Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dignics 64

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dignics 64
    Posted: 05/09/2022 at 6:04pm
Hello,
Been using T05 and D05 on my Viscaria for a while. Somehow i feel T05 is a little soft to my taste and too much catapult so i am thinking of trying D64 on BH. Would love to hear your experience on D64 as a BH rubber. 
My rating is 2200. 
Thanks.  
No signature required
Sponsored Links

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2022 at 12:39am
dignics 64 is faster and harder, also has lower throw compared to tenergy05, it’s a good rubber for blocking but you will have to use your body more actively to activate the sponge.
Boosting it is suggested to make it more lively
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2022 at 1:57am
For me D64 is a very good backhand rubber. Spinny enough to open the game, insensitive to incoming spin. Feeling is not as hard as the sponge hardness suggests, because the to-sheet feels softer. While there are still people who prefer T05 over D05 because of the feeling, I do not believe that anyone who tested the D64 on backhand would thank a minute about switching back to T64, because D64 is better in any way. Of course it has a lower arc than D05 and T05, but for most players this is a good thing on backhand. My advice: 1,9 mm is thick enough on the backhand side.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2022 at 6:43pm
I am surprised to see people still follow Butterfly rubbers after all these crazy prices. I got angry of these 80 eur per rubber (my car has cheaper tyres!!!)
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2022 at 2:36am
i stopped with bty rubbers...now i use the K3 hybrid and evolution el-p...they wear out faster but they are cheaper so i can replace them more frequently.

the K3 is a very good rubber for forehand, hardness is like dignics 64 more or less but it's more lively
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2022 at 6:08am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

(my car has cheaper tyres!!!)

How do these tyres play, say as compared to D80?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2022 at 6:24am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

I am surprised to see people still follow Butterfly rubbers after all these crazy prices.

You'll be even more surprised to hear that ESN has fallen so much the past several years despite the price advantage, while in the same period Butterfly has taken back so much.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2022 at 7:06am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

You'll be even more surprised to hear that ESN has fallen so much the past several years despite the price advantage, while in the same period Butterfly has taken back so much.

It is a question of politics I think. The profit for the clubs is bigger if they buy more expensive goods.
For example if one club has budget 10.000 per year and he spend only 9.000, next year this club will get probably 9 or lower.
ESN rely on their lower priced products with good skills. But...here is coming the marketing.
People say Why to buy something at 60 buck as I can buy it for 80 and to be like THE BEST.

BlackCat510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackCat510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2022 at 8:40am
What surprises me just as much as people paying these crazy Butterfly prices is the fact that Butterfly haven’t dropped their crazy Tenergy prices since releasing the Dignics series…

Since the Dignics series is Butterfly’s acknowledged ‘professional’ rubber series, used by most European pros on both sides and some Chinese players on bh, why don’t they just drop the price of Tenergy to £40 to massively outflank ESN? They now just have two elite rubber series, one superior to the other, but both out of
most people’s price range. Seems like a strategy failure to me…

If Tenergy was the same price as ESN rubbers people would give up on Tenergy ‘alternatives’ very quickly I reckon — ESN would need to get very creative to stop Butterfly’s complete equipment monopoly…
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2022 at 3:02pm
They have dropped the price, and that role is fulfilled by Rozena. Ever since its release in 2017, it's become the best seller in Japan to this date, consistently in the top 2 switching places with Fastarc G-1 and that's also when Butterfly started turning the tide. They further reduced the price of Rozena in mid 2018 in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the US, but not Europe, except for the occasional flash sales.

With the release of Dignics, they have successfully made use of the decoy effect, as I see a substantial decrease of people complaining about the price in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, as if folks have become resigned to the fact that Butterfly will stick to its pricing structure.

Ironic as it may sound, sales of Tenergy/Rozena/Dignics have largely recovered to pre-COVID-19 level whereas the worst is yet to come for ESN, and all this is before Russia comes into the picture, which is among the biggest European markets for ESN.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic