FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

dignics 05 replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dignics 05 replacement
    Posted: 01/05/2022 at 11:34pm
I'm trying to cut down on my TT expenditure lol. 

So I'm fairly happy with Tibhar K1 Plus to replace 09c - it has a lot of the same qualities (though they are different for sure with 09c having better power in topspins and K1 Plus being better at serve receive and pushing - these advantages/disadvantages usually cancel out in a game imo). 

But on the BH, what is a good replacement for Dignics 05? 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 5:50am
If you like Tibhar you can chose any around 50 degree sponge from the brand.. MXP-50 or MX-D 

Dignics05 hardness is around 50 degree compared to ESN scale. 

Edited by AMonteiro - 01/06/2022 at 6:10am
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 6:03am
DHS GoldArc 8/50º might just fit that particular bill.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

If you like Tibhar you can chose any around 50 degree sponge from the brand.. MXP-50 or MX-D 

I heard these rubbers lose the booster effect after a few weeks and then they play horribly though....
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

How does it compare to Dignics 05? I tried Gold Arc 5 before and it was kinda trash Dead
-------
Viscaria

GrayGhost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 10:37pm
D05 has no replacement from rubbers I’ve tried. MX series is great for a week then mediocre imo.

Surprisingly aibiss boosted with seamoon is the perfect d09c replacement.  I’ll have to give it some more time to see if the boosting lasts. I stopped using H3 due to inconsistency.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 5:47am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I heard these rubbers lose the booster effect after a few weeks and then they play horribly though....

Yes, that's a thing.. almost all ESN rubbers rely on booster anyway.. 

As I boost myself, I don't care.. As far I remember, Cornilleau Target Pro GT X51 hold up a couple of months without massive drop in performance.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by YoAss YoAss wrote:

Not even close. GA8 50° is much softer ans slower than D05, despite being labeled with "50°".
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 7:44pm

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Yes, that's a thing.. almost all ESN rubbers rely on booster anyway.. 

As I boost myself, I don't care.. As far I remember, Cornilleau Target Pro GT X51 hold up a couple of months without massive drop in performance.

I hate boosting so I guess I'll have to continue paying the Butterfly tax smh....
-------
Viscaria

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2022 at 10:23pm
Blah, I was not keen to get my hands dirty either man.  Seriously, I just remembered while I was at the local supermarket to buy some baby oil, and all else is history.  You want a replacement for something great without paying for it?  Then there is only one solution.  Boosting.  If you don't know how to squirt some oil on a rubber and rub it around with your finger, don't worry.  Try a $20 rubber in case you screw it up, and then you will see that any dead extremely tacky rubber can also be a tensor over night. Probably beat a dignics 05c too for spin in the right hands.

It really is that simple.  

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 01/08/2022 at 10:25pm
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2022 at 11:12pm
I did not try yet the hurricane 3 37 deg that I bought from achoomai but I imagine plenty of good things coming from that puppy on my latest paddle, I wanted something light, hard enough for my level, very spinny and fast and when I am done boosting it with my cocktail made of falco long and tea tree oil, I sense I'll be all set!
For those interested it's there, http://mytabletennis.net/forum/fs-dhs-hurricane-3-neo-37-degree_topic90907.html achoomai sponsors our forum so I like to buy from him first if he has what I need, he can find a way when he does not.

Edited by stiltt - 01/08/2022 at 11:14pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2022 at 6:20am
thats lots of ALC wow
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2022 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Blah, I was not keen to get my hands dirty either man.  Seriously, I just remembered while I was at the local supermarket to buy some baby oil, and all else is history.  You want a replacement for something great without paying for it?  Then there is only one solution.  Boosting.  If you don't know how to squirt some oil on a rubber and rub it around with your finger, don't worry.  Try a $20 rubber in case you screw it up, and then you will see that any dead extremely tacky rubber can also be a tensor over night. Probably beat a dignics 05c too for spin in the right hands.

It really is that simple.  

i have played with boosted national blue sponge hurricane before and it is hands down the spinniest and springiest rubber I've ever tried so far. Boosting is almost an unfair advantage lol but I can't be bothered to do it - just way too much work and I'm prone to messing it up. I guess I'll just have to stick with Dignics lol....
-------
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2022 at 7:35pm
Send me $50 bucks and I will send you a boosted brand new sheet of H2 to Melbourne.  

I am just about to glue my H2 40 degrees down now.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic