FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS PF4 920 Blade???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NoppenPaule View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoppenPaule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS PF4 920 Blade???
    Posted: 09/22/2022 at 7:53am
This blade is by far the fastest all-wood blade I have ever tested. With Dignics 09c I played Timo Boll Spirit, Viscaria, Banda Waldner, Butterfly Kiso Hinoki Vii and Stiga Cybershape. For me the blade is spinier than a TBS or even Viscaria. Unfortunately, it's also more top-heavy. The handle is rustic and fits my hands very well, no need for a rubber grip. The blade is medium stiff and is reminiscent of playing with a Viscaria, but the playing feel is different. When blocking, a Viscaria is more direct, but shots and especially counterspins with the Pf04 are easier to play and much more dangerous. I have a QTTR of 1700 and I win against 1900s from my club with this blade.
The service game is a key strength of the blade. However, fast movements are not really effective, like with a Viscaria. The blade is more suited to a European playing style from half-distance and close to the table, where a lot of spin is generated with long arm movements and followed up with one shot. 3. Ball attacks are great to play with this blade. It's better in open rallies than a Primorac Carbon because it's more controlled and has more spin. I will play my next season with this blade. But this wood also has weaknesses here. As I said, it is top-heavy and therefore not for players with poor technique or with muscle diseases. You also have to be able to assess the opponent's spin well and stand correctly on the ball in order to use this blade effectively, otherwise the balls will fly over the net. You really need strength and feeling to get along with this blade. If you have played carbon blades before, you will be able to feel very comfortable playing despite the solid wood, but there is a lack of directness.uploads/39534/P_20220920_163601.jpg
Sponsored Links

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoppenPaule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2022 at 3:57am
Yes, but there is no PF4 920, never Seen this before in my HK-trips
oldcpen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcpen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2022 at 6:47pm
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2022 at 3:29am
Love the flat handle
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoppenPaule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2022 at 4:12pm
I won't be able to determine the weight until the end of next week. I know the PF4 032 series etc...but have never heard of the PF4 920. I will play the blade next Friday with Dignics 09c in 1.9mm on both sides.I will then measure the wood more precisely and write a review
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2022 at 4:08pm
How many grams is this brick ? Big smile
It's from 1990's I think. Never seen this metal logo on the bottom of the handle.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoppenPaule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2022 at 5:12am
Hello, everyone,

I'm currently playing a DHS PF4 920 shakehand. Can anyone tell me more about the wood (what is it made of, what is it worth and how old)

thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic