Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Booster mega test -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Booster mega test -
    Posted: 01/04/2022 at 5:58pm
WD40 is a good booster for Chinese sponges Big smileBig smileBig smile
Sponsored Links

ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Originally posted by ThePongProfessor ThePongProfessor wrote:

Thanks :) I am trying to apply aspects of the scientific method and experimental design in all tests. In a perfect world, I would have experimental set-ups that allowed me to provide quantitative data for speed, spin, throw angle etc...Yeah, it is possible to determine the components of the different boosters. Need to turn it into a research project :) 

Wonderful review. Going to try the yellow oil. What about the durability? I heard peak performance of yellow oil just lasts around 2 weeks. Is that true? 

Hi Guni. Realistically, I simply cannot study longevity of booster effects. Checking longevity for six boosters would take at least half a year (booster effect is likely to last at least 3-4 weeks, which corresponds to a minimum of 20 hours of playtime --> at least 120 hours of playtime. I play roughly 6-8 hours per week at the moment). There is too much equipment to try out, which is why I rarely comment on longevity of equipment unless I play with a blade/rubber myself :)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Awesome review ThePongProfessor!!! Clap

Thanks.

Feedback
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 11:02am
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Thanks for your reviews, ThePongProfessor.
 Which of these boosters expand the rubber most ?

I am not sure, I can answer this question, since I wasn't measuring thickness. I know which ones result in the most amount of doming/curling (part 1), but that doesn't necessarily translate into greater expansion.  

Feedback
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 5:18am
Thanks for your reviews, ThePongProfessor.
 Which of these boosters expand the rubber most ?
Iloveplayingtabletennis
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 2:39am
Why weren't there any professional boosters like TRF, Nittaku Axel Speed, Stiga Extreme in that review?

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 11:44pm
SIN EASY TO DO, HARD TO REDRESS.

You can get motor oil ()those without syntetics) in most of fuel stantions you find here and there along roadways. It is a mighty rubber booster, anyway.
I learned volumes about oil materials and oily boosters, so as to attain specific knowledge and buid up an oil detector. Hunting for boosters is an exciting job, indeed. Is it not?
WE SECURE FAIRNESS.    SIN EASY TO DO, HARD TO REDRESS.

You can get motor oil ()those without syntetics) in most of fuel stantions you find here and there along roadways. It is a mighty rubber booster, anyway.
I learned volumes about oil materials and oily boosters, so as to attain specific knowledge and buid up an oil detector. Hunting for boosters is an exciting job, indeed. Is it not?
WE SECURE FAIRNESS.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 9:51pm
What is it? Make your guess, please.

?size=400x260&quality=96&sign=3b76a7b77d0d1c6360fe5eeac9fe3dd6&type=album

Edited by igorponger - 01/02/2022 at 9:53pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 9:42pm
Awesome review ThePongProfessor!!! Clap
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by ThePongProfessor ThePongProfessor wrote:

Thanks :) I am trying to apply aspects of the scientific method and experimental design in all tests. In a perfect world, I would have experimental set-ups that allowed me to provide quantitative data for speed, spin, throw angle etc...Yeah, it is possible to determine the components of the different boosters. Need to turn it into a research project :) 

Wonderful review. Going to try the yellow oil. What about the durability? I heard peak performance of yellow oil just lasts around 2 weeks. Is that true? 
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 6:48pm
It would be great to know if any of the Chinese boosters contain toxic chemicals.
Although I have tested them for VOCs, thats the limit of the eNez machine I had access to.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 1:44pm

Feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 1:26pm
Wow! I just watched them both and I'm very impressed at the quality testing, no wonder you are a professor, in real life and in table tennis too  Big smile j/k tt is as real as it gets.

You will make the sales of the Seamoon National Yellow go through the roof!

As a university chemistry professor, do you have access to lab equipment to get the list of compounds in the 6 boosters? 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 12:46pm
Hey -

I have tested six different boosters against a negative control (unboosted H3) as part of an article that I have written for Tabletennis11.com (link to the article will be provided when it publishes). Until then, you can get the highlights from this test in this two-part video series. 

I hope you find it useful - Happy New Year,
Patrick

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic