO ALC is a better blade and justifies the extra cost.
I think most people are not really satisfied with the DHS thin FL handles, and B2X has that too, but if someone can accept that (or has smaller hands) it's really a nice blade.
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2021 at 11:23am

a bit stiffer,
bigger head shape,

Yes, but I would put the B2X as a solid alternative to DO ALC. One is ~50USD the other is 150+, 200+? I hope the DO ALC is a better blade and justifies the extra cost.
I think most people are not really satisfied with the DHS thin FL handles, and B2X has that too, but if someone can accept that (or has smaller hands) it's really a nice blade.

Oops, I got it backwards LOL of course I too hope DO is better. In terms of QC, no need to say or comment I guess LOL but I do too hope it is better in terms of playing quality Embarrassed

I agree, it's a love or hate with the B2X. Good feel with hurricane 3 both side, but the slim handle (not a really big deal, though sometime it comes into a kind of disturbance when loosening grip during rallies. Blade angles become inconsistent Ouch) and inconsistent QC is the biggest problem to find another piece as a spare blade. When I bought B2X, of all the B2X available, I picked one with the highest pitch and most solid feeling, and when another batch come, none has identical characteristics, none even close Cry

Edited by comodoensis - 08/30/2021 at 11:34am
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2021 at 3:21pm

a bit stiffer,
bigger head shape,

Oops, I got it backwards LOL of course I too hope DO is better. In terms of QC, no need to say or comment I guess LOL but I do too hope it is better in terms of playing quality Embarrassed

I agree, it's a love or hate with the B2X. Good feel with hurricane 3 both side, but the slim handle (not a really big deal, though sometime it comes into a kind of disturbance when loosening grip during rallies. Blade angles become inconsistent Ouch) and inconsistent QC is the biggest problem to find another piece as a spare blade. When I bought B2X, of all the B2X available, I picked one with the highest pitch and most solid feeling, and when another batch come, none has identical characteristics, none even close Cry
I see, well I can't confirm this obviously but I have a suspicion the B2 and B2X blades are originally made to be HL5 and HL5X blades but they fail the QC to be HL5 so they are sold cheaper as Fang Bo.
Anyways I wish you good luck if you decide to buy the DO ALC and let us know if it's any good.
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
vinox27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinox27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2021 at 7:00am
I recently purchase this blade and paired it with Stiga DNA pro H both side.  Tested the blade along side with TMBoll Alc with the same set up.  The Dima Alc has more woody feeling and soft compare to TMB. Dima has more dwell time, and it is faster than TMBoll Alc. Head heavy though. Does not lack power from mid to far away the table. I find it that you need to brush the ball rather than hitting.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 4:39am

after 1 month of playing I’m very satisfited and I play better than with my previous timo boll alc. Flat hits and blocks have a unique superb feeling, it’s a pleasure to block opponent topspins now. Blade is quite fast and head heavy so I can generate lot of power even with my mxp. 
A little problem is that I feel the blade a bit too heavy because the rubbers on it are bigger, the blade is 89g and the total weight is 189g head heavy, my timo boll was 89g but 183g total weight not head-heavy so definitely more light. I ordered 2 more Ovtcharov blades of 2-3 less grams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by vinox27 vinox27 wrote:

I recently purchase this blade and paired it with Stiga DNA pro H both side.  Tested the blade along side with TMBoll Alc with the same set up.  The Dima Alc has more woody feeling and soft compare to TMB. Dima has more dwell time, and it is faster than TMBoll Alc. Head heavy though. Does not lack power from mid to far away the table. I find it that you need to brush the ball rather than hitting.

Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

after 1 month of playing I’m very satisfited and I play better than with my previous timo boll alc. Flat hits and blocks have a unique superb feeling, it’s a pleasure to block opponent topspins now. Blade is quite fast and head heavy so I can generate lot of power even with my mxp. 
A little problem is that I feel the blade a bit too heavy because the rubbers on it are bigger, the blade is 89g and the total weight is 189g head heavy, my timo boll was 89g but 183g total weight not head-heavy so definitely more light. I ordered 2 more Ovtcharov blades of 2-3 less grams

I assume both of you using inverted on both sides, perhaps?

It got me wondering, how well is it when used with short pips on the backhand side? Perhaps anybody can give any enlightenment. 

Until now I haven't bought DO yet. Business been rough, still have some loans to be paid off, gotta keep any impulsive buying tendency away from everything. That's the gracious blessings of the pandemic for low-education people starting up business in a developing third world country LOL
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2021 at 5:46am
Ready for the new season 
Tapion View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2024 at 6:02am
Great setup 👌
What would be the biggest differences from this to Tibhar Nuytinck ZC?

I whatched your video’s btw 😉

Edited by Tapion - 01/07/2024 at 6:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic