Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dignics 05 vs 09c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dignics 05 vs 09c
    Posted: 10/08/2021 at 7:48am
Hi all,

I'm deciding between Dignics 05 and Dignics 09c to use on my Primorac Carbon blade.

D09c feels like more effort and less speed, but more control in higher speeds. D05 should be faster, but does it lose out on counterlooping and stability in faster shots etc?

I'm using short pips on BH so I'm not concerned about the short play.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2021 at 8:31am
if you dont plan to boost go for 09C…05 needs boosting to show its characteristics. It’s almost unplayable out of the pack
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2021 at 8:58am
I haven't tried 09c yet, but I ordered that myself, because D05 topsheet felt bit hard to me when I tried it. 09c topsheet is supposed to be softer and the sponge is harder, so it should be easier to bite the ball. What I saw hardness measurements the D05 topsheet is harder the sponge is softer, but the overall feel is reported to be only slightly softer than 09c.

I would also imagine the 09c to be more durable, at least sticky chinese topsheets last "forever" with cleaning and plastic foil.
If you have a lot of power in your shots or if you're used to Chinese rubbers I would go for 09c, if you have a weaker stroke I'd probably chose D80. D05 didn't feel very user friendly to me.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
GrayGhost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2021 at 8:20pm
I have played with both 09c and 05.  I have 05 on 3 blades(2bh 1fh) and 09c on 1.

I tried 09c on fh and bh and wasn't a fan.  There is no tackiness and the throw is super high.  It's a little sensitive to incoming spin due to the super grippy top sheet.

05 is awesome(imo)!  I have tried it boosted and unboosted, I prefer the latter.  Boosting broke in the sponge a little and made it feel slightly softer but coming from H3 I prefer the harder sponge.  Plus 05 top sheet lasts forever!
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2021 at 6:47am
I play both. 

D09c has more spin, D05 has more speed. 09c is perfect as a FH rubber because you can do some ridiculous 3rd ball attacks due to the huge spin which keeps the ball on the table. Counterlooping is not so easy, you need body involvement in almost every shot (very demanding). Short game and service is a joy with it. 

D05 is horrible in the short game, but for chiquita the catapult helps a lot in generating lots of speed. On BH exchanges the catapult also helps a huge deal in generating dangerous shots with very little movement. Especially if you block powerloops back it's likely to be a winner due to how fast it is responding to incoming power.

Edited by blahness - 10/10/2021 at 6:49am
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2021 at 8:55am
Hi,

And, so . . .

D09c Hurricane 3 has more spin, D05 Tenergy 05 has more speed. D09c Hurricane 3 is perfect as a FH rubber because you can do some ridiculous 3rd ball attacks due to the huge spin which keeps the ball on the table. Counterlooping is not so easy, you need body involvement in almost every shot (very demanding). Short game and service is a joy with it. 

D05 Tenergy 05 is horrible in the short game, but for chiquita the catapult helps a lot in generating lots of speed. On BH exchanges the catapult also helps a huge deal in generating dangerous shots with very little movement. Especially if you block powerloops back it's likely to be a winner due to how fast it is responding to incoming power.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2021 at 4:11am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

And, so . . .

D09c Hurricane 3 has more spin, D05 Tenergy 05 has more speed. D09c Hurricane 3 is perfect as a FH rubber because you can do some ridiculous 3rd ball attacks due to the huge spin which keeps the ball on the table. Counterlooping is not so easy, you need body involvement in almost every shot (very demanding). Short game and service is a joy with it. 

D05 Tenergy 05 is horrible in the short game, but for chiquita the catapult helps a lot in generating lots of speed. On BH exchanges the catapult also helps a huge deal in generating dangerous shots with very little movement. Especially if you block powerloops back it's likely to be a winner due to how fast it is responding to incoming power.

Thanks.

Lol.....can't argue with that!
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2021 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

if you dont plan to boost go for 09C…05 needs boosting to show its characteristics. It’s almost unplayable out of the pack

D05 is softer and bouncier so not understanding why that would be. Also, I hate new rubbers as they feel stiff and lack feeling, and yet somehow 05 right away was like the best FH rubber I'd ever used. Soft, supple, super spinny, high throw, not bouncy, and just enough power to put away some balls. A couple months later it doesn't feel as soft or magical anymore (do they factory boost?), but still it is a great FH rubber. Too high throw/arc and a little slow for BH. The only other Dignics I've meaningfully tried is D80 which is decent on BH but didn't feel special to me in any way.
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2021 at 1:18am
When you play with new dignics 05 out of the pack, without booster the rubber feels completely dead, you net a lot of balls and it’s so rigid you barely feel the shot…after 1-2 layers booster it becomes much more elastic and the effect lasts forever. 
The dignics professionals receive are already factory boosted, what they sell to us mortals is a good rubber but it needs to be treated on the sponge. 
Without booster i don’t see the point to buy a dignics 05,64,80…there are many cheaper and valid alternatives.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic