Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (0)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
No feedback for this seller yet. Be the first to post a feedback.
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
khycheun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khycheun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: DHS TG2, TG3, H3, G666
    Posted: 11/17/2006 at 11:50am
I had the following rubbers for sale and would prefer to finish the transaction at local clubs in Scarborough (SKTTC, or CCTTA). If you are interested, please let me know. These are the packaged (public) version in the original packaging.

DHS TG2 (Skyline 2): black, 39 degree, 2.2mm - $20cdn
DHS TG3 (Skyline 3): black, 39 degree, 2.2mm - $20cdn
DHS Hurricane3: red, 39 degree, 2.15mm - $15cdn
DHS G666: black, 2.2mm - $15cdn
Sponsored Links

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 1:17pm

good. i was going to bring a new topic about these rubbers, but i will just talk about them on this thread.  I want to talk about the difference between the commercial rubbers and the province version.  The topsheets are more or less the same but what makes commercial rubbers different from the province versions are the sponges.  Both versions have hard sponges, but the province version is more "springy" than the commercial one.  it means that the ball will leave right after contacting the rubber on the province version, while the ball gets "caught" on the commercial one.  i've noticed that the sponges for the commercial rubbers are basically all similar or the same and i find that to be a problem for me if i were using them.  since the commercial version is not as springy, the tackiness of the rubber becomes stronger due to the lack of catapult effect; therefore, the commercial "hard sponge" does not increase speed at all.  i am not saying that the commercial ones are bad, but when you are getting at a higher level you are going to start to hate them a lot. 

My experience with TG2 is that it feels like a Hurricane 2 to me because of its low throw angle.  Maybe I was too tired that night, but i couldn't do any high arc loops with this sucker.  The sponge is pretty much the same.  I am not sure about the topsheet but it somewhat reminds of the hurricane topsheets.  i think there is a difference between tg and hurricane, but i can't explain what it is (friction??).

H3 provincial is more springy than the commercial one so is better for loop drives.  You have more freedom on how much power you want to put on the ball, but you tend to loose some control with the province version. 

Globe 999 orange or blue sponge version.  i think that 999 is softer and "bouncier" than hurricane 3 (and the province version) and tg in any way.  the topsheets are tacky, but is not tacky for a long period of time like the h3 (you don't want it to be too tacky anyways).  999 is definitely designed for looping. when it says 39 degrees, it feels like a 39.  you have more freedom on how much spin and power you want to put on the ball like H3 province, but with more control. 

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
zerowings007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerowings007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 7:01pm
H3 provincial ($120)and commercial ($98) plays almost the same when using speed glue. why pay 20% more?

Using non-speed glue on both kinds of H3 may make a difference. Rubber must match with your blade.

ps: dollars are in Chinese money.

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2006 at 7:26pm
i would not because i prefer globe 999 over H3.  After many years, I realized that H3 did not work for me at all.  globe 999 kicks ass.  
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic