Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tackifire-Special Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dragoncat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoncat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackifire-Special Rubber
    Posted: 02/19/2007 at 2:24am
Hi all. I am thinking about buying Tackifire-Special. The only thing I am not sure is does this rubber need speed-glue and need to be re-glued a lot? I have only normal glue and am not going to use speed-glue since it is going to be banned. Has anyone got any experience on this?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Weixing_Yinghao View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weixing_Yinghao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 7:08am
I`m using Tackfire special soft and i have to speed glue... But I`m using All+ blade som if the blade is fast maybe you don`t have to speed glue...
Blade: 729 Carbon ALL+.
Rubbers:red:Tibhar Grass Spezial (ox)
Black:DaweiSuperPower 2008 (2,1)
dragoncat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoncat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 7:53am
My blade is Senkoh 6, so it is a fast blade. I think any rubber with the word soft of FX would need speed-glue. Hopefully Tackfire-Special doesn't need any speed glue.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 1:09pm
As with a LOT of Butterfy products, the performance is mediocre at best until you glue.  I tried SP Soft and was ready to throw it away.  I sponge treated it and wow, it is a great rubber with control and spin.  I never tried the regular version, it has a harder sponge.  Try it yourself and be ready to use some EE II.  It is easier if you use the stuff when the sheet is new. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
dragoncat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoncat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

As with a LOT of Butterfy products, the performance is mediocre at best until you glue.  I tried SP Soft and was ready to throw it away.  I sponge treated it and wow, it is a great rubber with control and spin.  I never tried the regular version, it has a harder sponge.  Try it yourself and be ready to use some EE II.  It is easier if you use the stuff when the sheet is new. 

Hi BH-Man. What is EE II.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 2:19pm
EE-II is a sponge treatment product from JUIC.  It expands the sponge like speed glue and lasts a few months.  The effect is slightly different from speed glue, a little more speed increase than spin increase compard to speed glue, but all in all, I think it is a great alterative to speed glueing.  Just take your time and be careful putting on your few moderate coats and dont get the stuff on the rubber = death for rubber.  You get a 160 ml bottle that will do at least 24 rubbers.  Do a search at DTTW for EE II, there has been a lot of good info/reviews in threads about it.  Most people use it on a new sheet - the safer way if a little gets on the edge of the rubber.  Some can sucessfully do it on a used sheet if they can get off most of the previous glue.  You can get it at Paddlepalace.com if you are in the US.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 2:38am
you dont need to speed glue tackifire special since it was designed that has a low/medium effect of speed glue.

im using this rubber in my classic gergely and im not often in speed gluing. Though it makes a little faster when you use speed glue.
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic