Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BUTTERFLY VISCARIA 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BUTTERFLY VISCARIA 2021
    Posted: 09/25/2021 at 11:17pm
Hello,

My club has a butterfly viscaria available. It is a 2021 version ( V serial number ). The weight of the blade is 91 grams and the handle seems thicker than previous versions. Has someone plays with V series, how is it? Moreover, I have read on this forum that the best weight for viscaria is between 87-92 grams. I tried my friends viscaria and liked it a lot and plan on buying it. Just wondering if i should go with this v series viscaria with 91 grams. Please let me know.
Sponsored Links

hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2021 at 11:47pm
What serial and weight is your friend's Viscaria? As you might know, all Viscarias are not created equal. It's best to try the V serial b4 buyng if at all possible.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2021 at 6:00am
You can find Viscaria any weight between 80-95gm and each blade will feel different
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2021 at 4:58pm
Go for it. 91gr is a GREAT weight for your blade. It will be the last you'll ever buy.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Go for it. 91gr is a GREAT weight for your blade. It will be the last you'll ever buy.
I doubt it, Guni is an EJ
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2021 at 7:51am
Hi I had been using friends Viscaria blade for couple of months then bought the V series 2021 version. Two blades I weighed before buying both were 91 gms. It is a stable blade but felt it was little heavier than the one I borrowed from my friend earlier. However all my research showed it is best to have weight around 90 gms if you want stable blocks and play with power from mid distance or further. However if your style is to play quick on the table then you need little lighter blade.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2021 at 11:33am
hahahahah
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2021 at 11:34am
hahahaha. Hopefully this is my last buy for a few years.
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I doubt it, Guni is an EJ
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2021 at 11:35am
Thanks. I read on many forums that 91-92 gram viscaria was a great weight for viscaria and in the previous series people were having a hard time buying it with that weight.

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2021 at 11:38am
I like to play power loops and counterloops away from the table. So this weight should be good I guess.
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

Hi I had been using friends Viscaria blade for couple of months then bought the V series 2021 version. Two blades I weighed before buying both were 91 gms. It is a stable blade but felt it was little heavier than the one I borrowed from my friend earlier. However all my research showed it is best to have weight around 90 gms if you want stable blocks and play with power from mid distance or further. However if your style is to play quick on the table then you need little lighter blade.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2021 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

I like to play power loops and counterloops away from the table. So this weight should be good I guess.
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

Yes it would be perfect. don't go for lighter blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic