Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom TMXi Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom TMXi Blade
    Posted: 06/01/2022 at 6:50am

Xiom TMXi AN Jae Hyun Blade Pro & Regular

Weight: 92 grams (Pro) 89 grams (Non-Pro)

Thickness: 5.9mm

Blade Head Size: 152mm x 158mm (Non-Pro), 160mm x 152mm (Pro)

Speed: Off+

Plies: 7 (Limba – Limba? – TMX – Ayous – TMX – Ayous? – Limba? – Limba)

The TMXi AJH blade is the flagship blade of Xiom for 2022. This blade was pre-viewed as early as last year wherein An Jae Hyun was using this blade in some of his games. There were also samples of the prototype showing up online by people who had access to stores. The one I saw was a version where the picture of the player was at the bottom of the handle.

Blade Construction

The AJH TMXi is a blade made in Korea. This is an inner-composite type blade where the composite called Trimetrix is being used. Trimetrix is basically a triple composite material weave formed by weaving 3 materials – carbon, AL and ZL.  The blade feels stiff but I could still feel some vibrations with it kept to a minimal when I was bouncing the ball onto the bare blade. People would think this is an Innerforce clone blade but due to the composite materials used, it is far from being one. The Pro version is slightly larger and heavier as what has been stated. The handle shape is somewhat different a little bit compared to that of the Hugo Hal or Ice cream blades. There are parts of the handle’s curve that feels different around the

The Test

I used all the new Jekyll & Hyde Rubbers from the 47.5 X and V Variants to the 50 and 52.5- degree variants. I weas lucky enough to test it with several types of rubbers with different hardness and performance. I have used both the Pro and Regular versions. The Pro version feels a bit heavier after you attached the rubbers due to an increase amount of rubber that is added with a bigger blade surface, you would need to swing a bit harder but then you would also get rewarded with a stronger shot. The difference would be minor so I will just uset he regular version here as an example. I have used both 2.1mm and max versions of each of the J n H rubbers.

The TMXi feels stiff despite having an inner composite layer. The feeling is still new to me despite having used a blade having the same composite material but with an outer or 2nd layer placement. The Trimetrix does not feel like any other composite blade because of the 3 composite weaves it possesses. It has some hardness of a pure carbon weave but at the same time it has some sort of better feel and stability granted by the AL and ZL strands respectively.

When I was bouncing the ball onto the bare blade, the sound was of medium pitch and the bounce is of any typical control offensive blade. It did not bounce as high compared to pure carbon blades or with zylon. I think there is a need to revamp the speed ratings of both rubbers and blades. I am saying this because for example in a group of off+ blades, there are blades that are faster from another blade in that same group. I have rated Tamca 5000 blades and similar blades to off++ instead because sometimes they are hard to compare and make the speed rating simpler to the person inquiring. This is a true off+ blade but it feels unique because it has the stiffness of a carbon and zylon composite blade but at the same time it has some of the impact absorption of the ALC. Like another blade with a similar composite layer but on the 2nd layer, the TMXi has a new distinct feel. The speed of the TMXi is comparable to that of the Viscaria, Stradivarius and other outer ALC blades. I would rate it a notch lower or 2 in terms of speed if compared to zylon-carbon blades.  If compared to an Innerforce ALC blade, the TMXi is clearly faster.

What does the TMXi offer for players? The TMXi has the feel that has the stiffness you need for an extra speed or kick on your shots due to the carbon and ZL layers while at the same time, the ALC layers makes sure that the blade impact feel is not too stiff which makes the blade great for spinning the ball. I also tried Hurricane 3 37 degrees with the TMXi and this blade felt a good substitute for a setup that usually is prevalent in the market right now – tacky rubber on the forehand and a Jpn or Euro rubber on the backhand. The TMXi with all the rubbers tested, gave a medium to medium-high arc when looping the ball. Even with tacky rubbers in the forehand, the power did not diminish much with a distance far from the table. There might be some reduction in terms of speed, but this is due to the Chinese rubber used but when I switched using the Jekyll and Hyde rubbers for the forehand, doing counter loops about 15 feet away from the table did not feel slow. I must admit at first, I was not able to adjust to the feel of the blade since I am used to using ALC or ALC-like blades but after a few days, I began to like the TMXi since it was not really hard to control. It’s just that the feel needs to grow accustomed with given time but it is more of a personal preference and you will get to like the feedback of the blade in your hand.

Overall, this is an excellent attacking blade that excels almost in all fields. It is an almost complete blade that excels in blocking the ball passively or actively like punchblocks. It is stiff enough to smash effectively but at the same time has some flex to have that “feel and dwell” when looping the ball that it aids the rubbers in some sort of a “dwell” when brushing or grazing the ball. If you value delicate shots that are inside the table like dropshots or flicks, the TMXi will deliver these shots for you with no problem. I believe the blade is controllable even if an intermediate player uses the TMXi with slower or thinner rubber but this is used best by trained players.

Edited by yogi_bear - 06/01/2022 at 6:55am
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2022 at 10:42pm
Beautiful looking blades!!!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2022 at 12:29am
We carry the regular (non-pro) version at Xiom.shop for anyone interested in the United States. We will be carrying the Pro version in the next few weeks.
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2022 at 12:46am
Will you be sharing your impressions of the J&H rubbers as well?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2022 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

We carry the regular (non-pro) version at Xiom.shop for anyone interested in the United States. We will be carrying the Pro version in the next few weeks.

I Guess this blade must be a copy of the DHS 968 Ahn jae hyun was using.
Maloong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maloong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2022 at 1:37am
wrong, that was my guess too but I tested both, and both are nothing like W968. 
DukeGaGa View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DukeGaGa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2022 at 4:19pm
I've been playing with TMXi for the past two weeks, and I agree that there's some getting used to. But once you do, it is really a good controllable blade. I'm still waiting to get my hands on a pro version though.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2022 at 1:27am
Originally posted by JediJesseS JediJesseS wrote:

Will you be sharing your impressions of the J&H rubbers as well?

yes. there are 6 versions with 2 thickness that is why it takes time. to test all. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

bububear View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bububear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2022 at 11:02pm
How you you find it compared to the 36.5 ALXi? (and the Victas ZX-Gear In if you've tried that)
JustANoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustANoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2022 at 12:10pm
Would also like a comparison with innerforce ZLC/Apolonia.
TTKid View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2022 at 11:00pm
Hi Yogi,

How does the Xiom TMXi compares vs the Xiom AZXi?

Regards,
TTKid
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 3:24am
Is the difference(speed,spin,control,power,etc) between the normal TMXi and Pro significance ?
The wood surface looks quite different imo though.
Thanks in advance
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2022 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Colin Ksh Colin Ksh wrote:

Is the difference(speed,spin,control,power,etc) between the normal TMXi and Pro significance ?
The wood surface looks quite different imo though.
Thanks in advance

Not much only that the Pro version has a bigger head making you swing harder but the Pro version felt more solid to me.

Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2022 at 6:59am
I see. Could you tell abit more detail please what do you mean by more solid. How much did you pay for the pro and non-pro respectively may I know. Did you order online ? It's not available here where I live yet.
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2022 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Maloong Maloong wrote:

wrong, that was my guess too but I tested both, and both are nothing like W968. 

Could you explain more specific please. How TMXi and TMXi Pro are different to w968. I suppose them to be similar.
Is the pro and non-pro differ alot too in terms of performance.
Vind55 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vind55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2022 at 2:34am
Would love to hear the difference between TMXi and ALXi, why would someone chose one over the other? Smile
plazm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plazm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2022 at 2:07pm
Regular(left), Pro(right)

Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2022 at 2:59pm
thats interesting. Thicker outer plies on the pro?!?
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2022 at 8:30pm
May I know the feedback using those blades pls. And is the difference in terms of performance (speed,spin,control,power ) significant between the two?
Thanks in advance🙌
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2022 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by plazm plazm wrote:

May I know if the difference is big between non pro and pro tmxi. apart from thicker handle and heaveir weight. Comparing in different aspects would be cool:)

Btw, let me share the photo please

Edited by Colin Ksh - 06/27/2022 at 12:46am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2022 at 4:44am

May I know if the difference is big between non pro and pro tmxi. apart from thicker handle and heaveir weight. Comparing in different aspects would be cool:)

Sorry been to busy outside of table tennis but to answer your question, only the blade head size differs and probably due to the weight you would need to swing harder. I may have noticed a slight difference in quality as the pro version are handpicked by Xiom.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2022 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Vind55 Vind55 wrote:

Would love to hear the difference between TMXi and ALXi, why would someone chose one over the other? Smile

TMXI has more stiffness in it since the composite layer has carbon, zylon and arylate carbon while the ALXi has alc only.

Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2022 at 9:14am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Sorry been to busy outside of table tennis but to answer your question, only the blade head size differs and probably due to the weight you would need to swing harder. I may have noticed a slight difference in quality as the pro version are handpicked by Xiom.

It's fine. Thanks for sharing by the way. Is the difference noticable between the two? do you also think the normal TMXi is more than enough for amateurs? I'm interested in getting one but still considering.
Maloong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maloong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2022 at 11:58pm
what do you mean. Normal TMXi is for amateurs and Pro version is for pros as name indicates. Don’t think you have to use the pro version to play like a pro. 

Since the first release in March, The difference btw two has been widely discussed already in Korea. The pro version has slightly thinner core with bigger head size, compared to the regular version. So you can predict what these features bring. More dwelling, less speed, heavier especially with rubbers on both side. 

I tried them both, I am happy with my Viscaria. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2022 at 5:31pm
AJH seemed not having good results after using this blade. That won't help on sale.
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2022 at 9:46am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

AJH seemed not having good results after using this blade. That won't help on sale.

Do you think he performs better with w968? what he used to play before. Is it because of his equipment or due to some problems with himself lately.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2022 at 7:10pm

This is an inner-composite type
blade where the composite called Trimetrix is being used. Trimetrix is
basically a triple composite material weave formed by weaving 3 materials –
carbon, AL and ZL.

Similar to Joola Trinity?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2022 at 7:34am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

This is an inner-composite type
blade where the composite called Trimetrix is being used. Trimetrix is
basically a triple composite material weave formed by weaving 3 materials –
carbon, AL and ZL.

Similar to Joola Trinity?

trinity is 2nd layer. 

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2022 at 7:44am
So it's like Trinity inner
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2023 at 3:17pm
anyone have new input on the TMXI (either version) blades - I tend to like blade similar to HL5

Edited by tom - 05/05/2023 at 3:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic