Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

funny point

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: funny point
    Posted: 09/18/2019 at 3:27pm
Does he touch the ball in that missed backhand loop?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=667768290295531
Static View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 4:32pm
Hard to tell with the video quality but don't think he touched it with his backhand. Did the point count towards his opponent in the end? 
Victas ZX-GEAR IN, FH: Dignics 05, BH: Tenergy 05 FX
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Static Static wrote:

Hard to tell with the video quality but don't think he touched it with his backhand. Did the point count towards his opponent in the end? 
I do not know, I'd be curious. I didn't see him touching the ball.

Edited by stiltt - 09/18/2019 at 4:46pm
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 4:51pm
The opponent did get the point.  Hard to tell if the ball was touched.  It could be that the umpire heard a touch.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 4:58pm
I wonder if it could be made a trick usable in a match, like a tweener in tennis.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 6:26pm
Something else must have happened that we have not seen.
The 3 people were sure that the point went to blue shirt.
The only thing I can think of is that the ball must have grazed red shirt's clothing.
>65yo, presently overweight rather than obese.

Currently testing; Darker Speed90 with T05H/Dignics05. Update; T05 on BH is impressive when all is right,but D05 wins more points

Delusion is an asset
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 6:39pm
Very hard to get decision from the video quality, really. But strangely, the opponent go back to the camera pretty sure the rally ended in his favor. And the boy who tried to hit twice the ball was sure point is for him. Very curious situation. I don't want to be on the umpire's place.
But I think the boy slightly touched the ball in his 1st attempt...I could be wrong, but it seems so.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 6:50pm
This was from our league last SaturdAY AT THE 1:52.00 mark

https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 9:54pm
I can’t load the video on att or T-Mobile, I’ll see at home. Sakda has that trick on high balls when he pretends to smash off the bounce but will do a fh to fh recovery for the funny punch line. I bet that’s what I’m going to watch.

Edited by stiltt - 09/18/2019 at 9:57pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 9:59pm
Both of those are amazing videos.

As long as we're noting funny rallies, check out this Chinese commercial trailer.

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I can’t load the video on att or T-Mobile, I’ll see at home. Sakda has that trick on high balls when he pretends to smash off the bounce but will do a fh to fh recovery for the funny punch line. I bet that’s what I’m going to watch.
Nope.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2019 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Nope.
LOL very good!
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2019 at 7:22pm
sorry but why do you say it's funny?
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

he does it just to amuse people; he has a magician side career and does fun stuff with all kind of accessories, making a ping pong ball disappear from his hands for example. When he does the double smash, he WANTS to be funny that’s why I wrote « funny ». At his level it can’t be a tactic unless the goal is getting into the other player’s head which he won’t do.
The FH to FH recovery is actually harder, the point vince64 shows looks much easier to train for and also more deceptive as a 🍒 on the cake.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2019 at 8:51pm

Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

he does it just to amuse people; he has a magician side career and does fun stuff with all kind of accessories, making a ping pong ball disappear from his hands for example. When he does the double smash, he WANTS to be funny that’s why I wrote « funny ». At his level it can’t be a tactic unless the goal is getting into the other player’s head which he won’t do.
The FH to FH recovery is actually harder, the point vince64 shows looks much easier to train for and also more deceptive as a 🍒 on the cake.

stiltt the clown Clown
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2019 at 10:32pm
Hopefully a funny one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic