Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS6512 - Can I find another one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS6512 - Can I find another one?
    Posted: 05/11/2023 at 8:37pm
Hello, I got this blade DHS with rubbers 6512 with conic handle and after removing the rubbers I found it is only 86 grams. Speed is about OFF-, which is unusual for DHS blade. Most of the blades DHS I have had were usually about 100-110 grams and sometimes even higher.
As playing skills I think it is good enough, probably playing around the speed of good Primorac OFF- metal tag, head is with nowadays size 151mm to 156mm and thickness is 6.3mm.
I think it is 7 plies, but strangely from all angles looks different, because there is too much fabric glue.

What are your thoughts about this model? Specially for me this is excellent blade for OFF- strategy, but it is not so comfy for my Euro Style shakehand grip. It is much better in penhold grip, but this model is not a penhold blade. Maybe I will pre-made it with another handles for a better comfort and I will be looking to increase the weight and stability of the blade too. The blade is VERY spiny, and I am wondering where are its limits in professional aspects. It could be my holly grail, as I have never seen another blade from this model exactly.

If I make it with appropriate handles and the blade plays OK for me - do you think I can find another one for 2nd (reserve) ? Back in time (surely 20 years ago) a friend of mine had a model looking like that and he told me that the chance to find another one is near the 0. And really, I have not seen another one for sale between this period.
Are these really so hard to find, even in China? If that's so, maybe it will be better do not risk and I will keep it original condition.

Thanks in advance for your opinions. Smile

Edited by kolevtt - 05/12/2023 at 10:15am
Sponsored Links

RUSH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2023 at 1:31am
uploads/39873/shield.jpg

Hello kolevtt. I have one to. The weight is 177.00 g. Width is 147.0 mm approx. Length from tip to conical handle is 157.0 mm approx. The racket is very very fast. The red rubber is hard and thinner than my pf4 1.8 mm approx rubber on the under side. I combine different things to make this racket. Very good. Attack and defense. One thing I must acknowledge is receive with the original rubber. Better than pf4 sticky rubber which is not good for receive as this hard rubber. Thank you. 
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2023 at 8:48am
Originally posted by RUSH RUSH wrote:

uploads/39873/shield.jpg

Hello kolevtt. I have one to. The weight is 177.00 g. Width is 147.0 mm approx. Length from tip to conical handle is 157.0 mm approx. The racket is very very fast. The red rubber is hard and thinner than my pf4 1.8 mm approx rubber on the under side. I combine different things to make this racket. Very good. Attack and defense. One thing I must acknowledge is receive with the original rubber. Better than pf4 sticky rubber which is not good for receive as this hard rubber. Thank you. 

Hello, I think you have posted another brand model too far from Double Happiness Big smile
Your blade is brand Schield, dear friend. Nothing common with DHS, for a pity. 

RUSH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2023 at 7:32pm
OMG you are 100% right. I got mixed because of the Shanghai! Wacko
oldcpen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldcpen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2023 at 2:51pm
It looks like a pre-made (blade + 6512 rubber). 
Those were very common in their days. Good with 38mm
but not with 40+ balls.

More desirable  vintage DHS blades have a stamp in the middle of the blade,
number (08, 016, 032 ) impressed in the handle, and were hide glue laminated.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2023 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by oldcpen oldcpen wrote:

It looks like a pre-made (blade + 6512 rubber). 
Those were very common in their days. Good with 38mm
but not with 40+ balls.

More desirable  vintage DHS blades have a stamp in the middle of the blade,
number (08, 016, 032 ) impressed in the handle, and were hide glue laminated.

Thank you, but in Europe these 6512 shakehand models are ultra hard to be found. And you have posted only penhold blades from that link, my blade is a shakehand sample.
By the way, I don't agree this one is not good for 40+ ball. In general, it is probably not so fast as the others you mentioned, but that's not definitely = not good for 40+ balls.
I have played several tournaments at my best level with Alser Allround and Primorac Off-, but of course, selected samples and not each of these alsers or primoracs are 100% good for playing with 40+ ball.
I think I am enough capable to know which blade is good and which is not, but you are right, probably for the fact, that these blades DHS with stamp you mentioned (08, 16 and so on) are surely more better than this one for offensive game.
Many people are looking for fast blades but the truth is : Power is nothing without control.
Thank you very much for your reply!
oldcpen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcpen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2023 at 5:34pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2023 at 10:35am

Unfortunately, this is another model, I have had several of these and I have seen many of them before
They are heavy as cement brick and one of the pieces I had was 135 grams without rubbers or close LOL
My question is concretely for 6512 conic handle shakehand. Not so many around us today and you probably can redact your comment Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic