Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative to expensive equipments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative to expensive equipments
    Posted: 06/11/2022 at 5:17pm

VERY CLEVER BUSINESS.
Some of the major manufacturers will make an "unspoken revision" to initial rubber formula for some unworthy reasons. This is no secret any more.
Yes, we have now got some good evidence sustaining the many users' observations, findings and suspicions about the production dishonesty. Most likely, manufacturers deliberately let rubbers to oxidation by excluding some specific ingredients from initial rubber formula. With the obvious intent to get rubber products to only last for a short time. Very clever business, indeed.

https://clck.ru/qMihK

Sponsored Links

arznable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arznable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:51am
Wondering anybody here ordered from TTnPP recently and did receive the products successfully?  I would like to order from them, but a bit hesitate after seeing a few people here didn't receive their products, thanks.

Edited by arznable - 06/10/2022 at 12:54am
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2022 at 8:42am
Hong Kong was on Covid-19 out break. It was certainly impacting a lot of people there.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2022 at 6:21am
Giant Dragon still can process my invoice via Alibaba/ Great products, friendly partners/
davidsyd View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidsyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2022 at 7:58pm
fyi: I have dealt with princett in the pass. But recently he hasn't been replying communications.
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2022 at 6:35pm
I know for a long while they were having issues with shipping due to Covid. They've never been great about timely responses, but in the end I've always received everything I purchased. Wondeful condition and prices, genuine products.
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2022 at 10:49am
I emailed them back in 1/12/2022 with questions about their blades & rubbers.

I am still waiting for their reply.

akapur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2022 at 10:39am
I've ordered from ttnpp a number of times and always got exactly what I wanted. Genuine equipment. Sometimes a little slow but exactly what I wanted.

My most recent order however never got shipped. I was charged via paypal. Then nothing was shipped and no messages were responded for over 3 months. Eventually I had to contact paypal to get a refund.

Anyone know if anything is going on with ttnpp. Still in business? Any secret back-channel to get responses etc?

Thanks
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2022 at 9:10am

Edited by idk - 01/13/2022 at 9:11am
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2022 at 1:26am
Originally posted by sidneyl sidneyl wrote:

Don't even bother buying anything from ttnpp.  Sent them an inquiry 3 days ago and still no reply.  I won't be surprised if there were 'fakes' on this site.

Considering that this is your first time assembling a bat, I would recommend not slandering a shop just because your email wasn't answered quickly enough...
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2022 at 2:09pm
Don't even bother buying anything from ttnpp.  Sent them an inquiry 3 days ago and still no reply.  I won't be surprised if there were 'fakes' on this site.
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2022 at 5:50am

Are there any other places to get used TT rackets (blades, rubbers and etc) besides people posting sales via this forum?  I Google the web and surprisingly, I didn't find any.  If you know online sites and other forums, please post.  Thanks

aliexpress, and ttnpp, prott.vip 
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2022 at 5:32pm
Are there any other places to get used TT rackets (blades, rubbers and etc) besides people posting sales via this forum?  I Google the web and surprisingly, I didn't find any.  If you know online sites and other forums, please post.  Thanks
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 7:49pm
Yinhe Pro 01 will be my next blade.
I´ve tried V14 Pro and it´s nice, but thicker, faster and with less feel than Viscaria. Some say Pro 01 is the closest to Viscaria available.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Giant Dragon offers cost-effective rubber anologues to Butterfly and Neubauer
products. We have got products shipped from Chinese factory store directly/
   SUPERVELOGE 42* = DIGNICS

Be happy

Giant Dragon is DR neubauer "place" to make product, I know it from material wisdom, something like if you are top level EJ and you had both products and you had a lot more with sponges and topsheet and pips, you will feel that. GD is old in terms of technology, that's why DR Neubauer is no more top level seller in pips and antitopspin , thanks to butterfly who destroyed this guy bizness.

https://revspin.net/rubber/giant-dragon-superveloce-v12-fx.html
so it is not "dignics wannabe" you can feel difference in timeline.... 

Dignics is rework of Stiga Mantra with expensive touch it is all about stiffness gluing of topsheet and sponge. When you are Tamasu, you have guys who design bulletproof topsheet which is the worst part of Mantra, and only use part of hardness of sponge, next part is difference in pips weight and height
Stiga Mantra H and Dignics 64 is like brother 
Victas VJ 07 Stiff is brother to Tenergy 05 fx but nobody wants to be part of tester.

and after all Zhang Jike Blue Dragon is the worst blade ever

Edited by andzejgolot - 01/07/2022 at 5:25pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 10:04pm
Giant Dragon offers cost-effective rubber anologues to Butterfly and Neubauer
products. We have got products shipped from Chinese factory store directly/
   SUPERVELOGE 42* = DIGNICS

Be happy
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by ejprinz ejprinz wrote:

The link works, just copy:
into the browser.
Also you can get it at:
Plus shipping. Choose the Air Mail option to the USA, takes about 2-3 weeks.

I don't know too much about Yinhe brand but the price ($usd42) is unbelievable for this blade.

ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 5:50pm
The link works, just copy:
into the browser.
Also you can get it at:
Plus shipping. Choose the Air Mail option to the USA, takes about 2-3 weeks.

Edited by ejprinz - 01/06/2022 at 5:51pm
Yinhe 980XX, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Nittaku Wallest 1.0mm sponge.
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

https://revspin.net/blade/galaxy-yinhe-pro-01.html

as a replacement for viscaria, looks good too 

That looks good?  I get "Ugh. Page Not Found" when I clicked on it.   lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 5:32pm
https://revspin.net/blade/galaxy-yinhe-pro-01.html

as a replacement for viscaria, looks good too 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 11:25am
Yinhe v14 pro is ten times better than zhang jike blue dragon  which is event worse than xvt clone alc 

V14 pro with Yinhe moon medium on backhand and Hurricane 3 neo looks like diamond for not the richest players
For Me  v14 pro with Hurricane 3 neo is nice choice
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 10:39am

Most of the folks here use Butterfly (rackets, tables, balls, cleaners, etc).  
that is unfortunate if you are looking for something reasonable.  you can't get any discounts on Bty regardless of your order total.  Get together with someone to do a larger order that will give you a 25 -30% break  (non-Bty) on  retail is a way to get equipment at more reasonable prices.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 9:37am
For beginner to intermediate levels, stiga clipper with maybe H3 on one side and a non-tacky rubber on another side.

When you reach 2000, play with a Viscaria or BTY zlc, maybe same rubbers.

EJ world is the one that you would try to avoid when you start to try different equipment. 
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 4:11pm
Most of the folks here use Butterfly (rackets, tables, balls, cleaners, etc).  
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 3:57pm

pgpg wrote:

"But what is your current playing level? Do you have rating, do you play in the club etc.? What are you using today? "

I played TT for many years mostly at local clubs.  Stopped for a while due to work relocation and have been playing again for 1.5 years now also joining local clubs.  I don't have a rating but do compete at the clubs.  I'm currently using a Stiga Carbon (pre-assembled) but I'm looking to assemble one myself with the rubbers & blade I choose or with the help from you guys.  Hence my post here.  My playing style is mentioned in above and those are the things I'm looking for.   I know it's hard to ask for advice w/o being able to give a full description since within each brand of blades, there are so many variations.  Same with rubbers.  That's why I'm looking for some help.  

Given that you are playing in the clubs - talk to people there, ask to try their equipment, talk to a coach. Probably a much more practical approach. 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 1:34pm
pgpg wrote:

"But what is your current playing level? Do you have rating, do you play in the club etc.? What are you using today? "

I played TT for many years mostly at local clubs.  Stopped for a while due to work relocation and have been playing again for 1.5 years now also joining local clubs.  I don't have a rating but do compete at the clubs.  I'm currently using a Stiga Carbon (pre-assembled) but I'm looking to assemble one myself with the rubbers & blade I choose or with the help from you guys.  Hence my post here.  My playing style is mentioned in above and those are the things I'm looking for.   I know it's hard to ask for advice w/o being able to give a full description since within each brand of blades, there are so many variations.  Same with rubbers.  That's why I'm looking for some help.  

Edited by sidneyl - 01/05/2022 at 1:36pm
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

How does the FS in this forum work?

Sellers are required to post prices and photos.  Paypal payment is standard.  Often sellers ask for an extra 4% or 5% if not paid as paypal gift.  Some sellers have feedback threads where good (or rarely, bad) transactions can be recorded.  

There are some sticky threads.  Read the Rules for Buy and Sell and PayPal as Gift threads before you buy anything.  

I have bought and sold a lot of stuff here, including a robot for iirc $800.  And I have had zero problems.  But as always when sending money to strangers on the internet, buyer beware.  

OK, so these are just direct/paypal transactions.  This forum merely provides a platform for posting sales.  Thanks
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 12:42pm

How does the FS in this forum work?

Sellers are required to post prices and photos.  Paypal payment is standard.  Often sellers ask for an extra 4% or 5% if not paid as paypal gift.  Some sellers have feedback threads where good (or rarely, bad) transactions can be recorded.  

There are some sticky threads.  Read the Rules for Buy and Sell and PayPal as Gift threads before you buy anything.  

I have bought and sold a lot of stuff here, including a robot for iirc $800.  And I have had zero problems.  But as always when sending money to strangers on the internet, buyer beware.  
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 11:55am

Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

OP,

There's a couple of dozen options for cheap blades & rubbers..  It'd help if you could, either, tell us about your style and level of play, or, let us know which blade/rubber you like, but find too expensive, and we;ll suggest some cheaper alternatives ..

My playing style: attack, power/speed, spin, BH/FH flicks.  Looking to improve my counter attacks on backspin serves both FH & BH.  I typically play close to the table and probably no more than 6FT away from the table.

I'd love to hear some options you have to offer.  I am open to all suggestions.

Thank you

But what is your current playing level? Do you have rating, do you play in the club etc.? What are you using today? Description you gave above can apply to Top 10 in the world, and to a basement player...

Most probably you simply want to grab a Beginner's combo or PreMade Buster from colestt.com and call it a day. 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
sidneyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidneyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

OP,

There's a couple of dozen options for cheap blades & rubbers..  It'd help if you could, either, tell us about your style and level of play, or, let us know which blade/rubber you like, but find too expensive, and we;ll suggest some cheaper alternatives ..

My playing style: attack, power/speed, spin, BH/FH flicks.  Looking to improve my counter attacks on backspin serves both FH & BH.  I typically play close to the table and probably no more than 6FT away from the table.

I'd love to hear some options you have to offer.  I am open to all suggestions.

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic