Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gael Monfils v Sam Querry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gael Monfils v Sam Querry
    Posted: 07/02/2013 at 3:30pm

These guys aren't bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZm0tx77Vw
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

These guys aren't bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZm0tx77Vw

Racket sport knowledge is usually quite transferable.  In fact, playing table tennis again has developed my appreciation for the backhand slice in tennis and flat hitting vs. top spinning the ball.

In fact, if you watch the final games of the match where Sabine Lisicki upset Serena Williams, you will notice that Serena was conservatively topspinning the ball to Lisicki who was smacking everything at that point.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 4:51pm
one of them looks constantly stoned...
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 5:01pm
Remember monfils won the paddleball nationals in Vegas a few years ago. He can get to anything. He'd have made a nice receiver.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Remember monfils won the paddleball nationals in Vegas a few years ago. He can get to anything. He'd have made a nice receiver.
Really? Nationals - he plays this sport? I am not familiar with it but it's like racquet ball right?
I am told he might be the best TT player on ATP - apparently most tournaments have TT table in the players lounge - he can usually beat everyone.
Butterfly MPS
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 9:55am
He doesn't. He showed up in Vegas for the first tennis channel open. They had nationals paddleball there too and he just played and won. He was so athletic comparatively that he just ran everything down.

It's more like tennis with a really dead racket I think. I think we used to call it pickle ball.

Edited by cole_ely - 07/03/2013 at 9:59am
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

He doesn't. He showed up in Vegas for the first tennis channel open. They had nationals paddleball there too and he just played and won. He was so athletic comparatively that he just ran everything down.

It's more like tennis with a really dead racket I think. I think we used to call it pickle ball.
Yes, he won it in 2006 in Vegas after getting knocked out in the first round of a tennis tournament in vegas. They called it Paddle Tennis back then - found it on google.
Butterfly MPS
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 10:26am
I believe it was Paddle Tennis.  First time I saw it was on "Bay Watch".  The game is similar to tennis but the court is about the size of a badminton court and the racket is a wood paddle (no string).  The ball is the same as tennis but softer.  There was a club here in Houston many years back but they didn't survive for long.
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by chu_bun chu_bun wrote:

I believe it was Paddle Tennis.  First time I saw it was on "Bay Watch".  The game is similar to tennis but the court is about the size of a badminton court and the racket is a wood paddle (no string).  The ball is the same as tennis but softer.  There was a club here in Houston many years back but they didn't survive for long.
I believe Cole is correct - it's changed it's name to Pickleball - a friend plays it. Wooden racquet with plastic balls with holes in it. Played on Badminton court.
Butterfly MPS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic