FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Hurricane Long 5x versions @TT11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Hurricane Long 5x versions @TT11
    Posted: 06/17/2022 at 5:05pm
I read that the new version of  DHS Hurricane Long5X has larger handle and larger carbon wires.

Has anyone bought Long5x from TT11 recently? Are the long5x that TT11 is selling now the newest version with large handle? Basically the serial number should be after July 2021, starting with BAXH....

How do you feel about the difference between the newest version and the older version?

I have a couple 2014 HL5, that have small handle, large face, and are very heavy. Thinking to get one of the newest version.
Sponsored Links

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2022 at 2:25am
I would suggest you to ask tt11 directly, so you know exactly what you can get. TT11 has a very good service, and they will respond to your querries.
I also find my Long 5L (C-Pen, bought in May this year) has too a small handle, so it is a bit head heavy.
It would be best to ask for the measurements, just to make sure.
I bought recently Nittaku Acoustic SG (C-Pen), expecting it to have a bigger handle, but when I received it, the handle is a few mm shorter than the normal one (I have two of them), whilst the thickness and width is the same.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2022 at 11:15am
I did ask TT11, but I don't think they know what version they are selling too.

I might just wait a little bit to buy one to make sure it is the newest version. 

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2022 at 4:39pm
Almost everyone has been complaining that the handle of HL5/HL5x is too small, and DHS has ignored it all. 

Look at the one they make for Korea Market:

But it is about $300 more expensive.
ttssbba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttssbba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2022 at 4:49pm
just bought h5 and h5x recently,  they are both "larger handle and larger carbon wires".
did not try h5x yet, h5 feels different from the previous h5 with smaller carbon wires.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2022 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by ttssbba ttssbba wrote:

just bought h5 and h5x recently,  they are both "larger handle and larger carbon wires".
did not try h5x yet, h5 feels different from the previous h5 with smaller carbon wires.

Did you buy them at TT11?
ttssbba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ttssbba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 2:04am
yes
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 4:56am

let me share this
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 9:28am

yes

Thanks.

I am surprised that DHS makes the HL handle larger as well. Is the handle of the newest version HL5 about the same as that of the new HL 5x?
ttssbba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttssbba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 12:55pm
I don't have the version of hl5 that is 25mm on the bottom of the handle, all samples I had is near 26mm, some of them > 26.5mm
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 3:51pm
The korean version with 23.5mm on the neck and 26.5mm at the handle end looks great to me. Not sure what is going on with DHS product design management, they just ignore this issue after so many years with so many complaints from amateur players. Even most players with small hands complain about the small handle.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic