FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table Tennis Balls Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ds1301 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ds1301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis Balls Advice
    Posted: 03/04/2022 at 12:50pm
Hi, we are looking at getting table tennis balls for general club use at my university (practice/multi-ball, not matches). Are 1* balls fine for this?

For context, we are looking at getting 144 Dunlop 1* for £30, the cheapest actual 3* I can find are 12 Butterfly G40+ for £10.

Edited by ds1301 - 03/04/2022 at 1:03pm
Sponsored Links

qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2022 at 3:53pm
Best bang for the buck - 2 color DHS balls that were used by the China super league, 10 for $3.50. These play way better than any 1* ball

http://ttnpp.com/store/home/911-dhs-2018-new-abs-bi-colour-tt-ball-39.html

they also sell DHS d40+ 3* for about 60 cents per ball in bulk
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2022 at 6:05pm
Huison 3* Balls from Aliexpress. Far cheaper, far better. 

Dunlop 1* for 30 quid is daylight robbery, lmao.
akapur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2022 at 10:41am
Is ttnpp still in business and operating? I've ordered from ttnpp a number of times and always got exactly what I wanted. Genuine equipment. Sometimes a little slow but exactly what I wanted.

My most recent order however never got shipped. I was charged via paypal. Then nothing was shipped and no messages were responded for over 3 months. Eventually I had to contact paypal to get a refund. Every item in my order continued to be listed as in stock for the entire 3 month period that I waited after placing my order.

Anyone know if anything is going on with ttnpp. Still in business? Any secret back-channel to get responses etc? Or is an occasional dropped order with no response the cost of doing business with ttnpp?

Thanks
arznable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arznable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2022 at 12:37am
Originally posted by akapur akapur wrote:

Is ttnpp still in business and operating? I've ordered from ttnpp a number of times and always got exactly what I wanted. Genuine equipment. Sometimes a little slow but exactly what I wanted.

My most recent order however never got shipped. I was charged via paypal. Then nothing was shipped and no messages were responded for over 3 months. Eventually I had to contact paypal to get a refund. Every item in my order continued to be listed as in stock for the entire 3 month period that I waited after placing my order.

Anyone know if anything is going on with ttnpp. Still in business? Any secret back-channel to get responses etc? Or is an occasional dropped order with no response the cost of doing business with ttnpp?

Thanks

Hi, did you got any responds from TTnPP eventually?  I would like to order from them, but got a bit scared after watching your post...
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2022 at 9:10am
If you are looking a good value for the money
I think you should invest a bit more to get better 
quality. To me the best ball is Andro speedball 3*. I’s under 1€/ball and i haven’t seen any ”egg’s” among those few houndred balls I have play with. They are allso very durable. Ofcourse you can buy some cheap 2* balls from internet 
which wobles so much that it gives you a headache. We also use these Andro balls in many 1st division tournaments in my country.

Edited by Tommy16 - 06/10/2022 at 9:10am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2022 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Huison 3* Balls from Aliexpress. Far cheaper, far better. 

Dunlop 1* for 30 quid is daylight robbery, lmao.

The Dunlop plastic balls are not bad, to be fair. I was against ordering them for our club but considering the number of crushed balls after junior training, they are cost effective and I now use them without thinking. For multiball, it hardly matters what you use IMO. If your club will have 100s of balls on the floor at any given time, get them and use a few 3* when you're playing sets. If you can be more careful and have the cash, we've liked the Gewo orange balls. The Joola...something...red label, can't remember name...are also tolerable. And the DHS 1* are just rejects of the 3* production, or so I've heard. They're fine too. 
akapur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 3:33pm
No response from ttnpp. I got refunded by PayPal after opening a dispute.

I've ordered from ttnpp numerous times in the past and got what I ordered, sometimes after a delay but nothing like what happened this time.
akapur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by arznable arznable wrote:

Thanks

Hi, did you got any responds from TTnPP eventually?  I would like to order from them, but got a bit scared after watching your post...

No response from ttnpp. I got refunded by PayPal after opening a dispute.

Strange. I've ordered from ttnpp numerous times in the past and always got what I ordered and it was all genuine. It may have taken a while (a couple of weeks) to ship and to arrive (2-3 weeks via Speediest) but it always got here (New York).
arznable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arznable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 10:16pm

Strange. I've ordered from ttnpp numerous times in the past and always got what I ordered and it was all genuine. It may have taken a while (a couple of weeks) to ship and to arrive (2-3 weeks via Speediest) but it always got here (New York).
I see.  This made me hesitate a bit to buy from them now regardless of their great pricing, thanks.
arznable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arznable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2022 at 3:47pm

I took a leap of faith and ordered from TTnPP.com.  It seems the shop is still operating.  I just received an email including the tracking number and a tracking link.  After clicking on the tracking link, I can see exactly where my ordered product is at the moment.  It seems the shop is legit and is still in operation.

Wondering did you receive the tracking number and link for your lost order?

Edited by arznable - 07/05/2022 at 3:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic