Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane 3 vs D05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 3 vs D05
    Posted: 09/07/2022 at 1:33am
Any of the hurricanes in a harder sponge will be faster than 3-50.  If you want to avoid any boosting then H8.  A step up from 3-50 would be the 8-80.  Since you seem to be avoiding 09c and looking toward d05 I can only guess you want something with catapult and low throw like evolution MXS.  Similar to tenergy, and similar to a non-tacky/not that grippy hurricane traditional hardness therefore lower throwing.  

Tacky or grippy rubbers tend to be high throw against incoming topspin.  ESN rubbers are quite less responsive to incoming spin.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2022 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Shifu Shifu wrote:

Well if you want low throw, then D05 ain‘t for you.

Agreed. D05 has spring sponge effect so if you are use to tacky rubbers FH. Then D05 is NOT for you. Look into D09C more.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2022 at 10:30am
Well if you want low throw, then D05 ain‘t for you.
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2022 at 9:53am
Hi All,

Coming from Tenergy 05 and Dignics 09c, I've started enjoying playing with rubbers with lower throw - this gives me more security during counter loops and a bit more venom in my shots (given I put in adequate effort).

I'm currently using Hurricane 3-50 (unboosted) both sides on Primorac Carbon, and whilst I like the control, it is a tad too slow. I don't want to get into boosting so looking for other options - what should I expect from Dignics 05? Would there be any particular drawbacks compared to the Hurricane?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic