Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rubber for victas swat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rubber for victas swat
    Posted: 01/17/2022 at 11:59am
Alright I have had the v15 extra for a couple days and although I have just played with it at home (clubs closed because omicron bad) so take what I say with a grain of salt cause my opinion could change when I get back. Compared to rakza 7 it is much much faster on everything, If you do not have a fine touch on recieves then it is not for you. When it comes to looping I think this is the biggest practical difference. When you are out of position and are not making a good full stroke rakza 7 will still make a solid attacking shot whereas with v15 extra you need to make a full stroke or the shot will go into the net so it is alot more unforgiving. But when everything works out and you are in position and you make a full stroke you get a certain control over the placement and spin and speed of the ball that you do not get with rakza 7 so it ends up feeling much much more satisfying to loop with in that sense. It also feels like you get more control over using your opponents spin and speed when you counter attack with v15. v15 is also way more spin sensitive than rakza 7. Another major difference is that v15 is really really fast on flat hits compared to other strokes and even a little uncontrollable so if you have a really punchy loop stroke (like I did on my backhand) It can be hard to control the placement of the ball. but if you adjust and pay more attention to brushing the ball while maintaining good sponge engagement then you get really good quality. I also felt that the dwell was very short on v15 extra so that might be a dealbreaker for some.

In conclusion this is my first review and It is probably bad but this rubber is good and I will be using it from now on, If you are an intermediate or above attacker with good technique and footwork who bases their game on consistent looping then I would recommend it. But if your footwork is weak and you find yourself out of position a lot or if you make really punchy loop strokes then you may be frustrated by this rubber.

Edited by dAbandit0 - 01/17/2022 at 12:02pm
"ya like jazz" -Barry B Benson
Sponsored Links

dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2022 at 2:33pm
Just bought the v15 extra in max vor both sides and I will give an update on how it is after i try it

Edited by dAbandit0 - 01/10/2022 at 7:53pm
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2022 at 12:26pm
victas advisory staff claims - ventus stiff for swat
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by dAbandit0 dAbandit0 wrote:

How is the extra compared to the rakza 7

No idea but likely faster, spinnier, etc. It's a newer gen rubber than the 7. 
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 1:10pm
How is the extra compared to the rakza 7
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 11:43am
V15 Extra/Stiff ...can't go wrong and they are $35/piece
plazm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plazm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2022 at 5:31am
You can go Swat with Fastarc G1, best selling combo in Japan.
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 10:43pm
Hello, I am currently Playing with a fang bo carbon with h3 neo on fh and rakza 7 on bh, I can control this setup just fine however my style has changed from all out risky attack  to a more controlled consistent offensive game winning points by good placement (think samsonov). So I want to go back to my victas swat, however the swat has mark v on both sides which going back to I absolutely cannot stand and I feel like It makes my game worse in absolutely every aspect and I bottom it out all the time. So I would like to try a faster tensor on both sides in order to make up for the lost speed from the fang bo carbon while benefiting from the added feel dwell and spin of an all wood blade. My current top picks are mxp, omega 7 pro, v15 extra and bluefire m1 although I am having trouble deciding which one to go with. It would be nice to know how these compare to  eachother as well as the rakza as well as how they would feel on the swat. I am also curious as to how the overall setup speed would compare to the fang bo with rakza. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic