Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Hybrid K3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2021 at 8:40am
Xiom Tau & Tau II, Palio Thors.

I really like Nittaku Hurricane Pro Turbo Blue & Orange (not ESN obviously), but they are stupid heavy. I am going to try them in 1.8mm next to see if that saves enough weight to make them useable. I don't think you need much sponge thickness for those given the hardness of their sponges, plus I mainly brush loop. 

*Update* 1.8mm NH3PT Blue & Orange on a 90g blade still comes in at 206g glued, so you only save around 5-6g vs 2mm. The low weight of Hybrid K3 is a massive advantage it has over rivals, even if it isn't 'sticky' and is closer to D05/D09 than H3. My team mate is using K3 on his forehand and I have never seen him be more consistent and he seems to have less trouble returning spinny serves than when he used MX-D before. 

Edited by MydasDiablo - 10/27/2021 at 8:35am
Sponsored Links

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 4:35pm
Wanted to know if this is factory boosted and loses its tuner effect after something like 1-2 months? Or is it more like the Dignics 05 sponge which maintains its performance for a long time?
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 4:59pm
Was about to ask a similar question. Do you add a couple of layers straight out of the packet?

Have a sheet coming for FH and views would be appreciated. 

Edited by ghostzen - 11/21/2021 at 6:07pm
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 6:12pm
I concluded the final testing of my sheet today and to me, it is a huge disappointment. After about two weeks it lost its tightness and its qualities faded away. I have not tried Dignics 09C but I managed to compare it to one of my teammate's T80 and they are lightyears apart.

It was a clever move from Tibhar to bring it out this time of the year after baiting the audiences by dragging out the market  launch. I have tried it on a Viscaria: there was no real spin difference compared to a Bluestorm Z1 or Z2. Then I put it on a Boll Forte OFF- but the end result was the same.

In brief, my take is that it is absolutely not worth the money. If you are into true Chinese rubbers, the K3 is very far from it. At the same time, it does not do anything better than any recent ESN rubber (Bluestorms and the likes from other brands).
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I concluded the final testing of my sheet today and to me, it is a huge disappointment. After about two weeks it lost its tightness and its qualities faded away. I have not tried Dignics 09C but I managed to compare it to one of my teammate's T80 and they are lightyears apart.

It was a clever move from Tibhar to bring it out this time of the year after baiting the audiences by dragging out the market  launch. I have tried it on a Viscaria: there was no real spin difference compared to a Bluestorm Z1 or Z2. Then I put it on a Boll Forte OFF- but the end result was the same.

In brief, my take is that it is absolutely not worth the money. If you are into true Chinese rubbers, the K3 is very far from it. At the same time, it does not do anything better than any recent ESN rubber (Bluestorms and the likes from other brands).

Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!
-------
Viscaria

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 2:21am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!

Yes, I have found it to be so.

I am curious as to what other members have experienced. I know my review is very abrupt.
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 5:54am
so i guess it's like the mx-p...the booster starts to lose its effect after a few weeks. 
Honestly i played in the past with mx-p and the rubbers were still going strong even after 2 months. 
Then it's up to you if you prefer to play with a fresh rubber sheet every month or so...
truth is probably the 95% of people on this forum (me included) are not even capable of exploiting the full potential of this kind of rubbers and would benefit more by playing with slower equipment

Edited by timoboll89 - 11/22/2021 at 5:55am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 6:30am

I am curious as to what other members have experienced. I know my review is very abrupt.

Damn if that is true, I'm sticking with tried and true Dignics....
-------
Viscaria

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:10am
My K3 arrived today so will get chance to have a hit in a few days. Also give a sheet to a mate as well to try. Sounds like to give it some longer life a fair bit of boosting will be needed...

Edited by ghostzen - 11/22/2021 at 8:13am
skv_lviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:22am
2 weeks so far: 3 training sessions and 1 competition. Hopefully it won't start loosing its qualities in a week or less, that would be a huge disappointment
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 9:23am
Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.

My 09c lasted almost a year with only minor degradation in performance.... It is really something else altogether. I'm trying out K1 plus now and it's amazing out of the packet but I feel like I'll probably go back to 09c if the performance deteriorates after just 1-2 months, ironically that makes it even more expensive than 09c....
-------
Viscaria

skv_lviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 1:49am
I haven't played with a rubber that lasts longer than 3 months at least since 2008 (don't really remember how it was with a speed glue, but I suspect that it was the same up to 3 months that time too). Haven't tried too many different rubbers, and most of them were ESN, but there was T05 as well. Topsheet is usually still fine, but sponge is dead (maybe except H3 neo, but I didn't like it that time, so I still replaced it after 3 months). I don't believe that I'll be able to play D09C for a year. 6 month sounds possible, but currently K3 doesn't make me want to try something else. And if K3 will be able to keep properties I like in it for at least 3 month, then I'll stick with it on my FH for long. I wish it was a tiny bit faster, but not that critical, especially on a FH side.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:27am

Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

My 09c lasted almost a year with only minor degradation in performance.... It is really something else altogether. I'm trying out K1 plus now and it's amazing out of the packet but I feel like I'll probably go back to 09c if the performance deteriorates after just 1-2 months, ironically that makes it even more expensive than 09c....
For me it's 80 euro (£67.5) per dignics vs £26.5 per rubber with 4 K3 and 4 MX-P.

I prefer to have a newly factory boosted rubber every 2 months (I'm rather addicted to the out of pack tensor effect), than change every 5 months for dignics

Personal preference as my level is similar, if that makes sense
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:34am
£26.50 a sheet is good. Where are you getting that from online?

Cheers
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

£26.50 a sheet is good. Where are you getting that from online?

Cheers
Tabletennis11

4x MXP (4 for 3), 4x Hybrid K3 (30% off)

Comes to 200 something Euros, divide by 8 and convert to GBP ;)

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:22am
Cheers nice one. Thanks

Edited by ghostzen - 11/23/2021 at 10:23am
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2021 at 5:14am
Originally posted by skv_lviv skv_lviv wrote:

I haven't played with a rubber that lasts longer than 3 months at least since 2008 (don't really remember how it was with a speed glue, but I suspect that it was the same up to 3 months that time too). Haven't tried too many different rubbers, and most of them were ESN, but there was T05 as well. Topsheet is usually still fine, but sponge is dead (maybe except H3 neo, but I didn't like it that time, so I still replaced it after 3 months). I don't believe that I'll be able to play D09C for a year. 6 month sounds possible, but currently K3 doesn't make me want to try something else. And if K3 will be able to keep properties I like in it for at least 3 month, then I'll stick with it on my FH for long. I wish it was a tiny bit faster, but not that critical, especially on a FH side.

SKV,

One of my local TT buddies is a good level amateur player and simply LOVES the K1 (sry, not K3) and it is one of the most controlable rubbers he ever played - everything there for spin and feel.

K1 lasts him MONTHS and MONTHS. I can use K1 on BH in any hardness - Euro or Plus or Pro. For the money a very worthy rubber usable on both wings.

Edited by BH-Man - 11/25/2021 at 5:17am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2021 at 8:28pm
I read that Dignics 09c Has the worst durability, I mean IT is designed to be backhand rubber= less energy is involved on shots
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2021 at 3:12am
dignics (all dignics) must be the most durable rubbers i tried so far…
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2021 at 3:45am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

I read that Dignics 09c Has the worst durability, I mean IT is designed to be backhand rubber= less energy is involved on shots

Dude, 09c is specifically designed as a FH rubber lol
-------
Viscaria

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2021 at 10:17pm
Anyone tried K3 on an innerforce blade? Feels nice on my treiber CI
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
skv_lviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2021 at 11:59am

I didn't notice drop in catapult. Vice versa, I feel it got faster after ~6 training sessions, flat hits/smashes and blocks became a little bit better than at the beginning. Not sure whether spin got worse, but spin/speed ratio slightly changed due to speed change. Today is 1 month since I switched to it, still happy with it, despite it feels a little bit different.
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2021 at 6:29pm
After hitting the practice tables pretty hard... 2 weeks plus in and quite a few sessions on the table and must say pleasently surprised by this rubber. It's definitely very positive on loop drives and nice grip on the spin ups from slower balls. 

Durable so far with very if any signs of wear. 

Hopefully the feeling lasts... Fingers crossed! 

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:34am

After hitting the practice tables pretty hard... 2 weeks plus in and quite a few sessions on the table and must say pleasently surprised by this rubber. It's definitely very positive on loop drives and nice grip on the spin ups from slower balls. 

Durable so far with very if any signs of wear. 

Hopefully the feeling lasts... Fingers crossed! 

Told ya! What blade?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 6:57am
TB ALC. It's actually better after a few weeks than out of the packet as it gains a bit of speed.
skv_lviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:53am
After ~ 6 weeks I guess I'll change my mind and join those who say that it looses its qualities quite fast.
First 4 training sessions were like: somewhat slow but spiny rubber, I felt that I lack some speed but that I simply cannot miss any ball
Then like 3, maybe 4 training sessions I felt like it became faster and that I can spin like it was in celluloid era with speed glue, or like when I tried Tenergy 05 back in 2008 (if I remember its release year properly). That feeling was ideal to me, I could overspin any of my regular opponents simply due to this rubber, people started making mistakes on my topspins not due to placement or speed, but due to spin much more often.
Now like 4-5 training sessions later, it got a little bit faster, but I don't feel that spin potential anymore. It feels like it is simply hard grippy rubber, nothing extraordinal. It is still good, it is fast enough, it is quite spiny, but not that ideal like it used to be 2 or 3 weeks ago. And that makes me think about trying some other hybrid rubber in a couple of months or about trying booster, just to see whether it will restore anything in this rubber (or in my impressions)

P.S. Maybe it doesn't hold a ball as long as it used to be, but it still can lift it a little bit, I would say even higher than when it was brand new. 

Edited by skv_lviv - 12/10/2021 at 8:00am
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by skv_lviv skv_lviv wrote:

After ~ 6 weeks I guess I'll change my mind and join those who say that it looses its qualities quite fast.
First 4 training sessions were like: somewhat slow but spiny rubber, I felt that I lack some speed but that I simply cannot miss any ball
Then like 3, maybe 4 training sessions I felt like it became faster and that I can spin like it was in celluloid era with speed glue, or like when I tried Tenergy 05 back in 2008 (if I remember its release year properly). That feeling was ideal to me, I could overspin any of my regular opponents simply due to this rubber, people started making mistakes on my topspins not due to placement or speed, but due to spin much more often.
Now like 4-5 training sessions later, it got a little bit faster, but I don't feel that spin potential anymore. It feels like it is simply hard grippy rubber, nothing extraordinal. It is still good, it is fast enough, it is quite spiny, but not that ideal like it used to be 2 or 3 weeks ago. And that makes me think about trying some other hybrid rubber in a couple of months or about trying booster, just to see whether it will restore anything in this rubber (or in my impressions)

P.S. Maybe it doesn't hold a ball as long as it used to be, but it still can lift it a little bit, I would say even higher than when it was brand new. 
I use 1 medium layer of seamoon national yellow to revive over the weekend.

Magic trick that manufacturers hate me for
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:50pm

TB ALC. It's actually better after a few weeks than out of the packet as it gains a bit of speed.
Nice I am using on viscaria, switched to T64 bh as mxp topsheet *too* stiff

Your backhand rubber?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 7:58pm
A German Timo Boll style spinny player in the usatt 1900 told me that his Vega Europe on his TBS feels exactly like T64. Assuming you tried both, is it true in your experience?

Edited by stiltt - 12/10/2021 at 7:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic