Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making the ball picker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making the ball picker
    Posted: 04/29/2023 at 3:55am
I want to make my own ball picker so I don’t have to use my hands. 
Does anyone know how to make the ball picker for multiball?
Any tips? Start with a badminton racquet? Any fun ideas?

Thanks!
No signature required
Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2023 at 6:50am
I bought a plastic tube with the diameter a little bigger around than the ball.  Cut one end at an angle and glue a thin velcro  strip inside the of the cut end.  The ball will pass through the velcro strip and up into the tube.  It only picks up one ball at a time, but does it quickly.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2023 at 1:30pm
This seems like the perfect time to link to this review.

Edited by ThePongProfessor - 04/29/2023 at 1:32pm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2023 at 4:12pm
My Ping Pong Buddy is the absolute best solution, nothing comes even close, I forgot mine at a place where I coached and I could never get it back. The thing is that all items to make it but one can be found cheaply but I do not know what kind of plastic that semi rigid net is made of and to me it's the genius "secret ingredient". 

Reproducing Newgy's Pong Pal with 2" PVC tube is quick. For the balls under the table, we pull them 1st and we are never bending enough to matter. 60"x2" cardboard mailing tube does the trick stappling 2 thick elastic bands at one end. Buying a large poster gets us one free LOL.

A search for "ping pong ball picker" or "Pingpong Ball Retriever" on Aliexpress gives funny results: 

For 1 MPPB we can buy 8 of those but keep in mind that MPPB shipping is free and that number 8 goes down to 2 when taking shipping into account.

qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2023 at 8:13pm
Dust pan with handle + a broom works pretty well

I practice with a shoebox full of balls, sweep the balls on the floor into a corner and then into the dustpan, it's pretty fast
MPPB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2023 at 10:02pm
Thank very much for your kind words for MyPingPongBuddy. I just want to let our readers know that  me and my wife Jean are both avid lovers of our favorite game of table tennis and we make this popular ball picker by hand at home since 2010. 
Simply the Best
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2023 at 9:48pm
It's all about what we are searching and the keywords that we use. 

"plastic mesh netting" will give good results. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=plastic+mesh+netting

Edited by stiltt - 05/12/2023 at 9:48pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2023 at 9:55pm
MPPB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2023 at 12:30am
 htpps://joe.bulatao/videos/1204963800114084?idorvanity=210865936170705

Edited by MPPB - 05/13/2023 at 12:35am
Simply the Best
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2023 at 8:30am
MPPB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2023 at 8:42am
Thank you for fixing  the link stiltt. I can't figure out what was wrong with the link and I wanted to delete it but I can't figure out how to do that either! So this is my hacked version of the Newgy pongpal. I hope I wont get in trouble for infringing on their invention. Honestly, I am not interested on making any more.

Simply the Best
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic