Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'BOOMING' ma lin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chinamike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinamike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'BOOMING' ma lin?
    Posted: 02/04/2007 at 11:07am
Hey all,
I have the ma lin carbon blade and use friendship god-favoured rubber for the FH. My question is to those of you who are using (or used) the ma lin. How loud is the sound of the racket when you're playing with it? I have recently noticed this past weekend that my combination is FAIRLY loud compared to many of the other people (I was at a tournament). Obviously there will be discrepancies between everyone. I was told that it kind of sounds like I have speed glue on it, but I don't. Any explanations? Thanks.
Butterfly - Joo Se Hyuk FL
BTY - tackifire drive (FH)
BTY - Feint Long II (BH)
Sponsored Links

tthj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 12:31pm

I play with the ma lin blade and I have noticed my blade makes a lot of noise too(I use the New Era rubber fh) like speed glue noise (but it sounds sharper) and I was not sure whether it was the rubber or the blade. I tried bouncing the ball on the blade and on some location it made the noise. My impression is better hits I get more noise it makes; and for me it is most noticeable for blocks. Has anyone had similar experience with any other Yasaka blades?

Ted
Ted
sverige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sverige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 12:58pm
I to have this blade and i have noticed the sound, but i like this sound.
Donic J-O Waldner Carbon Senso
Donic J-O Waldner red 2,3(bh)
DHS Hurricane 3 black 2,2(fh)
chinamike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinamike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 3:33pm
hey sverige,
why not use the new era? just curious... I agree that the sound is nice =) thanks
Butterfly - Joo Se Hyuk FL
BTY - tackifire drive (FH)
BTY - Feint Long II (BH)
tthj2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthj2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 10:27pm

I checked ebay and they have New Era with "balanced", "spin" and "speed" versions with 2.2mm thickness. At paddle palace they have 2mm and 2.5mm sponge thickness. I don't know what's what but I thought you should know.

I find New Era (2mm) works very nice with ma lin carbon. One fellow I talked to who owns 3 ma lin's said he didn't like it with New Era because of control. If you do a heavy spin with it there seems to be a "lag" it may have to do with the thin top sheet.

I like the sound too it means the shot is going back fast.

Ted
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2007 at 10:59pm

this sound makes a loud noise if you are mostly hitting or foward drive.  if you are looping, then the noise is not there.

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic