Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TT return diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2022 at 8:19am
3 hours today with quite a few players.  For fun I stuck the MX onto the Primorac Carbon.
*the MX-P sponge is developing tiny little cracks in the sponge from pulling it off the blades now....

In order of play:

1. Anakin's dad a SP player... actually last few times (while ago) I couldn't beat his control and positioning of the ball to corners.  This time I beat 2:1.  

2.  Stephen got a game off me this time, can't remember how many we played but I got a few more than him.  

3.  Ken also got a couple of games but I got more off him.  He thought my set up was the best I have used, and he said my FH counter was the best its ever been (ODD!)  I didn't think it was, probably because I did a lot more driving / controlled flat hitting more passively...  Lots of big rallies I was playing from the back of the court.  When I did loop from there it wasn't as good/consistant as with the VErsal, but when they landed with an even lower trajectory and much faster they were insanely powerful...

4. Dennis I surprised myself that I could control loop against his LP all day.  No problems there... just played 1 game after practising and won it easily.

5.  Simon kept going to my FH slowly (not with backspin) and I was not going to just try to win play a control rally with him so I swung full powered and missed 70% of the time... The rubbers are hard enough to get right but with this blade looping low balls over the table all kept going long off the end.  Just not enough spin to bring them down... grazing uses so little of the blade anyways... but it just sucked.  Beat him 3:2, but I probably got 30% of my points from my serves.  

---

I trully believe the primorac carbon feels perfect with these hard MX rubbers.  There is a logical feeling to the angles and catapult, and I missed much less when controlled more passively shorter strokes which still send the ball back fast enough...  But looping on both sides felt labored, and felt like I was straining muscles / ligaments/tendons?  around my wrist/elbow area.... 

I know the combination is not for me but it is dam fun.  Lots of running around to use it a couple of metres to the end of the court... 
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2022 at 4:38am
Similar day to yesterday...

Mr So the SP guy, owned me today.  I got a couple of games but his constant controlled blocking corner to opposite corner is devestating and I usually miss after about the third shot if I am leading the attack.  If I return weak he does the corner thing where it is attrition of chasing till I end up missing.  

Generally I have chances to win, but I end some how missing shots I shouldn't and he just laps up the points with blocking.  

He actually coaches a few guys at the club too... I don't think for money, and it shows in the way he doesn't rush...  Any how that's hidden experience.  I think the strongest serve against him fast no spin.

---
Played Pete who's been off for a bit.  I remember him from when I first came back last year... I have clearly improved if I look at him as gauge.  He was keen to count games until I shut him down totally, and we just went back to practise points.  I don't think there is a better rubber than MXP on a better blade than Primorac Carbon for the backhand blocking/countering with drive or punch or looping of the opponents attacking power loops, normal loops... 

AND THERE IS NO BETTER SOUND

---
I owned Ken today... I felt I could just close down 90% of his serves throwing him off balance for his own third ball.  I felt my short game really get better... I am getting more used to the rubbers...  I can fish all day long against Ken, and just comfortably loop or drive or punch from a distance when I feel a ball is perfect for a killing.  

---

Spent time with MXP on FH again and I started liking it more and more... I know sound shouldn't be important, but dam it is satisfying to here it click.  Really brings confidence to the memories of the speed glue days... It's like when you here that right pitch you have hit it perfectly.

MXP's weakness on the FH is in very long distance counter looping where it bottoms out more than MXs... 

MXs weakness generally feels hard to penetrate, doesn't have that sound, feels like a Chinese rubber with out the tack, seems to be lower throw hitting the net much more often on the bh.  And just doesn't have that softer rubber feeling when hitting flatter... 

---

If I had to choose to get rid of one these rubbers, it would be MXs...  

Till I went down this train of thought, I was going to probably order a softer S... I think the EL-s probably would not give me that click I'm looking for.   I watched some play of the FX-s and the Fx-P and even though I should lean to more spin, the FX-P looked so much zippier and fun.   

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2022 at 12:07am
Had a few days off to let my body fully recover...  (mostly sore muscles)  but there was a tiny nag in the back of my right shoulder.  

This point is really sore again and made me stop looping big on my BH.  It is a backhand injury in my opinion since doing a big loop makes it really hurt.  I think it is somewhere around the 'teres minor'.

I probably didn't warm up enough but I reckon it is also the added weight of the Primorac Carbon with two heavier rubbers that hasn't helped me in particular.  And repetitive BH big looping adds up.  

I also tried going back and forth between using that set up and my ishlion Hurricane 8/old d09c.  

I was focussed on the differences of the FH rubbers only especially nearer the table.  H8 vs MXs in particular.

To be honest, I have to do quite careful loops with both rubbers, being mindful of the impact that the carbon will kick and of course worse on the PRimorac carbon which is fast as F*&^.

H8 wins on control, and spin easily.  Mxs in getting it back on the table with a drive and flat shots.

I haven't tried the MXs on an allround blade which was suppose to be one of the blades I took in today but forgot it at home.  I reckon both MX would get all the extra dwell and make them more controllable, but I just don't like the that gluggy feeling.  

On the Versal both the MX felt like they weren't penetrating the blade but probably because its so soft and unnoticable.  Whereas the MXP clearly hits into the blade on Primorac... (weird)  maybe its the hardness that is noticable or maybe just the whole momentum?

I still think my theory I posted before = Hard rubber on hard blade or soft rubber on soft blade.  Just feels right and the dwell is equal across them both ways.

---

I must say although I love speed, I'm also a bit tired of shots going long with the faster set ups.  The MX often go long if I do big shots near the table, they are great for short compact drive shots. (but that's boring for me)

Considering also I feel like my arm goes dead I am going to have to go down the light path again and just suck up doing less powerful shots.

---

I noticed a few players today people were using Victas which seemed just as zippy as the MX ...  I highly doubt there is much difference between most of all these porous (tenergy like) ESN rubbers apart from their sponge hardness and pip structure.  I'd probably stick to MX series only because I already know them.  

I think I will stay with Chinese on the FH and a softer *X-P to bring down the weight/density a little more make it easier to keep looping with more full penetration of the sponge at the table.

Will have to stick to the traditional colours.... black chinese and red euro/J

---

The only other option I would consider is T05 on the ishlion with a very very very light BH rubber something ridiculous like F3 bigslam, to bring down the weight and just focus on FH as much as possible.

---

Match play =

played Hugo's Korean partner first time:

we were 2:2 but in the fifth I changed to H8 and didn't go well without being fully used to it again.

Peter is playing better but I could beat him with either blade set up and I was changing each game.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2022 at 4:56am
I know some ppl who rotate from the shoulder who get this pain - it's related to the rotator cuff (ZJK had a very similar issue). I believe it is due to an overemphasis of ensuring the elbow stays in the same position which forces the rotator cuff to take the brunt of the rotation in a more precarious position.

I think most modern BHs (especially evident in Lin Yun-Ju) have adopted more of a lat pull mechanism where the elbow moves to the right and even to the back sometimes during the stroke which I believe to be less injurious to the shoulder. It is very similar to how the lats function in pull-ups which I do a lot of. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2022 at 2:29pm
Yeah I bet it is common for anyone finishing bh loops at shoulder or higher height.  A small compact shoulderless loop doesn't hurt at all...  Being tall would also help here (Im not) especially if I got my feet apart...  Raising my blade above shoulder is where it starts hurting.

Overall I know it started playing the blocker who kept going wide on me... I felt the MXP hard to penetrate enough to get the spin I needed to bring the ball down so over exerted and extended to reach on it repetitively coupled with the heavier blade...  

Hopefully, avoiding higher BH shoulder shots (and my favorite power loop from a distance on the bh) for a month will be enough.  Should improve my FH since I don't get pain from it...touch wood.

---

Having said all this, I reckon if I only played a few matches a week with a short warm up each time, I'd get away with it... I had a big spell of lots of playing recently, and the sheer repetition has enough to hurt most muscles in my body.  Sucks that there is pain to do stuff that is 'good' for you.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2022 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Yeah I bet it is common for anyone finishing bh loops at shoulder or higher height.  A small compact shoulderless loop doesn't hurt at all...  Being tall would also help here (Im not) especially if I got my feet apart...  Raising my blade above shoulder is where it starts hurting.

Overall I know it started playing the blocker who kept going wide on me... I felt the MXP hard to penetrate enough to get the spin I needed to bring the ball down so over exerted and extended to reach on it repetitively coupled with the heavier blade...  

Hopefully, avoiding higher BH shoulder shots (and my favorite power loop from a distance on the bh) for a month will be enough.  Should improve my FH since I don't get pain from it...touch wood.

---

Having said all this, I reckon if I only played a few matches a week with a short warm up each time, I'd get away with it... I had a big spell of lots of playing recently, and the sheer repetition has enough to hurt most muscles in my body.  Sucks that there is pain to do stuff that is 'good' for you.

It actually depends on the elbow positioning imo. You can finish high safely as long as the elbow is much more to the right relative to the body. In my experience that is much more healthier for the shoulder than keeping the elbow too close to the body (it's something to do with the shoulder being more vulnerable to impingement issues when the arm is raised above the shoulder)
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2022 at 2:32am
In my case, I was looping while reaching wide left and wide right, a lot of out of position...  chasing the blocker Ouch.

Another day I made myself not play...  But at least I spent an hour trying to get the glue gunk off the Versal.  Dam nasty sh*&t.  Such a fibrous blade with no sealant.  

Other thing, I thought I was about to receive a new H8 37 degrees black.  Only to see that they are out off stock - cancelled my order....

Same old thing where my Ejing choices get changed not by me but stock.   Glad because I was changing my mind about it.

Glued the MXP onto the versal and just put my least used chinese rubber H2 38 black.  Practised serves at home for a while and just some bounce the ball off the ground and then loop onto the table, with it.  And a few just loop off a bounce on the table.  Focussed on short BH stroke loop.

Weird, MXP can quite easily hit into the wood with timing, and noticable enough that it does go to the wood.  I am addicted to this rubber in particular.  I just don't think I have played with anything like it.  

There's no rubber that I remember to really capture the speed glue effect as well.  (minus some spin) but close to it as possible.

The hurricane feels, sounds and plays rather boringly compared to it.  And considering I'm never going to put in the time to train to use it as it was designed to be... I'm kidding myself to use Chinese rubbers.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2022 at 3:41am
Yeah out of position shots are the easiest to get injuries imo.... That's why I don't like the mid distance game and have always been shortening my strokes so that I can take balls earlier. I very much prefer to be the blocker moving the opponent around rather than vice versa
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2022 at 4:47am
Yeah Blahness, today I played much more at the table doing exactly that, having to use no shoulder in any shots, compact controlled and on the table.  

---

reverse today I spent ages at home trying different rubbers on all wood blades.  

1. I felt I found driving with the H2 with some fade from a distance is shot I have never focused on but was cool...  but this is a side topic because I didn't stick with it.

---

At the club I spent 2 hours playing with my all round grubba 5 ply and the MX x2.  I was trying to use the MXP as much as possible to see if I would get the FX-P or not.  

I still could beat Ken and Dennis with my injury and I did have a bit of a go at trying to FH counter loop from a distance.  Ken was beating me with dignics 09c and carbon blade though.  I was surprised that my MXP was overshooting when I tried put full power into it and it was not feeling like it was bottoming out on the all wood...  it felt good.  I just think the dwell and the high spin was getting me.
I could win those rallies easily by just driving more into the counters though....

---

I was worried that I'd make a mistake buying the Fx-P today but after the practise it was the same reasoning:

Drills are great to use hard rubbers and when you are perfectly in position and perfect techinique.  

In real match play not being able to penetrate the ball is a real problem.  So I bought and glued the fx-p and kept the MX-p on the other side.

Wow.  Control level just went through the roof, not crazy bottoming out soft JUST RIGHT...  no crazy unexpected catapult....  

And I'm so happy I went for the P and not S (which was so hard to choose between)  because the spin is way dam enough from the dwell.  I felt no slipping...

I felt forgiven many times by both the rubber and the blade.  

The FX-p was causing the same kind of errors from my opponents that I got from MX-P = there is a bigger spin variation, so some blocked long or into the net....

---

I got some counter looping on FH with the FX and it doesn't feel slow as in I couldn't take an attacking position from a defensive play from far back from the table.  It actually felt spinny and fast enough to winning a formula....

---

Sure I need to play this more, but I was finding that I was preferring the FX-P over the MX-P on both sides....  

---

I fell into a new kind of groove for service return, I felt the FX-P really helped with taking the serve late falling lower than table height and could easily spin it up nice neat and low over the net...  

Short elbow and wrist was enough to dig in.  

---

I'm guessing a few weeks till I can really start looping hard again....  due to this injury... till then I'm learning to move my feet more and be compact.

---

EDIT: Most the FX-P play was in a match against 'Uiii'  (who beat me closely last time) I beat him 3:2 similarly this time, but started rolling through him once I found my groove on service return.  I found the FX-P much better at service return against harder serves..... (less wild catapult) :) 

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/20/2022 at 5:08am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2022 at 4:29am
I must say it's pretty embarrassing how much of an equipment junkie I have become again.  Spent a great deal of time thinking about and checking reviews before going to the club.  

Same as yesterday, I played 2 hours with what I had.  FX-p and MX-P, making sure that I liked the Fx-P more before buying a softer rubber.  In the end, all I felt was better about MX-P for me, was when I got back away from the table and used it with 60% power in a controlled drive.  Especially beneficial on my backhand....  And I felt I still could do spinny loops with the softer FX-P... so neither of my hardly worn at all MX series are my first go to set up.

Ouch waste of money? but how would I know with out trying it myself.  Maybe in a year or so my skill level will improve and they might just need a bit of booster to reactivate them...  

So what changed in me to go from all my cheapest rubbers ...?  I stopped drink booze, and feel justified in that I will go crazy if I don't find some other pleasure principle outlet.... 

I mean I was so dam close many times to just buy that T05 recently, but I'm not quite there yet to find something that I will want to replace at that price....  

I had a dream to find my perfect rubber.  

---

So after all my researching and umming ahhhhrrriiiing I thought this was not the most manly of choices, not respectable, but I don't care.  For me the change from MX-P to FX-P was mind blowing, and of course I would still think but what if I dropped another few more degrees!  What if.???  

Would sound even more like speed glue?  Would it spin up even more?  Would it land on the table more with all that combination?  Woud be lighter too?  

F*&^k YES!  

I bought 1 Rasnter R37 and absolutely love it on both sides of the blade. and no I am not going to buy 2.  But probably will buy another further into the future though.

My FH and BH are more consistant with r37.  It screams with more spin and lands on the table more and for people who say its slow??? sure it's not a catapult like the evolution series, but the spin and the way it stays low.

The ball penetrates into the sponge immediately and there is no slip... 

Service is insane.  service return can loop in super low and after the bounce it dives like hell.

---

I have not had enough time to get used to FX-p but for now if I have to put it somewhere in my game it will be on the BH because I can drive with more speed further back from the table and be a bit more punch/drivy near the table.  

---

Fx-p now feels more like tenergy/butterfy with that older school tougher top sheet that you need to get through before it kicks into a slingshot.  Where as R37 feels like speedglued spin bomb at any penetration...  

Andro have bloody nailed this rubber.  I feel like I got all the spin that I kept going to the Chinese rubbers for, but now with the ability to flat hit, and with the sound I love.

----

I feel I have finally found the setup that plays as I want.

This EJ monkey has gone to heaven.  Can't wait till my muscle injury has gone so I really spin and drive and punch both these rubbers to their limits.  

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/21/2022 at 4:30am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2022 at 11:16pm
Had a couple of days off hoping to get the injury to go away but its still there today.

So I still can't do my full backhand to really use either of the new rubbers properly.  

Hard to make a full decision about the best blade for them as a result.  Still, the all round blade felt better for looping than the Versal...  I don'tlike  the FL of the versal and it's about 8mm thickness.  Just bugs me.  I think I can handle a heavier (not more than 80g) blade as long as it is thin and has a solid ST handle.

The game score against Eric today I beat him 10:4... but I started off very poorly... At the start it was like 0:2 then 1:3 so I would have lost a best of 5.  I struggled against his long fast topspin/side/low amount of spin serves that I usually can BH rip into... I also hit the net against his bh which seemed to be zero spin much of the time.

It's so hard trying to keep a compact bh, it's not too hard with r37 near the table... Fx-P requires a full finish so it doesn't catapult out long.  they are almost opposite in this regard when away from the table, just r37 requires a bigger action to get it back.

Not much else to report... just frustrated I can't do my big BH.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/23/2022 at 11:24pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2022 at 2:15am
Last night, finally my daughter enjoyed playing table tennis again (after I forced her to play = she won't of her own free will).  Hopefully, I keep her that enthused and keep filling her with praise which seems to be the key... 

For me it is essential because she is a pretty dam good blocker, so gives me really good controlled slower rally practise... this is something I just don't get with many players until it is high pressure moments.

Today only played a bit over an hour with Eric.  He beat me 2:1 with a 11:9 decider.  This is the frustrating thing for me, he hardly ever gives me chances to practise FH in point practise mode, and FH warm up he just keeps belting the ball so I have pretty much to practise looping against attacks only...  

I am still not at home with the new rubbers probably because I can't help but twiddle them and they play so well for different points still.  They both are very bad at the short game (too bouncy) worse than the MX and much worse than Chinese)  The worst shot for me is the FH flip..

1.  FX-P is more stable by far for more passive blocking short rally.  And has the kick ass power punch.
2.  r37 when I get it right is more dangerous in the sidespin looping department or off the table counter loopin with my bh.  My arm is still holding me back but I'm either getting better or I'm getting better at avoiding the shots that really hurt.

I have been looking for the right blade still.  

I've been finding although all the offensive blades are fun, and easy to use for some things, they lack a hell of a lot of feeling.  

Hence I have gone down the all wood / no balsa / not offensive route.  

All these rubbers and even the Chinese ones that I have been mucking around with again all play so much better on 'cheaper' all wood blades... Obviously the power punch or flat hit defensive return is better for the carbon stuff... but as far looping and control.... all wood and it feels good....

Some how my mind never cared about feeling.  It was all about speed/weight ratios and how they play in the type of game I want to play.  

I really hate all the blades with FL handles... sadly that is most of what I got (often because that's the only way I could get them.)  The ST handles all just feel better, probably because of the blade balance with more meat or maybe I just like the unforced way to the grip the blade and the angle.

Of Straight handles I have at home:

1. Michael Maze = probably the best (PRO style) blade but it's a bit on the heavy side and although its thin the ALC dampens out a great deal of feedback.  It's in the off category.

2.  Stiga off clasic = ticks all the boxes as far as flex, feeling, not too heavy, thin about 5.5mm... actually reboosted a H2 on it and put MX-P on the bh... Very nice.  Sits in the hand like magic, although I wish stiga didn't hollow out the handle... feels like they did because it feels airy instead of solid as I want... (I want to take this to the club and try it out.)  I was practising flat (with a drive) hitting again with the H2 and keeps surprising me how it seems this the way the Chinese use it often.  (something I hadn't tried till recently. = euro rubbers are so dam fast they go long as hell)  It would make it so much easier to hit higher balls like this then constantly loop graze killing.

3.  Butterfly grubba variant All round.  This I have already tried with the rubbers and I had tons of control, so I might go back to it.  It is pretty soft, has a tiny bit of flex, is medium to thin in thickness.  Still want to try something with more flex.

---

Currently I like the stiga classic the most, but haven't played against the crew yet.  And I want to trial it with H2 since during my trials I never did use this blade.

---

Finally I have been on the look out for the thinnest all wood blade, to just trial how all these super fast rubbers would play with maximum dwell/flex.  That search is heading into unknow defensive land blades for me which is probably a bit on the crazy side.  Especially after all I have said about trying to fish the ball back being so easy away from the table with the big carbon blades.

Still if I don't like it as a main blade, I want to try LP &  SP on it that I have aroud the house for fun.  They seem much more managable the slower the blade goes.  

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/26/2022 at 3:48am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2022 at 9:43am
2 hours with Radi today.  

I kept alternating between 
1. MXP H2 stiga off classic & 
2. FXP r37 Versal

For the life of me I can't decide on which is better.  And there are recombinations for future possibly.  

With both I played very similar quality and focussed on using a convential grip and FH flat/drive mostly.  Really enjoying this style of play, and I am seeing improvements.  I was only looping up if the ball fell lower.

1.  Is more stable, more gears but harder work. My serves are noticably more viscious.
2.  Can be a struggle to do simple stuff I take for granted like blocking, but is quicker, much faster in the FH slap and I flat smashed many winners off of her smash (me back from the table.)  The clack is awesome!

Just played a best of 5 at the end, won 3:0.  

---

One thing I have been noticing is that MXP has more of the speedglue sound (not the clack into wood) than any of the new rubbers.  Probably because can graze it more to get the ball going forward, where as the softer ones like to get into the wood a bit earlier.  I did get one awesome screech out of the r37 in a counter loop...

Don't think I'm going to go to bother with the def blade idea... the grubba or the classic are better than anything else for now... and I have searched the internet everywhere.  

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/27/2022 at 5:02pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2022 at 4:42am
Bummed out today.  I finally worked out my life schedule to be able to start fixtures this season, only to discover I was to late, they start tonight!  Anyway, just the fact that I was going to go into serious competition made me really think hard about if I am super serious about playing and wanting to win with which type of blade/set up will I feel more confident.

Spent a lot of time doing service practise today with some occasional bounce the ball and then loop it or hit it.  I also finally got back to using 'contact' clear adhesive coverings for books... to both protect and clean my Chinese rubbers.  The difference is insane.  How do you clean something that is tacky?  With something that is more tacky!!!  

Anyhow.  

I must admit just from the above types of practise that I am starting to hate the Versal and these soft rubbers for many things but mostly I think anyone can imagine something very bouncy and very light, and much of it all ends up super fine angles make super big differences which is a bit illogical to the human way of doing things.... 

And sadly, I'm finding the Chinese rubber (now much tackier again almost like new) the harder much lower catapult sponge + the slower wood blades 100% control.

If I were going into competition I would have to play with something that is stable and as controllable as possible.  

---

So the Versal is out again for sure.

---

So I compared Chinese rubbers for service on both the grubba all and the classic...  The slower I go with the blade the more viscious the spin, simple as that.  Similarly, for the bounce the ball at knee height and try to return it with as much sidespin topspin.  Dwell and Flex.  

---

If I had to compete right now.  

I'd choose the grubba + Hurricane 38 degrees (doesn't bother me which) + MX-P

---  

I just find that the most stable for now + the most spin on serves + and still fast with minimal effort on the bh.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/29/2022 at 4:58am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2022 at 4:28am
3 hours today with Shaun. 

I kept switching between:

1. stiga classic off + Hurricane 2 38* + MX-P red
2. grubba all + Hurricane 8 39* + r37 red

I am not sure why I found r37 having the feeling of I can loop everything the first night I tried it.  It clearly is not as spinny as I thought.. probably because I am mainly using hurricane on FH again.  

For me which hurricane I used is not where the differences felt to be.  They both felt better than anything else for almost everything except for KILLING FH loop against topspin and smashing..... (the bane of my existence)  

I must admit I slowly fell more for the extra control of the ALL... even though there were a few times I struggled to get the ball to the table... if I was at the table the ALL just felt like I could be forgiven for more and I could just put things anywhere I wanted.

MXP felt more stable for blocking and driving (all more passive)
r37 was the exact opposite.  It excelled at the active full BH loop (and my injury is almost totally gone!)

Obviously there are cross overs getting MXP right is almost unreturnable for the opponent.  r37 is way more spinny with side spin but easier to block otherwise.

---

I have been struggling with both the rubbers for service return but r37 sucks unless I guess the angles perfectly against the weird spin... seemed rare .

Where as a few times I twiddled to use the hurricanes on the BH for service return and instantly had copious amounts of control again.... (Yet I am not going back to them on bh... )

---

I absolutely had a smile from ear to ear with the ALL and the hurricane for most of our practise.  It just did everything I told it too.  I know it's limits (it has seemingly endless gears)  I just have not mastered the kill shot against a fast topspin.  Instead I either drive those back or fade them = avoid the equator of the topspin coming at me but still put in as much effort to make it difficult for the opponent.  

Fully topspinning a loaded topspin just heads loops over my opponents head :)

Somehow I remember that exact shot is what tenergy 05 on the ishlion excelled at but landed on the table.... It's the hero shot that I miss.  But there is so much other fun had with the hurricanes.  

---

I did a few effortless chops with the hurricane too (didn't try to do it more than that) and also sidespin chop blocks.... I mean the spin to speed ratio just allows so many shots when you are not obssessed with maximum speed being done by a catapulting rubber.

---

Pushing most pushes back with the tensors were on the table but they are 1 dimensional... usually landing near the baseline.... with the hurricane / ALL blade everywhere becomes yours.

Same as blocking.  Loop with speed with my BH moving the player back only to get a super short FH block with the Hurricane... that's pretty dam handy.

---

Serving angles are very extreme too.

---

I know I like the 38* for all of this... softer makes it easier to dig in on lower impact... but I'm wondering if I went to 41* would I have more control in those topspin to topspin kills?  Basically forcing me to not be able to dig into the sponge as much and that way keeping the ball trajectory lower?  It all does my head in.  When the tackiness gets dirty I have the mechanical to help me...  And most the time if I am not being able to dig into the full sponge why bother with lugging it around... why not just get a hard thinner sponged tacky rubber...?

Surely a very soft blade would add just as much vibration/dwell as that unused portion of rubber.   

Or maybe that hardness of the sponge is there to make sure that there is minimal time spent in the sponge....  Or just help on smashing or when hitting flat from a distance on rare occassions....

---

Some how I skipped over trying Hurricane III at its hardest version.... the one the pros usually boost is 42* supposedly....  boosted in softness down to about 40*  which kind of equal the euro 50* sponges the pros tend to lean to.

---

I don't want to end up chasing a Ma LOng Jike etc set up.... 

I actually think I am becoming much more of a defender these days but I don't want to use LP.... or go to some silly thickness sponge.  I want to keep the options open and create more spin than most people can in my fishing.  Lots of weirdness please.  LOts!  

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2022 at 8:22pm
I spent a great deal of time researching and going backwards and forwards about ordering this blade.  Finally pulled the trigger.  

$100 delivered.

walnut veneer and the thin Limba wood veneer
4.9mm 77-83g

I like how you can listen to the blade on the Andro site: andro.de/en/timber-5-def#:~:text=Timber%205%20DEF%20%7C%20Andro&text=TIMBER5%20DEF%20is%20the%20blade,and%20support%20the%20ball%20feeling.

It's going to be medium hard, flexible, not balsa, thinnest blade I have held... Incredibly spinny and of course SLOW.  I believe it will be a work out and make me improve my stroke because if I don't stroke the ball it's not going anywhere.  LOL.

I have almost every type of blade at home.  The fastest, lightest, pro stuff, and I have had a couple of defensive blades that I destroyed hate the balsa in them...  At that slow the blade has to be decent wood to feel the vibrations logically...  

This is far from the lightest blade I have had.  Even if it is 77grams I want there to be weight in the handle to form a better balance (hopefully it is 20g more in the handle.... most light blades are way over the top with light handles especially considering I use double MAX rubbers.

---

I also ordered 2 sheets of HUrricane III not NEO but in the new packaging... ordinary orange sponge.

red 38*  = ordered red because I have to pair something with my black MXS & FXP - also although I tried 35-37* with those 3-50 sponges (I ended up hating) = 38* is the softest of the normal.  I want to revisit the softer h3 ones in case it was just the sponge variety that I hated...  And also I now know how to boost well to get them pumped with tension.

Black 41* = the hardest I can get in the commercial.  This is the one I most want to try especially on the DEF 5.  The hardest sponge on the softest dwelliest blade.  More EJ land stuff....

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/30/2022 at 8:29pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2022 at 11:43pm
lol you're completely back into EJ'ing! 
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2022 at 6:31am
Don't I know it!  I could have just bought 2 Tenergy 05s and used my old blades easy :)

EJ land...  but since using 05 so many other rubbers came out.  One thing I would not do is EJ with topend products.  

Most of the rubbers have been like $30 max same as the last 2 I just ordered.... (my kid is using some of the original buys that have zero tackiness now) and I am still using H2 and 8 versions that are still looking decent on the surface)  4 x $60 for the tensors (all still very good for playing on bh, will get more mileage out of everything I have bought.  I rekon the Versal would suit my kid.

Sadly, I just got an email saying straight handle is out of stock for the DEF 5... I don't want FL... This has happened to me too many times and I just bought the FL version and said the same thing NO.

EJing is for when you are not playing competition in my opinion.  And I'm stuck till next year and damit I am pretty convinced 2023 is the real year for a come back.  I refuse to pay a year of state membership $120 to only get the remaining part of the year to compete... IT is bs that needs to change in QLD.

Anyways... I have some old tenergy lying around and I have swung away with them recently... The 25 is probably the least used and still has enough grip to remind me why I miss tenergy.  The 05 I literally boiled and ironed to get the topsheet off still plays well but is practically anti spin on the surface.  As long as you play it more like a tensor it is pretty dam good...  Would be funny to have anti spin when playing flat and still loop well when digging in. LOL

I'll probably buy a sheet of 05 when I sign to play competition.  Till then experiment with the cheap stuff..  

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/31/2022 at 6:34am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2022 at 7:48pm
You should try D05 too which I feel is even better than T05, better control and more spin. Tbh it's pretty hard to beat D05 as a rubber. It's long lasting, generates a shit ton of spin and is so strong in looping and chiquita. The only thing it's really bad at is short pushing, it's really difficult to short push serves without underspin without popping them up... (Or maybe it's my lack of training - I see Harimoto and Lin Yun-Ju short push with D05 BH without any issues at all!). But saying that, tacky rubber is really a cheat code for short push control...

Edited by blahness - 08/31/2022 at 8:20pm
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2022 at 11:36pm
D05 might be better or a costly regret.  Would be great if I met someone using it to give it a spin.  I do that with players briefly... 09c new is nice for sure, tried new sheets of it, and also I know how it feels to play against it.  In the hands of someone who knows its fast and spinny.  The tempo of the game can be oh f*&K move back.  In my situation where I only can compare in memory, I prefer the feeling of the softer sponge of 05.  

---

TODAY WAS PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME I FELT I WAS PLAYING LIKE I DID AT MY PEAK!

Not in game scores.  In game scores I probably played worse than I have in a month.  

Radi came to the club.. I don't remember exact game numbers but we were even or she may have won a couple of me more.  

Yusuke is playing much better more dangerous once he attacks than he used to but I still could beat him.  

Shaun got a lot more games off me especially toward the end.

Simon or Sam can't remember the name, might have got a game off me for the first time in months.

Nick is pretty average usually so nothing to report beating him.

----

But the key difference was that I was just focussed on killing everything on both sides.  And I was.  

---

I used for 3 hours non-stop playing the grubba Hurricane 8 + r37.  

I finally was ripping into both wings full force on any shot possible.  Lots of spraying but by the end I was in the zone totally.  Been so long but I finally could counter loop full powered topspin at me with all my strength totally back and land them monstrously.

WHAT A F*&KN RELIEF!!!!!

This shot has been eluding me for a year.  

The key for me to do it is:

1.  hold the handle just slightly off the normal centre grip toward the FH, and slight MORE away from the neck (definitely not my choke grip for controlled shots).  Basically just have to believe in the full arm, full out stretched extra racket speed in the head possible and throw everything into it.

Anything less than that it just won't spin enough to do that insane arc bomb.  It is riskier but the only way.

2.  Less important is the height that suits me for this to happen... Being a shorter guy makes it harder once its a bit higher.

---

My backhand was at times crappy but kept improving over the 3 hours till I found I could pretty much hit the perfect angle repeatedly.

---

Now, there were times I could be blocked still but I'm not budging on losing any control I have finally found here.

Most of playing partners know my serves really well, so I ended up serving easier ones most the time because I wanted simple predictable returns to practise my kills.  

kill kill kill it I did.  

---

The main thing to worry about is when playing like this... I reckon injuries will be close by...

---

About the bad shots.

I missed a good amount, but everyone of them I felt I knew why.  Some shots were my angles, I was jammed/position/footwork.  Some I need to wait a touch and not rush, others you have to be on point.

But the key is I feel like I'm finding the GOLDILOCKS zone.  

---

Today was a great day.  Lots of amazing rallies from close and far from the table.  It's hard to give up the r37 for one particular reason:  it counter loops right off the bounce so well and quick....

--- 

Every bit of equipment has positives and negatives.  At times I felt my set up was slow at others when I played my full shots they were blitz because the spin to speed ratio was perfect.

---

The BH sound on the grubba is lovely.  It is a deeper guitar like tone that is everyshot.  

The Chinese rubber is boring mostly, but I did manage to smash through a few times to get to a clear wood tock sound...  and I heard the most beauitful 1mm zzzzzzzzzzzzz graze sound on it from low near at the table big loop....

---

All up there's nothing I need to change about the set up today even if I played worse on the score cards.  Who gives an F.  

I had a lot of people watching on I noticed... so I must have been more entertaining that the usual control to win style.  Cool

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 08/31/2022 at 11:47pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2022 at 7:12pm
Yeah sometimes I go into this spectacular shotmaking style, but i think it's actually usually a worse style than the control oriented style unless you're playing a really higher level player which you want to have a chance at upsetting (playing safe against those players will achieve nothing) :D but hey making outrageous shots is cool af and definitely attracts more spectators haha....
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2022 at 8:31am
There are two sides to that theory though.  Fake it till you finally make it.  Do the stuff that is riskier till they become normal part of the repotoire.  

---

3 solid hours with Ting tonight.

AWESOME AGAIN.

---

Today spent over an hour trying to prep up a red Hurricane 2 but failed to glue it to the blade.  The baby oil turned the old glue into gluggy snot.  then I cleaned it all up and tried again to no avail, to late.  I still took it clamped to the club and got about 5 minutes out of until it peedled off.

I had the grubba carbon 5mm which is really super thin top veneer/thin carbon and then thin middle wood.  I wanted to try the MXS again which is black.  I wanted to retrial it because I spent so little time with it on backhand.  My theory at first trials was it was more tenergy like, more chinese like so it ended up on FH.  I also said that it was out of all the rubbers more predictable in how it played - which I saw as a negative.  Now with the new light of finding the r37 great at some things at the cost of basic kind of blocking control and bit too bouncy at the low end it is worth going back to the more 'predictable' at least as a trial for a bit.  

In the short bit of backhand play I found it played lovely, did everything.  Of course MXS doesnt excell at what r37 does but sometimes I think a middle ground stability is more important.

The carbon blade was quicker straight off the bat but its not where Im heading.

---

So again I'm comparing the two other blades I had set up.  

I started the night with the stiga classic off for almost an hour and when I changed to the grubba all wood I instantly knew I have found a better blade.  

---

The grubba handle is absolutely perfect.  The shape is fuller and slight more rectangular and it is more 'solid'.  Oddly although it is ALL and the stiga is OFF the grubba felt more full (hard to explain) more soft but kind of stable and rebounding sweeter?  can't explain.  But I have no question in my mind anymore at all.  

The grubba is superior.

It's softness is perfect for the bh loops with the r37, just perfect on active shots all night I must of looped 90% of serves (yes Ting served to my bh repeatedly) so after 3 hours I was pretty sore but grooved that shot well.  He doesn't serve the super fast ones Eric does, so I'm not out of the woods yet.  

---

I didn't go insanely over the top tonight with FHs probably because Ting only went there when he thought I wouldn't reach.  

But I'm still super ecstatic that I have found the perfect set up that I trust my FH to land in the big counter and it did repeatedly tonight.  They are pretty much unreturnable when I land them.  And I pretty much only missed ones that not in my zone.  The ones that came nearish or into it were probably the most beautiful arcs I have ever produced in my table tennis counter looping life.

It's like I finally am getting for the first time an understanding of all the Chinese pros productions I have watched and now understand them first hand.  Endless amounts of spin.  

---

I will never get near their ability to do those shots with the offensive blades because for me the stiffness of the carbon lowers the spin and trajectory making a much smaller window.  

---

Although I tried Chinese rubbers long ago I never understood how to use them.  I tried to perservere in one period but gave up after I just played absolutely crap with them.  

I must say this return to TT in the last year, I gave them the longest period ever.  Pretty much a year with Chinese it took till they started feeling more normal on my fh than the 3 evolution rubbers and the rasanter.  I didn't give ESN much of a chance compared, but I think at the end of the day, Chinese rubbers if you can master them are ultimately superior in gears.  

NOt saying I have mastered Chinese rubbers.  But I do feel like I have opened up the door to being able to loop kill as confidently as I did with tenergy 05.  I am on the cusp of this iceberg tip and just feels so good to rip it.  To feel you can hold the ball, and there is catapult it just is different, it's right where it needs to be and the blade does the work too.

---

I know my bh is really strong, and now my FH can make opponents pay for attacking me especially when I'm away from the table.

---

My biggest holes right now are hitting higher balls on my FH because it is usually backswung to produce the loop graze.  I need to work on how to change to hitting those higher balls with this tacky rubber when they bounce up high.  (not lobs)  The fast attacks that don't realy lower after the bounce.

The other hole is my elbow area.  I have been pulling off some sweet FH sidespin chop blocks that are pretty cool because they tend to make the opponet go straight to my waiting FH kill.  But I got stop being so flat footed and move the feet then shoot.

---

The service return hole I have currently feels predominantly equpment.  The r37 is just too soft for some types of shots.  

---

All up great practise.  And I should also say I'm proud of myself to give Ting another go.  I was in two minds after our first play when we met.  He seemed a bit rusty and I thought he might not be too serious about it.  But he has played a few times since and can hold his own in every department.  We didn't play games at all.  But absolutely had tons of great rallies and amazing kill shots both ways.

---

I feel like I have returned.  I called this my TT return diary kind of because I never felt like I had got back yet.  BUt I feel like I'm looking over the hill now.  I feel like I have found as much of my game as I'm gonna get in big chunks.  Now I got those spots of just small incremental improvements to make.  Keep tweaking, keep believing, keep loving the sport and not giving up.

---

TT rocks!

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2022 at 4:02am
Felt bit tired heading into the club today.  

Had a quick hit with Dennis LP man with the mxs and h2 still came off the blade again...

I was looking forward to playing Ken again.

WOW he has really improved.  I got no warm practise with anyone with topspin so he beat me 3:2.  

Hats off to him, his FH was fast and spinny and his bh was tight.  

I was quickly feeling I had nothing happening.  My fh wasn't waking up, I tried but it seemed he was beating me with topspin and speed each time I was about to go for it.   Lost the first two games by just trying to get to fhs in particular to no avail.

and my bh sucked with the r37 again.

---

Beat UI about 4:3 in games.  Half way through I got so frustrated missing with the r37 simple stuff I just swapped to the MXP blade and played much better.

I felt I reached a frustration level with not being able to stably fish from a distance and even controlled blocking / passive drives were just way too off.

---

Once I change blades that much it is not going to be great either side.  My FH was pretty average so I just focussed on familiarizing myself much longer with the MXP.

I am going to cross of the r37, just as I did the Versal blade from now on.  Into the cupboard for a rainy day in the future.

The MX both felt much more stable and sure I missed some to the higher power but I probably won a hell of a lot more powerful shots too, ones that were more devestating.  

---

Played Ken again and beat him 2:1 with the MXP.  I reckon I started playing a bit more touch shots and positioning in adition to my BH being better again.

---

Finished with about an hour with Yutta who I did not lose a game too.  I pretty much destroyed her in games.  In the past I used to lose to her, sometimes beat her and then generally be roughly 5050.  Shes the soft sp fh with inverted on the bh.  

Although by FH was generally there to fish with a few occasional good shots.  It was primarily my BH with the MXP that really was on que.

---

had a quick couple of games with Yuki and usual, I could close him down with touch.

---

Overall, felt pretty flat and not really up to the task of working on full powered FH since didn't have a chance to hone it in with some rally practise.  

bla bla... should give TT a little rest 

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 09/03/2022 at 4:04am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2022 at 4:34pm
This post is going to be about researching 5 ply all wood.  I'm mostly interested in similar to grubba variant softness but I'm not obssessed with thin blades anymore.  Probably the opposite, I think I need more speed in flat hits but still wanting to keep to the same compositions of soft wood just something a little more solid.  Probably 6mm on the heavier side and probably classed more as an OFF-.  I want limba in the top ply somewhere.

I'm not interested in balsa or anything listed as def or all- in the title.  I also like HInoki.  Not interested in insane priced Butterfly/nittaku etc.  Stiga tends to hollow out the handle which is a big let down to what I call feeling and balance.  Should be obtainable in Australia or cheaply.  Neotec is not.

According to Firetrack: Butterfly Grubba Variant: Limba - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Limba

Anegre:

A light-tan hard wood native to Africa, yellow aningre is the ultimate control wood; providing a soft feel on contact, this wood is favored by many all-round styles of players; it is mid-hard, solid, and non-elastic; being waterproof, it is mostly used as surface veneer; Grubba Pro blades use yellow aningre wood for the outer and secondary plies.

Abachi is probably similar enough to Ayous or Samba:

Abachi, Ayous and Samba are all the same species, but are from different parts of Africa.
Soft, tends to tear easily in thinner plys; mainly an outermost ply wood, pairs up well with many woods; it is a lightweight, flexible wood that is excellent for close-to-the-table counterdrive play.

Kiri:

Also known as Paulownia, Royal Paulownia, Princess Tree, Empress Tree.
Kiri is the Japanese name for Paulownia.
A light weight, soft but torsionally stiff type of wood, mainly used as core veneer. (Almost every Butterfly table tennis blade that is made in Japan has a Kiri core.) More durable, heavier and harder than Balsa. (This is one of the main reasons why Butterfly blades are heavier than other manufacturer's blades.)

Tung:

The wood of the tree is lightweight and strong, and is sometimes used as a substitute for balsa, kiri or basswood.

Walnut:

Dark coloured wood that is fast, hard and expensive; outer ply material; pairs up well with a soft core.

ply + grams + mm thick (if given)

YasakaExtra5850.0AnegreLimbaAyousLimbaAnegre
YasakaExtra 3D5856mmAnegreLimbaAyousLimbaAnegre
These are probably closes to the grubba variant but in reversed top plies.

only in FL $70 at OOAK

$60 at table tennis world https://www.tabletennisworld.com.au/blades/blades-shakehand-all-brands/yasaka-extra-3d-blade

It is classed as allround+ though and I'm not too sure about the high amount flex with those cuts which seem stupid to maintaining the fibre feeling coming to the hand.

CornilleauGatien Crown ALL+5855.7AnegreWalnutAyousWalnutAnegre

CornilleauHinotec ALL+5850.0HinokiLimbaAyousLimbaHinoki    
CornilleauHinotec OFF-5856.2HinokiLimbaAyousLimbaHinoki    
XiomMagellan5760.0HinokiLimbaAyousLimbaHinoki

All+ at BTTA but not ST $57

CornilleauHinotec OFF5850.0HinokiLimbaKiriLimbaHinok

NittakuAcoustic5885.8LimbaLimbaTungLimbaLimba    
NittakuTenor5926.0LimbaLimbaTungLimbaLimba

DaweiGenote Quattro A+5870.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
DaweiQuattro Allround Limba5850.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
DonicWaldner Allplay5850.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
DonicWaldner Black Power5856.6LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
NeottecMagic Control5850.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
SpinLordUltra Allround5780.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaAllround Classic5855.1LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaAllround Evolution5850.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaAllround Oversize5900.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaAllround Wood NCT5820.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaEnergy Wood5820.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaTube Allround5855.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
StigaTube Offensive5920.0LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
TibharDrinkhall Allround Classic5855.6LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba    
XiomOffensive S5876.1LimbaAyousAyousAyousLimba

AdidasC3005800.0LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
AndroLigna ALL+5850.0LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
DonicOvtcharov Dotec ALL5806.4LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
DonicOvtcharov Dotec ALL+5806.4LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
DonicOvtcharov Dotec OFF5806.4LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
JoolaFlame Extreme5908.4LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
NeottecRevolution5830.0LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba    
VodakTrifid ALL5785.6LimbaAyousKiriAyousLimba
donic off has the silly handle = https://www.justtabletennis.com.au/product/donic-ovtcharov-dotec-off/

flame extreme sounds good but listed at revspin as Limba (0.8mm), Awan (1.0mm), Kiri (4.8mm)
$80 FL at OOAK but its probably too fast?  

DonicPersson Powerallround5805.8LimbaLimbaAbachiLimbaLimba    
NeottecVoodoo Classic5875.9LimbaLimbaAbachiLimbaLimba

OSPVirtuoso5865.8LimbaLimbaSambaLimbaLimba    
OSPVirtuoso+5850.0LimbaLimbaSambaLimbaLimba

AdidasChallenge Force5866.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
ButterflyAdolescen5900.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
ButterflyPetr Korbel5895.9LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
ButterflyPrimorac5865.7LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
ButterflyZhang Yining5920.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
DonicAppelgren Allplay5800.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
DonicWaldner Senso V15855.8LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
DonicWaldner Senso V25855.8LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
Galaxy/Milkyway/YinheM-45900.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
JoolaK55850.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
TibharStratus Power Wood5856.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
XiomMaximus OFF-5856.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba    
XiomOvid ALL+5856.0LimbaLimbaAyousLimbaLimba

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood  = $75 can get straight handle from OOAK (everyone says the head is a bit bigger than usual which is a bummer for me.  Looking at addidas which I can get for $65 the head looks a bit smaller than usual (I remember owning some andro blades too...)  I'd prefer smaller.

AndroKinetic ALL+6800.0LimbaLimbaAbachiAbachiLimbaLimba

From: https://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/compositions-des-bois-de-raquettes/374/173

Butterfly Alan Cooke : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Adolescen: Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Agnes Simon : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly A. Grubba All+ : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Alex Ehrlich : 5 ply Basswood (tilleul)
Butterfly All Hinoki 5 : 5 ply Kiso Hinoki (cyprès japonais)
Butterfly All Hinoki 7 : 7 ply Kiso Hinoki
Butterfly Allure : saule - Carbon - saule - Carbon - saule
Butterfly Allways : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly American Style : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Amultart : Hinoki - Zlc - Kiri - Zlc - Hinoki
Butterfly Balsacarbo X5 : Basswood - Carbon - Balsa - Carbon - Basswood
Butterfly Balsacarbo X3 : Limba - Carbon - Balsa - Carbon - Limba
Butterfly Berczik : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Biside : Limba - Arylate - Limba - Abachi - Limba -Arylate - Limba
Butterfly Blaszczyk Off : Koto – Spruce (épicea) - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Börzsey : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly B. Steger: Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Boll Forte : Limba - Limba - SBC Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Combi : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Compara : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Clarty : Koto - Limba - Kiri - Limba - Koto
Butterfly Cresail : Planchonello - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Planchonello
Butterfly Cryptate : Planchonello - Koto - Kiri - Koto - Planchonello
Butterfly Cutlass : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Defence : 5/3 ply saule (willow)
Butterfly Defence II : 5/3 ply saule
Butterfly Defence III : 5/3 ply saule
Butterfly Defence IV : 5/3 ply saule
Butterfly Defence alpha : 5/3 ply saule
Butterfly Defence Pro : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Defence X : 5 ply saule
Butterfly Desmond Douglas : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Diode V : Planchonello - Koto - Abachi - Koto- Planchonello
Butterfly Dr. Simon : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Dvoracek : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Elegance : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly English Style : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Ethel: Limba - Carbonlaminate - Balsa - Carbonlaminate - Limba
Butterfly Firehand : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly French Style : 3/5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Gergely 1. Version : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Gergely : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Gergely 21 : Hinoki - Carbon laminate - Kiri - Carbon laminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Gergely alpha: Hinoki - Carbonlaminate - Kiri - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Gergely Tamca 5000: Hinoki - Carbon laminate - Kiri - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Grandis : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Grubba original: Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Grubba Carbon: Anigre - Carbon - Abachi - Carbon - Anigre
Butterfly Grubba Pro: Anegre - Anegre - Abachi - Anegre - Anegre
Butterfly Grubba Softfeel : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Grubba Variant : Limba - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Limba
Butterfly Guo Yue : Limba - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Limba
Butterfly Guo Yue Special: Limba - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Limba
Butterfly Hermoso: Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba * Limba
Butterfly Holycrown : Limba - ULC - Limba - Kiri - Limba - ULC - Limba
Butterfly Hüging Defence : 5 ply saule
Butterfly Innerforce AL: Limba - Limba - Arylate - Abachi - Arylate - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Innerforce ALC : Limba - Limba - ALC - Abachi - ALC - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Innerforce ULC : Limba - Limba - ULC - Abachi - ULC - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC : Limba - Limba - ZLC - Abachi - ZLC - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Innerforce ZLF : Limba - Limba - ZLF - Abachi - ZLF - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Iolite : Hinoki - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Hinoki
Butterfly Iolite Neo: Hinoki - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Hinoki
Butterfly Ishlion : Hinoki - ULC - Kiri - ULC - Hinoki
Butterfly Jonyer-H : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Jonyer Hinoki Special : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Jonyer S : Basswood - Hinoki - Hinoki - Hinoki - Basswood
Butterfly Jonyer-ST: 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk : Planchonello - Koto - Abachi - Koto- Planchonello
Butterfly Jun Mizutani : Limba - ZLC - Limba - Kiri - Limba - ZLC - Limba
Butterfly Kazan : Hinoki – Walnut (noyer) - Balsa - Walnut - Hinoki
Butterfly Keen Off : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Kenny Pro : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Kenny Style : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Keyshot : Limba - Arylate - Limba - Kiri - Limba -Arylate - Limba
Butterfly Keyshot alpha: Hinoki - Arylate - Kiri - Arylate - Hinoki
Butterfly Keyshot Light: Abachi - Arylate - Kiri - Arylate - Abachi
Butterfly Kiso Hinoki V: 5 ply Kiso Hinoki
Butterfly Kiso Hinoki VII: 7 ply Kiso Hinoki
Butterfly Klampar : Hinoki - Carbonlaminate - Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Klampar-H : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Klampar S : Basswood - Hinoki - Hinoki - Hinoki - Basswood
Butterfly Klampar-ST : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Kong Linghui : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Kong Linghui Special : Cypress - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Cypress
Butterfly Kong Linghui Premium : Cypress - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Cypress
Butterfly Korbel MagicHand : Koto - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Koto
Butterfly Korbel Sk 7: Limba - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Limba
Butterfly Korbel Speed : Koto - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Koto
Butterfly Korpa : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Kreanga Aeros : Limba - Limba -Glasfiber - Abachi - Glasfiber - Limba -Limba
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon : Hinoki - ULC - Kiri - ULC - Hinoki
Butterfly Kreanga Off : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Kreanga Powerspin: Noyer - Abachi - Noyer - Abachi - Noyer - Abachi - Noyer
Butterfly Kucharski : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Kumpuru: Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Abachi
Butterfly L. Blaszczyk All : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Legout Off : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Legout Performance : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Liu Shiwen: Limba - Limba - Zlf - Abachi - Zlf - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Matsushita Pro alpha : saule - Arylate - Abachi - Arylate - saule
Butterfly Matsushita Pro Model : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Matsushita Pro Special : saule - ALC - Abachi - ALC - saule
Butterfly Maze Passion : Limba - Glasfiber - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Glasfiber - Limba
Butterfly M. Maze: Limba - ALC - Limba - Abachi - Limba - ALC - Limba
Butterfly Maze Debut : Limba - Koto - Abachi - Koto - Limba
Butterfly Mazunov : Planchonello - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Planchonello
Butterfly New Leather : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Oberon : Hinoki - Carbonlaminate - Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Oh Sang Eun : Koto - Koto - Abachi - Koto - Koto
Butterfly Orlowski : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Otilia Badescu : Koto - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Koto
Butterfly Panic 1. Version : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Panic : Basswood - Basswood - Abachi - Basswood - Basswood
Butterfly Paulownia : Hinoki - Meranti - Kiri - Meranti - Hinoki
Butterfly Phalanx : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Phalanx II : Koto - Koto - Abachi - Koto - Koto
Butterfly Primo Powerfeeling : Limba - Abachi - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Abachi - Limba
Butterfly Primorac : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Primorac EX : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Primorac Carbon: Hinoki - Carbonlaminate - Kiri - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Primorac SBC : Limba - Limba - SBC Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Petr Korbel: Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Photino : Hinoki - Zylon - Kiri - Zylon - Hinoki
Butterfly Photino Light : Hinoki - Zylon - Kiri - Zylon - Hinoki
Butterfly Power Drive : Hinoki – bois de rose - Abachi – bois de rose - Hinoki
Butterfly Power Smash : Hinoki – bois de rose - Abachi – bois de rose - Hinoki
Butterfly Pulser 1. Version : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Pulser : Cypress - Arylate - Kiri - Arylate - Cypress
Butterfly Quetzal : Hinoki - Carbonlaminate - Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Ranunculus: Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Retriever : saule - Arylate - Abachi - Arylate - saule
Butterfly Reygundo : Hinoki - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Hinoki
Butterfly Schlager Carbon OFF+: Cypress - Carbonlaminate - Kiri - Carbonlaminate - Cypress
Butterfly Schlager Off : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Schlager Precision : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Scorna 1. Version : Hinoki - Carbonlaminate - Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Hinoki
Butterfly Secretin : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Seemiller Autograph/Competition/Professional : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Seemiller : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Senkoh 85 : 1 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Senkoh 90 : 1 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Senkoh Max : 1 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Setaru : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Stipancic-H : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Stipancic S : Basswood - Hinoki - Hinoki - Hinoki - Basswood
Butterfly Stipancic-ST : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Sol Schiff : Anigre - Anigre - Abachi - Anigre - Anigre
Butterfly Spinshot : Koto - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Koto
Butterfly Strave: Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Abachi - Carbonlaminate - Abachi
Butterfly Struse Off : Koto - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Koto
Butterfly Supreme Speed : Hinoki - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Hinoki
Butterfly Surbek : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Surbek-H : 5 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Swedish Style : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Tamaropa : 1 ply Hinoki
Butterfly Tamasu Style : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Tamropa : Limba - Spruce - Abachi - Spruce - Limba
Butterfly Tempest : 5 ply Basswood
Butterfly Tiffara : Koto - noyer - Kiri - noyer - Koto
Butterfly Tie Yana : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Timo Boll Spark : Limba - Arylate - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Arylate - Limba
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit : Koto - Alc - Limba - Kiri - Limba - Alc - Koto
Butterfly Timo Boll T 5000 : Koto - Carbon - Limba - Kiri - Limba - Carbon - Koto
Butterfly Timo Boll W5 : Koto - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Koto
Butterfly Timo Boll W7 : Koto - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Abachi - Koto
Butterfly Viscaria : Koto - ALC - Limba - Kiri - Limba - ALC - Koto
Butterfly Viscaria Light : Abachi - ALC - Kiri - ALC - Abachi
Butterfly Vriesekoop : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba
Butterfly Zhang Yining : Limba - Limba - Abachi - Limba - Limba

I will be updating this.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 09/04/2022 at 7:45pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2022 at 10:20pm
2 things in this post: play and yet another attempted order.

Y
esterday a good day at the club.  

Mostly with Ken, but my game was much stronger.  He was holding back to his own similar over extension type of injury but I still felt I started getting used to the high spin and speed of the 09c coming at me when he did use it.  

Played Spence who I hadn't had a chance to for ages.  I think we were 5050 mostly before but I might have started improving against him till yesterday.  Yesterdayday I absolutely destroyed him.  Countless game after game.  He's a left handed double inverted and he mostly served wide to my fh cross court.  I killed anything with BH very well with the MXP at high speed.  Serves to my FH I mostly just had very tight touch stopping him from opening on anything.  I also got some ripper fhs in off th serves but I found it much easier to do a touch shot first wait for a weak return before giving it full power.  

Also played Vin (Phillipino guy) who I was watching prior out the side of my eye admiring how amazing his shots were until I played him and absolutely closed him down 90% not letting him get to taking a good shot and when he did I was far back counter killing with high precision.  Game scores were rarely past a few points for him.

I also controlled away from the table with ease.  The hardness of the stiga blade does feel easier to BH from a distance with more drive speed but I do feel it is a bit less suited to my FH.  I'd say the grubba is the opposite but can feel a bit slow in the punch from a distance.

In reality I do not find it hard to swap between the blades since they are pretty much the same thickness.  I don't need another blade unless it is a fine tuning of what is working and possibly better in a quirky way... dunno and cheap!

---

Let's see if I get the order for the Addidas blade.  AUD $65 + $10 delivery.  

I read comments somewhere that the handle is bigger and or the head is smaller... the pics of it do exaggerate that but I cant tell which is more extreme.   Hoping the longer handle might allow a looser grip (ie can balance the blade with tiny effort unlike every other blade to date that has double max rubbers.)  Might help in fishing.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 09/08/2022 at 5:16pm
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2022 at 11:03pm
3 hours of play today.

2 hours with Shaun.  My FH seems to be getting worse again, maybe because I keep trialling three different set ups.  I have no glue left to swap the rubbers so if I am trialling its what they are on now till my order comes in.

MXS felt great on bh... finally got the H2 red to stick down... grubba carbon is such a weird blade.
MXP felt great too.

Spent a little time with the grubba to see if my fh would improve with it but not really...  

I generally came out on top with Shaun in a few games toward the end.

---

Last hour played Anakin and Jeff.  

They both killed me.  Basically shut me down and killed anything higher.  Good experience to be put in my place and know what my level is and would be by now if I hadn't stopped playing for a decade.

I had many chances with Anakin but my FH was inconsistant again.  Overshooting as usual.

Jeff just belts the hell out of anything remotely high so I felt pretty out of the game there.  Only thing I was good at was doing backhands that kept clipping the net and flying out.

Anyhow I am glad that they gave me the chance to play them.  I know I have to play faster and more consistant attack shots when given the opportunity.  

---

Will take a day off at least because the front of my shoulder is sore...
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2022 at 4:33pm
So after saying I wouldn't play for a while, I got a call to play fixtures last night.  I had to accept because otherwise I won't get called up to fill in in future.  

Won one, lost 2.

Beat Paul.  The guy I played in practise using 09c.  I mostly won with my bh, serves and positioning the ball in awkward spots.

Lost to JImmy 3:2... Have played him many times in practise and that score is pretty consistant with how we usually played.  

New guy (forgot his name Asian with LP on bh but Chinese grip so he only he used it against my serves) I lost 3:0.

---

NOthing amazing except that I was sleepy as hell, I had something wrong with my eyes, really dry and itchy feeling, drops from pharmacy helped.  

Main thing was my FH was not landing, and I had little patience.  All 3 hit the ball faster with their FHs than I really had a chance to get into a defensive match with.

---

We won the doubles I played in.  I used the grubba r37 for this last match.  And I played much better.  In doubles serves a generally tighter so I won a great deal of points on the returns.

The last point of the match I put the Chinese on (EDIT BH) so I could graze loop better and it worked.

---

Matches under pressure are so different to social practise with slightly lower levels.  I had the feeling in competition that I would be suited better to reversing my set up.... CHinese to receive and the something that allows flat hitting for my fh to just keep it in the game.  Or else I just had no patience to do FHs that were controlled.  I wanted to kill everything and they just landed at a low percentage.

So much to improve on.  

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 09/07/2022 at 1:17am
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2022 at 7:54pm
The new guy sounds like my one of my practice partners. Does he twiddle too?
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2022 at 1:20am
I didn't notice how he used the LP but that he only used it for serve return and only against mine later on in the match.  He played well but I also beat myself against him instead of trying to rally out a few more of the points.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2022 at 2:49am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I didn't notice how he used the LP but that he only used it for serve return and only against mine later on in the match.  He played well but I also beat myself against him instead of trying to rally out a few more of the points.

Lol definitely sounds like one of my practice partners who's an amazing 3rd ball attacker and uses the LPs to set up that penhold FH loopkill.
-------
Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic