Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Feint Long OX Legal ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
omegand View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omegand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Feint Long OX Legal ?
    Posted: 05/03/2022 at 8:17am
Are these two rubbers below legal ?

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=b-feint-l3-ox&utm_source=google_base&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b-feint-l3-ox&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpcOTBhCZARIsAEAYLuUJmqyuqOW4jOw_0q5pG79ybV7vWnmeIy5yXDf4pIRtMkroECWYrAAaAjs-EALw_wcB

Because the ITTF LARC shows only the following rubbers as legal
Feint AG
Feint Long II
Feint Long III
Feint-OX

Of the above 4 only Feint OX is a no sponge rubber.  And I assume the other 3 are approved only with sponge ? Then that makes Feint Long II OX & Feint Long III OX NOT legal ?

I know OX rubber means it is a rubber with no sponge.   

So I can extend the same question to 

Because Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX also is not listed on ITTF LARC

Thanks

Edited by omegand - 05/03/2022 at 8:20am
Sponsored Links

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2022 at 7:52pm
Long pips rubber can be played with or without sponge. The topsheet is the only thing certified. To be honest in the USA, unless you are playing at nationals you can play with almost anything. I have played tournaments against with rubbers missing so many pips or in such bad shape I am not sure how they used it.
omegand View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omegand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2022 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Long pips rubber can be played with or without sponge. .

If so, how come Feint OX is certified separately but Feint Long II and Feint Long III are not certified separately ?

The topsheet is the only thing certified.

Which ITTF document says this officially ?

To be honest in the USA, unless you are playing at nationals you can play with almost anything.

I know of scores of USATT tournaments (& heard of in other countries also) over the years where pips players were targetted.

Most umpires are secretly biased more against pips than about smooth rubber players who speed-glue or booster.  

I know of an International  Referee in east coast USA who did not allow OX long pips about 25 years ago. . I do not know if she or he changed now.  I know thre are at least few umpires or even referees who think OX rubbers that are not listed explicitly on ITTF LARC are not legal.

How many tournaments you know of where a player stopped a match in the middle & asked for checking the rackest for speed-glues or boosters ? However I know of scores of cases in USATT tournaments (most of them 2 star or less not some 5 star such as at WVC 2018 where this happened to a Canadian high level chopper ) where a player stopped the match & asked to see the opponents'  pips racket & then asked for a referee to verify that the pips are legal. 

As long as the smooth rubber player is winning , there is no problem even if the pips player is using long pips or anti not listed on LARC.  But as soon as the pips player starts winning it becomes  a huge problem all of a sudden and referee is summoned at least to delay the match & break the pips player's rhythm. I understand most smooth rubber players do NOT do this even if they hate pips but there definitely is a small number of smooth rubber players who do this purposely. 

In USATT (and I think in most countries)  , to move up from level to level (such as from local umpire to regional umpire), there is a practical portion of the test (in addition to a written test) where you need to umpire under at least a national umpire or above. The national umpire evaluates you & sends a report to USATT. I think you have to umpire a certain number of matches like this under national umpire's supervision.  So do you think you will get a positive review from your examiner (national umpire or above), if you do not examine the rackets of players at all ? 

Edited by omegand - 05/05/2022 at 5:16am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2022 at 7:24pm
San-Jay. How are you man?

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2022 at 11:11am
I can tell you as a guy who pays for pips to be tested, they test just the topsheets on pips, and it's legal to play pips-out with no sponge.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic