Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rakza Z: Classic vs Extra Hard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rakza Z: Classic vs Extra Hard
    Posted: 01/28/2023 at 11:23am
Hi all,

Has anyone had a chance to compare the classic Rakza Z with the extra hard version? I'm interested in what the differences might be for FH and FH loops in particular (to be used on a viscaria-type blade).

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2023 at 4:18pm
Hey,

I have tried both normal Rakza Z and Extra Hard as well, and I have pretty extensive use in the EH.
They both have identical topsheets but different sponges, and I'm not totally sure if they are only different in hardness.
Neither of them are fast, nor bouncy, in fact they are more on the unbouncy side.
For me the EH has a much wider range of use, over the table it's very easy to keep the ball low with it and it works better on harder hits. The normal Rakza Z on hard hits is kinda disappointing which is why I think they don't have the same sponge. The EH is excellent on countering, it doesn't lose against incoming spin, even if you have just a half decent contact with the ball it will not lose. The normal Rakza Z in over the table countering was very difficult for me and unsatisfying, the EH is very safe and makes a better course. It might be because I have quite hard hits to begin with.

The only drawbacks I can say about the EH over the normal is that it is 1-2g heavier cut, there is no 2.0mm version only max, and possibly if you are not so strong it's harder to fully use, but I'm not even sure about this last part.

To me the EH sponge looks the same as G-1 sponge, but it's more harder. In fact I would probably take the G-1 over the normal Rakza Z...

Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2023 at 5:06pm
Thank you that's an interesting observation. Perhaps the classic version could be said to be better suited for BH. And EH dor forhand? 
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2023 at 5:54pm
I think the biggest issue with both versions of Rakza Z is they are pretty heavy. One really has to like it on BH to use normal or the EH. If I wanted to commit to the heavy weight on BH I would take the EH there as well.
But there is the option for normal Rakza Z 2.0mm for BH which should be a lighter, so maybe that is a valid choice for BH.

I might perfer the EH only or just because I like hitting hard. For not so hard hitters I can imagine the normal version is more usable.

Edited by Zwill - 01/28/2023 at 5:58pm
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2023 at 6:13pm
Thanks, Zwill.

Could you possibly suggest some other alternatives? I really like the grip of Rakza Z and I find it way superior compared to Dignics 09c. But yes, the drawback may be lower speed. Can you think of a better alternative? (non-boosted)
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2023 at 7:37pm
Honestly the reasons I like the Rakza Z are not found in other rubbers, at least not all of them at the same time.

I like Rakza since it works bloody well with the Joola Flash ball, which pretty much everyone uses here. It is very durable, I have a Bluegrip C2, which has the newer C-touch topsheet, but its durability is very questionable.
Rakza Z works in colder temperature, while said Bluegrip C2 is very slippery in cold, and D09c is as well. At the same time the speed of the Rakza is faster than Bluegrip, just 1-2g heavier.

You know if you pick the most spinny rubber, Rakza Z is not far off, if you pick the fastest sticky rubber, Rakza Z is also not far off from that. So while it might not be the best from these exciting aspects like spin or speed, it is just a touch below from the best.

If stickiness is not a must need then the G-1 is very similar, not the fastest, probably not the spinniest, but it has the best grip I have seen from a grippy rubber, it works in cold, very durable.
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2023 at 5:01am
In terms of the playability in cold wet conditions - that's exactly why I steered away from Dignics 09c. The hard topsheet became too slippery and and stroke angles got all very different. Not to mention other non-sticky rubbers like Dignics 05, which became downright unplayable in those conritions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic