Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia/Euro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia/Euro
    Posted: 11/13/2021 at 4:49pm
Hello folks,

to my surprise, I couldn't find any reviews for Jupiter 3 Asia or Euro on the forum, therefore I can contribute with my brief review of Asia-version, 39 deg, on a blade with thick Hinoki top ply (Zetro Quad.)

Out of the package, it was very slightly domed, so it's obviously been factory-boosted a bit. The top sheet is VERY tacky, on a level equal or very close to a regular Battle II I once had.

Before I began trying the rubber out, I expected it to be pretty dead even though the blade adds some significant bounce to rubbers, but it wasn't like that. The tack indeed helps with short game, otherwise there's a surprising catapult effect there, and overall the rubber is really fast! 

The behavior resembles very much these modern hybrid rubbers. I used Golden Tango PS and Rakza Z on this blade, and I can say this one is faster than both, even faster  that the boosted GT PS, although it appears tome that it is easier to handle than both rubbers in comparison. The way it behaves resembles
the Joola rubber more as it has some typical Chinese traits (brushing the ball adds speed although direct hit impact speed is also high; different trajectory when brushing), and the ball trajectory when not brushing is somewhere between the mentioned rubbers, while the brushing trajectory gets closer to Rakza Z (significantly higher and shorter trajectory than of GT PS,  while increase in spin appears to also make the ball dip suddenly in the final part of its flight.) Brushing is easier to do in comparison due to the strong topsheet stickiness. Mechanical spin seems to be decent, but the spin from brushing is heavy! If you manage to get a good brushing contact and solid motion, I dare to say it tops the spin of compared rubbers by a significant amount.

Another comparison to mention is with Jupiter 2 rubbers. I had a moderately boosted 38-deg version on this blade, and it was pretty different from J3. Definitely slower, a very pleasant, linear response, topspin ball trajectory low but very safe thanks to a sudden ball dip at the end of opponent's side of the table. I didn't feel much dwell, which could be caused by a pretty thin layer of a relatively low-viscosity glue, althought the rubber sheet wasn't very tacky compared to J3, too (moreover, stickiness seemed to gradually disappear despite regular cleaning.) For that reason it was very difficult to brush the ball well and add some rotation. Without brushing, there was very little spin; brushing literally solved the rotation issue but, again, it was difficult to achieve it wit the bounce that Zetro Quad produces. The best trait of this rubber was its specific, pleasant feel that somehow enables very, very high amount of control.

Jupiter 3 Asia 39 is definitely much tackier than J2 38, while cleaning preserves it, it doesn't seem to go away. The rubber definitely isn't linear as it's comparison, but it isn't really difficult to control. It is much faster and it is much closer to modern hybrids. In short game, the two rubbers were more or less equal in the control aspect. J3 Asia appears much spinnier and also easier to produce spin on most types of strokes.

I have also some experience with Jupiter 2 in 39 deg, although not on the same kind of blade. It was much tackier than 38 deg but the tackiness was wearing off very quickly and then the topsheet just lacked grip.. the feel was different, the response much less linear, perhaps similar to J3, which, however, appears to be just better.

Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia seems to be a big improvement over  Jupiter 2, and it can actually compete with and perhaps even outperform some of the latest generation non-Chinese hybrids. A very pleasant surprise to me.

Would someone like to share their experience with Jupiter 3 Euro rubbers?

Sponsored Links

Drunk_Mangix View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drunk_Mangix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2021 at 1:53am
Just brought Jupiter 3 Asia for a few days,i‘m a freshman, i’ve been using hurricane3 before this,totally attracted by its package.
Yinhe Pro-01 CS

Jupiter III FH

Mercury II BH
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 12:20pm
have you tried it yet?
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 3:43pm
i've tried a 38 deg version, red color. Come with much less tack than the black in 38 deg. And, to my disappointment, the tack wears off quickly, the some way it always did with Jupiter 2 I had before. Slight tack or no tack left, the top sheet is still grippy but it also appears to be very hard as it takes good effort to dig I to it so you can actually loop consistently - at least in a blade like Zetro Quad. Hence, always in position, solid brushing  stroke or really powerful fast 'Euro'-style looping stroke, or the ball shoots off low and long - in the net or off the table.  It's sad because 39 deg version, which is really sticky, works definitely better. Yes, I know it was not meant to be a bouncy 'Euro'-style alternative but even J 2 worked better. It is possible, though, that this  J 3 will be just fine, even great on blades with a hard upper ply. 

waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2021 at 6:22pm
Thanks for the review! After seeing good reviews coming out of China, I ordered a sheet of 38deg Asia back in October and am still waiting for it. I am currently using Jupiter 2 38deg and have similar feelings to you about it. Serves and pushes are spinny, but when it comes to forehand topspin, without a full-arm brushing stroke, the spin is pretty weak. I was hoping for something spinnier with more catapult, and it looks like J3 fits the bill perfectly. 

How's J3 mechanical spin vs. Rakza Z? I am also considering Rakza Z in case J3 is not spinny enough for me. 

P.S. I created a listing for Jupiter 3 Asia on Revspin a few weeks ago. Feel free to post your review there too :) 
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2021 at 6:55pm
Regarding 'mechanical' spin, I think the rinciple.is roughly the same with all typical Chinese-style rubbers - they simply need to be boosted. Well-boosted J2, with the tackiness almost completely lost, that I used long ago had a surprisingly high trajectory and strong spin, but still needed a significant effort to get the power out. Expect roughly the same but with more power potential and perhaps a longer trajectory with J3. 
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2021 at 8:06am
so, boosted J3, especially after the tackiness all but disappears, plays very much like not really bouncy Euro Rubber with a hard topsheet. Compared to that, J3 with 39 deg hardness was significantly more powerful and also with quite some catapult straight off the package, despite heavy tackiness, although I'd say it plays a bit more like a.typical Chinese-like rubber, compared to 38 deg version, which means speed.and spin going  up when you swing more forward. But you get a very good speed and decent spin when swinging with a compact upwards forehand stroke. 

If you like the benefits of Chinese tacky rubbers, you will like J3 more than Rakza Z. But If you'd prefer a Euro-style rubber with tack, go for Rakza Z

Anyways, please write about your own findings here.
waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 12:05am
I finally got my Jupiter 3 H38 in the mail. It weighs 66g uncut with the two plastic protectors. The sheet I received has 免灌 stamped next to H38 on the sponge. I believe that means 'not necessary to boost'. Kind of weird since I haven't seen any photos of Jupiter3 with that stamp. 

Anyway, I'll try to glue it after my tournament next weekend and see how it is.  

Edited by waingro - 12/10/2021 at 12:20am
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 4:43am
I think the J3 38 do. I have used was not boosted as well.
Did you get yours in black color?
waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2021 at 1:56pm
Yes, Black for forehand. 
waingro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote waingro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2021 at 11:46pm
Jupiter 3 ("J3") H38 Black is 48g cut to my Yasaka Goiabao (5-ply wood OFF), which is about the same as Jupiter 2 H38. Like darkmoor said, J3 is way tackier than J2. It is similar to Hurricane 3; it can pick the ball up off the table. 

After 1.5 hours of training today, I can conclude J3 is a HUGE upgrade from J2. It is much faster. The top-end speed is similar to Vega Pro, which I used in a tournament 2 days ago. The power on FH loops is deadly. Mechanical spin is slightly better than J2. I would rate the control 10/10. I don't really know how to explain it; I just felt like I couldn't miss any shot. And FH drive during warmup felt the most consistent ever for me. Lifting underspin was super easy due to the grip and speed. 

Surprisingly, serves didn't seem spinnier than J2, and were harder to make spin than Vega Pro. I will need to practice using my wrist to create more acceleration. 

As long as the durability holds up, I don't plan on switching away from this rubber. The performance is shockingly good for $17 USD. 

UPDATE: after one month (~25 hours) of playing, 95% of the tack is gone. It obviously lost some spin, but It's still grippy and the topsheet doesn't show any abrasion. I'm totally satisfied with this rubber and have already ordered another sheet. 

UPDATE 2: I got my sheet of Black H37. The tackiness is less than H38; about the same as Jupiter 2. 

UPDATE 3: I got a sheet of Rakza Z to compare. Rakza is slower with a deader feeling, and obviously harder than J3 H37-H38. Rakza Z spin is slightly more on slow swings. Not much difference on fast swings. In my opinion, Rakza Z is not worth 3x the price of J3.

Edited by waingro - 04/22/2022 at 5:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic