Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Simon Gauzy SL/Cornilleau Absolom vs Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simon Gauzy SL/Cornilleau Absolom vs Viscaria
    Posted: 09/02/2022 at 12:10pm
Hi All,

Could you please give me your opinions on Simon Gauzy SL/Cornilleau Absolom vs Viscaria/Xiom stradivarius in terms of the following:

- Speed
- Control
- Hardness
- Stiffness

So something along the lines of SL/ABS>VIS/STRAD for speed. I understand the corresponding blades are similar constructions. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Sponsored Links

bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2022 at 10:16am
bump?

Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2022 at 12:08pm
I have played with Viscaria and Gayzy sl ant tested one Absolum but here is my observations

Speed:
Viscaria>Absolum>Gauzy
Control:
Very subjective but I think Gauzy>Viscaria>Absolum
Hardness:
Absolum=Gauzy>Viscaria
Stiffness:
Absolum>Viscaria>Gauzy

What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2022 at 8:24pm
Interesting, thanks for that, I am surprised you feel the hardness of Gauzy and Absolum the same but the stiffness of ABS greater than Gauzy. if you were close to table blocking (passive and active), flat countering and FH looping backspin. Which blade would you use?
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 4:53am
I think that Absolum and Gauzy are more or less a same blade. My Gauzy is lighter that the Absolum I tried. I think that’s why my Gauzy is more flexible. Hardness is the same becouse top ply is same in both blades. It’s totally a matter of an opinion which one works better. If tou can handle the weight I would choose heavier one for blocking and flat hitting. 
Note. These are heavy blades. My Gauzy is 92g even tough it’s head size is redused to ”normal” bty dead size. The Absolum which I tried was 99g. 

Edited by Tommy16 - 09/13/2022 at 4:56am

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 8:39pm
Thanks for that Tommy16, I also find these blades heavy. My Gauzy is 95g while my Absolums are 99,100 and 104g. So they are solid for blocking and flat hitting as you said! Do you believe weight affects the flexibility and stability of a blade? I feel the weight also provides more power in attacking too.  
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2022 at 5:07am
Absolutely. Heavier blades are more or less allways stiffer, faster and more solid than lighter blades (same model off cource).

Edited by Tommy16 - 09/14/2022 at 5:08am

bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2022 at 11:34am
no wonder I always like heavy blades hahah. I use short pips bh and I feel more solid with a heavier blade. Anything lighter than 95g doesnt feel right for me D:
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2022 at 12:50am
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

Hi All,

Could you please give me your opinions on Simon Gauzy SL/Cornilleau Absolom vs Viscaria/Xiom stradivarius in terms of the following:

- Speed
- Control
- Hardness
- Stiffness

So something along the lines of SL/ABS>VIS/STRAD for speed. I understand the corresponding blades are similar constructions. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

I wonder if absolum feels like nostalgic 7  that is very stiff.

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/15/2022 at 12:51am
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2022 at 10:16am
Has anyone tried nostalgic 7 and care to weigh in? Ive read reviews about it but its different construction. I believe its wenge as the outer layer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic