Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Cybershape Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

Viscaria is more rounded blade.

OK, that's a start.
We're going somewhere! LOL 

In my opinion, Viscaria is neither hexagonal nor heptagonal, it is more oneagonal.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 1:03am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi, 

Oh, this is precious: The detailed review poster is in the Philippines and the poster has the blade?  The Philippines?

Now it is obvious what is needed for the best understanding: How does it compare to the much-used popular blades like Viscaria and the Timo Boll series.  

The interesting and informative review indicates it is a first rate blade; if so, it is not inappropriately priced.

Thanks.

What has the location have to do with the review?? And yes I have blades from different companies now for 10 years. Why would I compare it directly to a Viscaria if it has a different structure? The Cybershape has an inner carbon layer??
Its is almost the end of 2021 and people online still insert stupid comments. Goodness! 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 2:21am
@yogi_bear 

Thanks for the review, could you also mention about the dwell / spin characteristics of this blade? I guess being an inner carbon blade it would play similarly to say innerforce ALC or hurricane long 5? Also, how does it feel in the short push game (especially with say Chinese rubbers)?
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:11am

Edited by yoyoman - 12/23/2021 at 9:00am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:32am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

@yogi_bear 

Thanks for the review, could you also mention about the dwell / spin characteristics of this blade? I guess being an inner carbon blade it would play similarly to say innerforce ALC or hurricane long 5? Also, how does it feel in the short push game (especially with say Chinese rubbers)?

I have used it with H3 37 and as was mentioned in the review an entry level chinese rubber. It was a Sanwei T-88 that has 2 layers of Seamoon. It dis not feel too bouncy with both Euro and Chinese rubbers. There were times the IF ALC was a bit faster. It ia not picky on rubbers. If you worry about short shots, you will not have any problem with Cybershape. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:33am
Originally posted by yoyoman yoyoman wrote:

I ordered A cybershap blade shape all wood by someone who makes handmade blades.
I just like to have another model / shape blade .
Also because I don,t like playing with faster carbon blade

So you are the one who ordered this from SDC

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 6:44am
Carbonized veneer is the key.
What is it? Well, it is the greatest innovative wooden material introduced by Chinese XVN since 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 6:55am
Reply to yogi bear

I am the second one I think the first one is not me.
If Stiga would have made a cheaper model from normal or 5 or 7 plie wood for a normal price I would have bougt it there.
There is also someone in Turkey *(thats the foto bellow) who made this model. But I did not know about that one.
And by the time I found out I ordered allready the other one.
But I still have about 7 or 8 decent other frames / bats I can use while waiting. :-)

Edited by yoyoman - 12/22/2021 at 12:16am
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2021 at 8:22pm
Isn't it patented by Stiga ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2021 at 4:56am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Isn't it patented by Stiga ?

Website says patent is pending. 
Oliverpool View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliverpool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2021 at 11:36pm
I just tried the penhold version. Its slightly more head heavy then standard blades. But as my blade is 83grams while my normal ones are around 93grams, its still ok.  

Used Dragon Grip on my FH as opposed to my normal H3 Neo 39degree on my Dynasty carbon. And I have to say, the larger sweet spot is very real. It almost seems like you can even hit the ball near the edge and it still feels very much like a normal ball.  I would say its way slower then Timo Bolt ALC and slightly softer/slower then the dynasty carbon.  But still pretty easy to activate the carbon even with a medium stroke. Almost plays like a control blade but faster.  
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2021 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Oliverpool Oliverpool wrote:

I just tried the penhold version. Its slightly more head heavy then standard blades. But as my blade is 83grams while my normal ones are around 93grams, its still ok.  

Used Dragon Grip on my FH as opposed to my normal H3 Neo 39degree on my Dynasty carbon. And I have to say, the larger sweet spot is very real. It almost seems like you can even hit the ball near the edge and it still feels very much like a normal ball.  I would say its way slower then Timo Bolt ALC and slightly softer/slower then the dynasty carbon.  But still pretty easy to activate the carbon even with a medium stroke. Almost plays like a control blade but faster.  

I always mishit the ball in areas with poor lighting, this would probably help me reduce those errors a lot :)
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2021 at 2:29am
I can't help it, I just want to call it the cybersex blade. LOL
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2021 at 3:03am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

I ordered A cybershap blade shape all wood by someone who makes handmade blades.
I just like to have another model / shape blade .
Also because I don,t like playing with faster carbon blade

So you are the one who ordered this from SDC

No, this is my blade at the moment. Have played with it about 5 times now and really like it. 

Might be because this is just a heavier version of my regular blade, might be the new rubbers OR might be the 11% larger sweet spot and knowledge that I'm hitting with Thor's hammer.

Hopefully Stiga will produce some of their classic blades in this shape.
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2021 at 3:26am
BTW the blade shown below is sold by me now to a team mate. Smile
I liked the SDC blade I bought better than the Chinese version cybershape and I can't afford the real one. 

Edited by yoyoman - 01/18/2022 at 2:50pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2022 at 6:45pm
@ Yogi Bear
Some more information, please    
AB = 155 mm
EH = 157 mm

Could you please give us geometrical measurements on the blade, as shown
CD =
Ef =
fg =
L =

Thanks a lot in advance.

yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2022 at 8:03pm
I have the Chinese cheap version all ready here. uploads/39216/IMG_20220104_153855.jpg
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2022 at 8:13pm
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 8:35am
@igorponger

AB= 155mm
CD=134mm
EH=160mm
Ef= 72mm
fg= 91mm
L= 86mm
Lenght of the handle =98mm
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 8:42am

AB= 155mm
EH=160mm

160x155 is a chopping blade size. If they ever release a 7ply version w/o carbon, I should be able to chop with this thing.
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

AB= 155mm
EH=160mm

160x155 is a chopping blade size. If they ever release a 7ply version w/o carbon, I should be able to chop with this thing.

The guy in Portugal where I bought the other one can make it for you.
I have payed quite a reasoneble price for the beatifull looking one. *(check the first page of this subject) that one is 5 ply but he can make it as you like. (7ply or 2 different woods for backhand and forehand 1 side one sort of wood and another kond of wood and carbon on the other side, Whatever you want you can also choose the handles. etc. etc.
One of my teammates is gonna order a fast one with penholder,next month as he has no money for it now. Also because of the different size you cant use old rubbers on it, so you have to buy new rubbers.
I bought mine from SDC 

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2022 at 9:12am

@igorponger

AB= 155mm
CD=134mm
EH=160mm
Ef= 72mm
fg= 91mm
L= 86mm
Lenght of the handle =98mm
Dear Sir,
Your information is very prompting, indeed.

Thanks a lot
Yours gratefully

Edited by igorponger - 01/10/2022 at 9:21am
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2022 at 4:25pm
I didn't read the review, but I really like the Stiga's  "clout"
If Aruna....we would have the same hype with green rubbers because one leg Timo Boll was not hard to beat, shout out LHA Lanak for taking his  "L" 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2022 at 8:37pm

STUOR looks the closest to the original product. I dont bother much about the geometry unless I want to get a real feel of STIGA Cybershape.
ankitduhai View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ankitduhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 2:55am
Now this topic help me a lot to choose one for my self.
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 3:14am
Originally posted by ankitduhai ankitduhai wrote:

Now this topic help me a lot to choose one for my self.

This one is realy excellent, the Stuor i mean

Edited by yoyoman - 01/28/2022 at 3:14am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 8:28am
I had Stuor HL5. It’s just garbage
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 8:50am
if so get the SDC cybershape, I have it now it is excellent 👍
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2022 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

STUOR looks the closest to the original product. I dont bother much about the geometry unless I want to get a real feel of STIGA Cybershape.
Stuor made by igor drinking vodka
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2022 at 6:13pm
my club mates bought some of those Aliexpress copies. The reason they don’t play well is because they were made too thin. 
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic